Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,718 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
If yes, it's unfortunate. But I would like to believe Wilson Security see the value in picking better drivers.

Hope they keep the Polestar blue.
 
I don't like the WS stripe decals. The black Lancers look so awful. Yes, hope the Swede blue stays.

Hand up for Premat, but since he's moved, doubt GRM will have him back. Can't help but think he'd be a beast in the S60.
 
I don't like the WS stripe decals. The black Lancers look so awful. Yes, hope the Swede blue stays.

Hand up for Premat, but since he's moved, doubt GRM will have him back. Can't help but think he'd be a beast in the S60.
From what I saw yesterday; great with a clear track, and picked off easily once racing unfolded. Maybe it was relative tyre age but the Volvo went backwards with him at the wheel.
 
From what I saw yesterday; great with a clear track, and picked off easily once racing unfolded. Maybe it was relative tyre age but the Volvo went backwards with him at the wheel.

Yeah, I mentioned that yesterday. He had lap record at one point. He just used up the rears and had 16-18laps to go. He was definitely trying to gap. kept his driving clean and is confident.


W.Davison going much better in qualifying.

phpH0Z3S9twitterlogo.jpeg

Order after the top 10: McLaughlin, Whincup, Lowndes, SVG, W Davison, Reynolds, Moffat, Slade, Mostert, Courtney
 
Last edited:
I'm glad they've picked up sponsorship, but I wish they didn't have to touch that livery. Best looking cars on the grid.
 
Pole for McLaughlin in the Polestar :D 👍
 
P7 for Moffat at the last second. Good to see Reynolds recover from yesterday, hopefully he can duke it out with the Bulls.
 
Am I the only one who thinks Reynolds is a little overrated? I mean, he's quick, and he's been a bit luckless in the past, but he's his own worst enemy at times.
 
Anyone notice Ritter is actually doing the qualifying in the 34, and hes not doing bad either lol.
 
Just about to mention Ritter in a good spot to move up.

Buncombe is in a good spot too. He might jump Owen at the start. The Altima will be quick today.

Alex Davison though. I might start Wil. Only if Scottie starts. Man, A.Davison makes me ill when he's behind the wheel. He does that,"Ooo! A squirrel!" And darts off course.
 
I don't like the WS stripe decals. The black Lancers look so awful. Yes, hope the Swede blue stays.
If they insist on green stripes, then something like Steve Richards' Carrera Cup livery would be the way to go.

Hopefully they will also keep Valvoline. But then if Valvoline want a major sponsor deal, maybe they will back two Nissans.
 
5091909381_1a9fe6933e.jpg

I like the painted wheels on Richards' car too.
This is probably the best of the liveries for WS. I don't like the black David Wall car.

If they keep the name on the bonnet like this, that's fine by me.
Screen-Shot-2014-10-26-at-10.23.591-344x240.png


And interesting comment below. If only MERCEDES AUSTRALIA pulled their head out, Betty could have gotten some backing.
“Synergies between brands are often spoken about in situations like this, but we’re genuinely excited about this partnership as we can see clear opportunities for all parties,” said John McMellan, Chief Executive Officer Asia Pacific for Wilson Security.

“We have been keeping a close eye on Volvo and Polestar’s progress in their debut season of the V8 Supercars Championship, and it’s not often you get the opportunity to partner with a global luxury car manufacturer so we’re looking forward to it.”
 
Last edited:
That on the bonnet and the sides with no green would be the best.

The Valvoline on the sides as now looks soo good though hopefully that stays.
 
anyone got a link for me to watch Race #2? the link I have has baseball on it... Man I wish the US had live broadcasts instead of using online streams
 
So how many points are they racing for today? Is Whincup confirmed winner? Or does he need to be a certain position to get the title?
 
anyone got a link for me to watch Race #2? the link I have has baseball on it... Man I wish the US had live broadcasts instead of using online streams
V8 SuperView is your only hope.
 
Is SVG capable of passing someone without touching them first?

With any luck, he'll get a penalty for an unsafe release.
 
"OOOOOOHHOHOHHHHHHHHH"
 
Paul Morris does a Paul Morris into the final corner, and the end result is very un-Paul Morris.
 
For once Alex Davison kept the car in one piece but where the heck are they?!! NISSAN looking good.
 
I'll just be standing in the corner cheering for Giz :p
 
I'll just be standing in the corner cheering for Giz :p
 
SVG gets whacked with the Hammer of Karma. Again.
 
Shouldn't Tander get one too for passing Reynolds?
 
Looked to me like Whincup was going too slow rather than SVG being too fast relative to MCL... Scotty got right on the back of Jamie off the exit of the last turn, and Shane wasn't anticipating Whincup being at that speed?
 
People can't afford to be cheeky.
 
Slade up to 10th and looking pacey.

And problems for the #22, what else is new? :grumpy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back