Video archives. Post all your 2012 GTA videos.

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 69 comments
What's your wheel settings? Sounds strange what your describing, to me anyway, the only difference it makes to me is increasing understeer and helps keep control when the back end slides. I put it on because I have no traction out of corners without it, it spins out easily when I put the throttle on. With AS I can get on the power earlier.

That's what it's helping me with. I can manage the understeer with trail braking or lift-throttle stuff, but the complete and utter lack of grip in the rear was just unbearable.

The car really doesn't do a good job of showcasing anything for PD or Nissan, it kind of just makes the 370z seem like a pig. And yet I find that somewhat accurate given my (limited) seat time in them.

^^this.

BTW, what Force Feedback settings are you guys using, I've had it at 5 and I've increased it to various settings.

Earlier I decreased it to a 3 then a 4, it seemed to help me put down some consistent 1:32's which I haven't been able to do a lot lately.

I guess the lesser the resistance the better I was to put the car where I wanted, idk. :D

I'm going to try again tomorrow, my mental juice is low. :P

^^this.

BTW, what Force Feedback settings are you guys using, I've had it at 5 and I've increased it to various settings.

Earlier I decreased it to a 3 then a 4, it seemed to help me put down some consistent 1:32's which I haven't been able to do a lot lately.

I guess the lesser the resistance the better I was to put the car where I wanted, idk. :D

I'm going to try again tomorrow, my mental juice is low. :P

I'm on FFB of 1. I can't stand the FFB, it just doesn't respond how I think a car should respond. I feel like I have much more control with the FFB down low. I'm also mired in the low 33s, so what do I know?

I really don't like the way AS makes my wheel feel. I'll be mid-turn and it'll jerk over, I just can't deal with that so I do much better without, that or I just haven't figured out how to benefit from it somehow.

That's how I feel with AS :crazy:, so just been watching Adam and that japanese guy ( can't remember his name begins with T ) for tips. Think my lines are fine just need to focus on carrying more speed/getting on the power earlier through some sections.

I normally always use 2 FFB, but put it up to 8 and it felt a bit better :lol:. I think having it higher helped with the chicane as I was kinda forced to input less steering ( higher resistance) meaning I could keep it smoother.

I had a few runs last night without AS, but this time I put the FFB up to 7, whereas before I had it at 5, which gave me more feel, and it helped, I did a 1.31.6, .2 off my best, and I think if I hooked a lap with either AS on or off I might be able to do a 1.31.2. So I think both have their advantages. No AS = better turn in/worse traction. With AS = The opposite of course :)

I think I'm going to give a higher FFB setting a go; I can see exactly where the differences are in my laps and the fast laps, I just don't have any consistency on the wheel.

Really don't understand how the top times are able to lay the power down without any drama. They have the throttle matted coming out of some of these corners in ways that would have me doing pirouettes.

ok i ve been running ffb @10 sim power steering on might try ffb lower power steering off iam using a t500rs ferrari
who is using power steering in wheel settings on/off whats best

I really don't like the way AS makes my wheel feel. I'll be mid-turn and it'll jerk over, I just can't deal with that so I do much better without, that or I just haven't figured out how to benefit from it somehow.

But I'd imagine on a controller it could help more.

I'm gonna be posting a video of the fastest time without AS compared to the fastest AS assisted time later today, side-by-side thing. That way we can immediately see where it's most beneficial or not.

I myself did not like AS tried it and hated it made the car feel weird. But after seing it work for so many people, i decided to try it and stick with for a while. After a while i got used to it and ran a good lap. I know with the AS on you really need to be aggressive with the wheel and not countersteer at all or it will get you in trouble.

I run my FF at 5

Current world best, eclipsi_RC- 1'30.745, two different views, same lap (onboard and out)

Wow, talk about control. It's like he's in a different car with no unwanted oversteer whatsoever. Also his ability to hold what looks like about 95% throttle is amazing.

He absolutely committed genocide on that last turn, my word.

That exit from T4/5 makes me hold my breath too xD. If cones could talk.

Wow, talk about control. It's like he's in a different car with no unwanted oversteer whatsoever. Also his ability to hold what looks like about 95% throttle is amazing.

Yeah, but looking at it close what he really has down is all the right angles. Everyway he points the car is just optimal for the best lines.

The craziest part is the last turn where he does the mid-apex slide that allows him to just put down the power so perfectly spot on early.

Indeed, he just gets everything absolutely nailed, pretty much perfect lap that I can see. Be surprised if someone beats that, if they do it'll be by hundredths. I don't see more than a tenth in there.

What im trying to work out with this car is my turn in downshift shiftlock, all the top guys are doing this to get the nose angled correctly when exiting the corner, I keep inducing under steer and scrubbing the tyres. Are you guys able to shed any light? Its almost as if a slight handbrake is applied?

Im using a driving force wheel ffb3 and I picked up GT5 2 days ago, power steering off, all assists off, active steering strong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys (I wish I found this game sooner!)

http://www.jameswalden.co.uk/

Welcome to the world of Gran Turismo :)

I guess I can help shed a bit of light on that specific issue with inducing the slide you're talking about. If you're not using assisted steering it's done by trail braking up to the point you want to get more rotation going. So brake hard as usual then reduce semi-gradually down to around 5% or lower and if you time that right to the point you want to get the rotation/slide going (apex or near apex) then you'll find it more natural.

If you are using assisted steering, simply put more of an angle in with the wheel, slightly more input, and it will accomplish the same thing more or less.

This tutorial video gives a great overview and should cue you in even more on what you should be trying to accomplish the right balance:

Made by a fellow GTP'er, Tidgney, thread for the video here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=256460

Thank you Wardez, i'll watch the tutorial by Tidgney in a second.. much appreciated!

But just to clarify your elevating brake pressure to around 5% whilst rolling on the power simultaneously.

with active steering you should be effectivly turning in early??

Again, thanks Wardez.

Not early, just, at the same point you'd go down to low braking rather give a small extra jerk of input on the wheel and it should get you going.

Back