Videos of you driving in your cockpit

• Thread starter Aus Rotten
  • 33 comments
eXperience
What do you mean i don't get is.
hes asking to see videos of US driving in ARE CARS. :dunce: tell me if i'm wrong, but my money is that i'm right. :sly:

WHY WOULD YOU ASK A QUESTION LIKE THIS???? 💡

whatever it is, works for me :dopey:

that maybe so but he was going for a hotlap not a race. He also has other vids that are very nice to watch, rally at chamonix and a RUF lap of the nurb.

Small_Fryz
that maybe so but he was going for a hotlap not a race. He also has other vids that are very nice to watch, rally at chamonix and a RUF lap of the nurb.

Links? :)

EDIT: Nevermind nice fids indeed! 👍 Is the whole car stock standaard hp bur with oil change a little more or is is all tuned accept the suspension?

Thanks gt_masta for clearing things up. Yes thats what i meant.... Videos of people driving in there cockpits like 3rdgenracerX. There are a couple other guys videoing themselves. Its cool to watch and see others technique's , well at least i think so, lol. hey im easily amused. Plus im getting the things together i need to build a cockpit and i like to see how they are positioned in them.

Aus Rotten
Thanks gt_masta for clearing things up. Yes thats what i meant.... Videos of people driving in there cockpits like 3rdgenracerX. There are a couple other guys videoing themselves. Its cool to watch and see others technique's , well at least i think so, lol. hey im easily amused. Plus im getting the things together i need to build a cockpit and i like to see how they are positioned in them.

Well i will try 👍

Hey Guys,
I've just made a vid of me driving in Nurburgring S-16 license test which I pulled 6'49.384. It's slightly quicker than the last video I posted but there are plenty of mistakes...
Anyways I've sent the replay to the Modorators so see if they'll host it up on the Video section.
Aus_Rotton, check your PM :)
Cheers!

Hi guys,

Here's a video that I've sent to Jordan which might take a while or may not be hosted in the video section so for those who want to see this new video of my S-16 run (6'49.384) from outside view of me actually using DFP, please send me a msg to my email address ( granturismoracer@gmail.com ) or PM me so I can reply to you with link to the download page.

This video is about 84MB so I'd only recommend for people with fast internet connections. Also this is only limited to certain amount of download so be quick to let me know.

Some screen shot of what it looks like.

:cheers:

vuda
Hi guys,

Here's a video that I've sent to Jordan which might take a while or may not be hosted in the video section so for those who want to see this new video of my S-16 run (6'49.384) from outside view of me actually using DFP, please send me a msg to my email address ( granturismoracer@gmail.com ) or PM me so I can reply to you with link to the download page.

This video is about 84MB so I'd only recommend for people with fast internet connections. Also this is only limited to certain amount of download so be quick to let me know.

Some screen shot of what it looks like.

:cheers:
Save all the emails and PM's, it's been uploaded to GTP. 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/index.php?categoryid=31&p13_sectionid=4

I got a video of me driving somewhere in the main GT4 section, im making a new one at the moment though with new camera angles, but you dont see anything on the screen. Im doing foot cam and stuff like that, just like in BMI.

vtec_guy
I got a video of me driving somewhere in the main GT4 section, im making a new one at the moment though with new camera angles, but you dont see anything on the screen. Im doing foot cam and stuff like that, just like in BMI.

hehe I know what u talking about :) I wanted to do that and have picture-in-picture on my vid but didn't have second cam or software to do that.
That'll be cool though.

eXperience
EDIT: Nevermind nice vids indeed! 👍 Is the whole car stock standard hp bur with oil change a little more or is is all tuned accept the suspension?
On the RUF CTR 87' Yellow bird video " http://www.3rdgenracerx.net/87yellowbird.wmv " I drive the CTR in its completely stock just as you won it settings format. I.E, don't add a single performance enhancing part on the car at all and no changing the setting on the suspension. The only things I changed was the oil"worth a few more HP", adding a set of N1 economy tires, and turning off ASM and TCS. Youll have somewhere in the range of 462 hp thats what the replay screen show's when viewed in the replay theater.
Leaving the car like that "should" and I stress the word Should have your RUF CTR close to that of Stefan Rosler's same RUF CTR that he drove on the Ring in traffic and in real life for the Fanzination video's as seen here: http://www.gofastvideo.com/gallery/...acing-videos/ruf-porsche---stefan-rosler.html

mflintjer
Very nice lap -- but let's see him squall the tires that much in a championship race -- bet he doesn't last more than 6 laps!!
Your still going to squall your tires at any time that your on the cornering ability limit that your car has at a particular time. Your not going to squall no where near as bad as you will in a tire wear race as you will in a no tire wear cituiation because theres a large difference between the quality of tires and fuel load that your on. In practice mode your tires are at the perfect tempature where they give the best ammount of grip and your fuel load is most likely empty since you never run out of fuel. In the race you have only a small time frame to where your on the same or close to same grip and weight level so you'll experiance the same conering sounds as you would in practice mode.

In the races I change up my suspension setup some to aid in tire life at the expense of sheer speed. Some tracks are a drastic change and others are small changes. Monaco is a drastic change and Suzuka is a small change track from a hot lap setup to a race setup.

Lets look at my first pit sequence time's for the FGT monaco race,
Starting from dead last. full race time: 1:37'38.660
1st: 1'21.366
2nd: 1'12.328
3rd: 1'11.611
4th: 1'11.663
5th: 1'11.301
6th: 1'11.902 "rear tires startting to get orange after Nouvelle chicane"
7th: 1'34.001 "Pit in at end of lap. Front tires optimal yellow, rear tires smoking red hot!"
8th: 1'13.732 "Pit out at beggining of lap"
Every lap i'm squalling the tires in the corners. We really shouldn't be able to hear that but PD put that in so one could audibally hear that they are on the limit I guess?

This is with a full fuel load, in the latter stages of the race I eventually dip into the high 1'09's when i'm running on as light as possible fuel load for 7 laps and only during 1 lap when my tire tempatures are at their race optimal points, still not quite the same point as you get in practice mode but close enough. My tire wear was better at the mid point of the race since i'm now running in my optimal fuel weight range.

My best lap during the viewable 33 1/2 lap replay is a 1'10.551 set around lap 25ish just as i'm finally getting into the optimal tire quality and fuel weight zone.

I saw 3rdgenracerX's yellowbird video long time ago
my drool was all over my keyboard
he got great reflex!

Then I attempted to do the same with my old GTF
crap ... I spun out in 15 sec :dunce:

Back