Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,672 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it does actually rain soon, not just so we can hope Whincup slips up, but otherwise we'll end up with an even more processional race with drivers trying to save tyres, waiting for the rain to hit, similar to the Monaco GP this year (or was that last year?).
 
I think Bright is nothing but a road block at the moment.
 
That looks brutal out there!
 
Of course Whincup is lucky enough to pit at the perfect time zzz...
 
Stream just crapped out. :(
Hah, mine too. Just as it was starting to get interesting. I swear the first half of the race we saw more shots of the clouds than the cars!
 
That rain is another planet, you can barely see the cars on track from the TV imagen being the driver lol.
 
Hah, mine too. Just as it was starting to get interesting. I swear the first half of the race we saw more shots of the clouds than the cars!
It's back and holy crap that's a lot of water.

Edit: Sound is screwed up though.
 
Good call on the safety car. Seems like a typical Sydney early summer storm, completely on a different level compared to what we get out here in the Adelaide plains.
 
I've lost TV coverage, poor effort Sky 👎
 
We have been getting these crazy storms every arfternoon/early night all week.
 
Race is red flagged atm anyway, so hopefully you don't miss out on any racing
 
Oh, it rained heavy in Penrith for a good 30minutes before the race. They'll miss that one.
 
We have been getting these crazy storms every arfternoon/early night all week.
We get similar storms during monsoon season. Nice for the first half of the day, clouds move in, dust storm moves through, then all hell breaks loose.
 
Race is red flagged atm anyway, so hopefully you don't miss out on any racing
I just got coverage back, but I still missed at least 3-4 laps' worth of slip n' sliding :irked:
 
I just got coverage back, but I still missed at least 3-4 laps' worth of slip n' sliding :irked:
There wasn't really anything noteworthy, really. Wall ended up backwards in the wall and Bright overshot a corner, letting Van Gizbergen through.
 
I heard Whincup had a whoopsee, would have liked to have seen that!
 
Not enough to take him out of the lead before the safety car came out though!
 
And they get to work on the cars.
 
Looks like they are getting ready to head back out.
 
Back out under safety car. Will they manage to complete enough laps to constitute a race?
 
Can't see this restarting, pretty sure it's over
 
Looks good for Caruso to hold on to 10th in the Championship.
20141206-_E7R2824.jpg


I guess the budget doesn't allow for any other material, than what you can find at Spotlight.
 
Last edited:
Looks good for Caruso to hold on to 10th in the Championship.
20141206-_E7R2824.jpg


I guess the budget doesn't allow for any other material, than what you can find at Spotlight.
The podium pretty much reflects on who have been the fastest 3 drivers this year, only Whincup seems to get the consistency though.
 
The podium pretty much reflects on who have been the fastest 3 drivers this year, only Whincup seems to get the consistency though.

It also proves, if you have money, a good team and management(RBRA), resources and business sense (GRM/Polestar), the right equipment(Tekno), along with a no-holds barred aggressive "racer"(all 3 as you mentioned), you win races.

FPR somehow dropped the ball
BJR the same
HRT should be 2nd place runners by now
 
Showers expected again today for the race. Can't wait, hopefully if it does rain we don't see the race finished early. Really want to see a dash to the line in the wet!
 
Last dash
phpjiamf1screen_shot_2014-12-07_at_11.21.59_am.png


QUALifying results before the Shootout
phpvmmrzjscreen_shot_2014-12-07_at_11.29.05_am.png


Well, Perkins has the car, must be the driver. Good work by FPR.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back