Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,672 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Walkinshaw could run 2 Jags alongside 2 Holdens...:mischievous:
 
I'm sensing shades of Group A with these new regulations.
 
"leading team" ...

I'm still trying to work out what leading team means? As far as I'm aware all the major teams (FPR, GRM, HRT, BJR*, etc) are all locked into deals with their respective sponsors for a couple more years. The Norton Nissan's or the two potential LDM entries would be my guess and yes, I'm aware that you can't call either of them a leading team but as I said, a guess. :)

*Well Coulthard's ride at least.
 
The Jack Daniels deal is from 2013-2015. Erebus also had Tapout on the bonnet for a couple races. I haven't heard anything since.

Monster named Red Bull as their rival. So, a leading team in regards to what? Recruiting young talent? Innovation? Business sense?
 
My guess is it will be DJR Penske. Thats if they are backing big.

That or HRT.
 
My guess is it will be DJR Penske. Thats if they are backing big.

That or HRT.

Roland Dane has to be trying to get Pye a drive. Monster could work at DJR. Full sponsor for Pye and possible bonnet signage for Ambrose. It'll come down to which REC AND how much real estate will be available on the #17.


http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/12/05/v8-supercars-eyes-australian-gt-takeover/

WTH?

http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/12/05/v8-supercars-dumbrell-settle-legal-action/

LDM have two REC's 👍👍
 
Last edited:
What's the bet they'll want to stop the GT Championship guys from competing in the 12 hour too.
 
Doesn't Tony Quinn currently own Australian GT? Hes rather good at marketing, this would hopefully be to the GT benefit
 
He does and, I agree, he does seem to be quite a clever man but I can't help but feel a bit cynical about this after the Bathurst 12 Hour debacle. Granted, the 12 Hour is a completely different entity to the GT Championship but it reeks of V8 Supercars trying to contain an ever-growing series. I hope V8 Supercars' intentions are pure because this could be great for the GT Championship, hopefully they can add some more hour-long races for the calendar like they do at Clipsal. It would be fantastic if this would act as an incentive for some of the V8 teams to add a GT3 car (or two) to their fleets as well.
 
http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/12/04/v8-supercars-bullish-gen2-engine-equality/

Anyone here an engine expert? 650hp @7500rpm. Any engine. What's the budget like in developing a hybrid engine from the Toyota LMP and putting it in an 'SC' Camry?
Turbos will save the day on the V8quadcam engines with their higher compression. But locked diffs and all that torque with narrow tyres, should make for interesting handling.
Rules don't state anything about fuel changing should be interesting on the turbos if they continue to use E85.

Oh and 100,000,000+
 
Erebus also had Tapout on the bonnet for a couple races. I haven't heard anything since.

And Erebus also have got another 12 months to go on the Beko deal for Davison's car.

Can't see it being HRT, still got two years left on the deal with SP Tools.
 
The article also mentions sponsoring a driver.
Chaz is one. Nathan Pretty is in V8 Utes. Giz, Andrew Thompson and Pye are Monster sponsored. Ken Block and Vaughn Gitten drive Fords(probably leaves Lewis Hamilton out on the sidelines :sly: ).
 
Who drove the monster car in the Dunlop series?

Last I remember was Andrew Thompson.
From 2011
https://mobile.monsterenergy.com/au...ple-eight-racing-unleash-fujitsu-v8-supercar/

Pye was in 2012

**Holdsworth into the wall on warm up lap. Red flagged.
B4IAgBcCUAAaefk.jpg


phpivxaapscreen_shot_2014-12-06_at_9.33.05_am.png
 
Last edited:
HRT burned by that red flag, big time. Going to be a tough ask starting way back there. Slade starting from 4th though and great stuff for Erebus getting their first ever pole. 👍
 
phpzmpqa5screen_shot_2014-12-06_at_11.49.28_am.png


If Scottie can't get pole tomorrow, whincup gets the title for most P1.

I'm still amazed at what Volvo has accomplished this year.
Good job by Bright.
 
Anyone else find it funny that the Nissan's are always mostly grouped together? :odd:
 
Anyone else find it funny that the Nissan's are always mostly grouped together? :odd:

Yep, since last year. That's why they can't complain one has a better car than the other on a bad day.
 
I'm still amazed at what Volvo has accomplished this year.

Indeed. And their only going to be better again next year. Cool to see a both Davison and Bright get poles today. 👍
 
*yawn* so when does the racing start?
 
*yawn* so when does the racing start?
:lol:

At least he has to fight to get to the front in the next one.

Edit: If it rains, we all know who's going to win...
 
I'm west of Sydney at the moment. Light rain and it stopped. Just thundering now.

:lol:

At least he has to fight to get to the front in the next one.

Edit: If it rains, we all know who's going to win...

Yep
 
Missed most of the race, turned it on just in time to see Whincup passing Slade. :indiff: Still really pleased to see Tim finish 2nd, been a tough year for him.
Edit: If it rains, we all know who's going to win...

Indeed.
 
Its thunder and mild rain here in Windsor, rain will come I reckon.
 
I miss the days when Whincup didn't know how to pull the car off the line.
 
Praying for rain right about now. At least it will mix things up a bit, I hope. :indiff:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back