Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,836 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see a man with a mustache like that, you know things are going to get sorted out!!
 
Premat's effort was superb considering he's a #2.

We've had 61 laps...I fear we'll have 61 ads before the race restarts :/
 
Premat needs the 34. Good job. He looks rested and calm with his feet up.
 
Red flag out. Hope it doesn't go do too long, but I can't imagine otherwise.
 
Red flag to repair the track at Turn 2. 15 minutes approximately it will take to repair it.

Hmmm... I don't like these new rules for a red flag. I honestly think you should not be able to touch the car whatsoever.
 
Edit. Hey, NISSAN leading. :P
 
Just as I was going to get my lunch sorted, so good timing
 
Anyone else a bit concerend about why they're putting a new starter motor in for the Volvo of Premat and Scottie?
 
More of a precaution than anything, I would suspect. Looked like a new starter going into one of the JD Nissans too, and lots of teams replacing brake rotors...
 
That cement / grout / patch they're putting in.

How long would it take to set properly??
 
Crompton said it takes about fifteen minutes to cure.
 
At least this gives HRT a chance to solve #22's dash issues and gives me a chance to catch up on the end of the Moto3 race and the Nascar.

That patch they're putting in too, can't see it lasting the rest of the race.
 
He'll never live that down.
 
We might see the race resume for some 20 minutes. If they're just laying it down now, 12:46pm AEST give or take a few minutes.

So, bouncing between three coverages of motorsport today, Fuji 6hrs, Nascar and V8 Supercars with F1 later tonight. What a day!
 
The surface was good for the 12H. If I was council, I'd want to see who hired the work crew.
 
Anyone know if the 1000 has an absolute time limit imposed on it like other events?

Garry doing an Ingall on the way this red flag has been handled, he's not happy that they might not be able to get the 33 going without an against-the-rules push start.
 
It surely wouldn't be able to go into darkness, so probably 6pm AEST. Don't take my word for it as I may be wrong. Bit nervey if Scottie will be able to get away from the restart.

What about that TV/Simulator/Fridge thing?
 
Anyone know if the 1000 has an absolute time limit imposed on it like other events?

From Speedcafe's twitter.
There is nothing in the supp regs to indicate a time cut-off, so the ending of the race will likely be 161 laps or light concerns #V8SC

Estimated restart time is 2pm local.

And twitter continues to entertain. This time Ryan Walkinshaw.
Currently wheeling the #2 chassis out onto the grid during the red flag, she needs a full rebuild from scratch but I think we have time....
:lol:
 
Last edited:
187042-pepsi-max-crew-fpr-v8-supercars-ford.jpg


That's why I dislike the sponsorship on the headlights. They should take them off
 
187042-pepsi-max-crew-fpr-v8-supercars-ford.jpg


That's why I dislike the sponsorship on the headlights. They should take them off
At least they're (headlights) not stickers! ;)
 
The grout itself not the problem, the existing areas next to their patching will breakout next.
The grout's bonding ability is greater then what it's bonding to. It will hold and pull on the touching aggregate out.Then the next pieces will be exposed to the forces the tyres.
It is possible the grout will pull out of the asphalt completely whole.
 
Would love to see Roland Dane's take on these red flag rules ;)
 
Race to restart in about 8 minutes. 10 minutes later than expected.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back