Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,794 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Volvo's double stacked. Apparently Whincup is back on the lead lap... damn. Well everything is going his way now! ;)
 
Oh, that's a shame for Slade. His terrible year continues.

And Whincup is back on the lead lap.
 
This brings 33 right back into it, surely nobody can make it to the end from here on two stops?
It's probably going to come down to McLaughlin, Reynolds and van Gisbergen. It was an odd call not to bring #97 in for a pad change. Especially since GRM called it.
 
Usually about now Lowndesy gets the eyes on.
 
Yep, confirmation that Dumbrell is indeed on the lead lap.
 
I think if it's green all the way to the flag then McLaughlin/Premat are definitely still in it. Assuming 23 lap fuel range that Larko mentioned on his whiteboard before the race started, they'll only need to put in about 12 laps of fuel in their final stop - half a tank. Given that stops are fuel-limited, the closer 33 stays to the leaders the closer to the front Scott will be after the last stop. Another yellow, no matter the lap, and I think they're done :(
 
So just thinking... if a manufacturer other than Holden or Ford is to win today, that has to be big for V* Supercars as a whole. Hopefully it encourages more manufacturer's to come on board with the series and hopefully keep it going after 2016/17. Would love to see Lexus come on-board, I think the have a car or two to do so.
 
Got to be impressed with the job Heimgartner and Perderson have done with the Super Black Falcon so far, kept it clean and out of trouble. 👍
 
I would like to see Super Black finish well or atleast within the top 10, but im rooting for gisbergen.
 
Super Black have been quietly impressive, kept out of trouble and are running pretty consistently 👍

Anyone know if Premat has completed his lap requirement? If he has, a safety car wouldn't necessarily bury the 33's chance of victory as they still won't need as much fuel in one of the two stops... come on GRM, make something happen!
 
That's what I'm hoping for in GRM. I thought he was done. Been stuck behind the nissans for a bit.
 
97 in, SVG takes over from Webb. If it's green to the end they've gotta be tight on fuel.
 
Ooooo 34 crashed
 
I told you not to scare me like that Robert :( Thought that was 33 for a moment!
 
Almost had a heart attack then I briefly thought it was the #33. Shame for Dalhgren.

Edit: Safety car.
 
Dahlgren bins it

Mind=Blown
 
34 stops, SC called, 34 gets going again.

What is this I don't even.
 
Therebwevgo. Helps "The Future".
 
Premat comes in, looks like Scotty goes into the car.
 
I cant see how this doesn't help 33 pitting whilst green flag and sc happens right after.
 
Dumbrell has not done his required laps. Yay, more problems for Whincup.

Finally Whincup has to wait behind Lowndsey in the pits. How's that Whingecup!
 
Dumbrell is 4 laps short on his co-driver laps. That will hurt them big time.
 
Lowndes leads, Reynolds P2, Fabian P3, Mostert and McLaughlin round out the five.

This is gonna be good.
 
888 going to win this.

Calling it.
 
What a recovery from Coulthard. 👍 Honestly I'd hadn't paid attention to them after Youlden beached it.
888 going to win this.

Calling it.

I'd like to think that Reynolds can do something in the final stint but Lowndes always goes to another level in the final laps at Bathurst
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back