Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,344 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? A blue Holden?

It's not that surprising. Percat's Commodore last year was (mostly) blue. Bright's as well. It happens, occasionally. :lol:
 
Come on FPR.....side shot please.

10675696_894402527247067_4596845032616962531_n.jpg


Edit:

prodrive-3-e1423116273202.png
 
Last edited:
Quite strange to see them without Ford on the windscreen banner and the giant Falcon on the sides. The FG-X as a race car does look rather great though.
 
About time that Datsun had a more touring caresque wing on it, I wonder if they have evolved tye power steering,

Quite strange to see them without Ford on the windscreen banner and the giant Falcon on the sides. The FG-X as a race car does look rather great though.

Yeah your right, I didn't actually see that, great spot!
 
Ambrose FG X will be in XBOX colors for the test.
djr-xbox-fgx-e1423119486428.png


Still looks like a "GT" Wing from this view.
 
What? A blue Holden?
You think that's bad? There's a guy in my town who's painted his Commodore's Holden badge blue... And he's also a die-hard Holden fan...
 
Those black wheels saved it. I guess we'll see more colored wheels this season. I'm waiting for someone to bring back white wheels.

http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/02/05/jamie-whincup-extends-triple-eight-contract/

Lowndes should leave. Go to Penske and Pye to T8.

New livery reveal
Jamie-Whincup-2015.jpg

still can't see the car.
Nice and clean. Just what I like
Double post because HELL YEAH. All season on Caruso's car. :D

nissan-motorsport-1-e1423103166809.png


And a nice GT Academy livery for Todd this weekend.

nissan-todd-kelly1.png


http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/05/nissan-increases-v8-supercars-investment/
Well that raises the chances of V8 Supercars being put in GT...

Come on FPR.....side shot please.

10675696_894402527247067_4596845032616962531_n.jpg


Edit:

prodrive-3-e1423116273202.png
That wing
 
What makes you think I feel it's bad? I'm by no means a Holden fan.
Just sounded like you were a bit 'against' a blue Holden.

My bad, I completely misunderstood. :)
 
Watching it in motion, looks like a Mustang already. But that wing. Seriously huge!
 
I'm just glad that they kept it blue. Looks good. 👍

Davison's E63.

Erebus_SMP_Test_Day_035.jpg


Edit:
Erebus-Livery.jpg
 
Last edited:
"Where do you want the Solar Australia sticker to go, Betty?"

"Oh, just stick it on."
 
I'd like to imagine that's how the conversation went. Certainly looks that way. :lol: Wish they kept the black/blue scheme from last year's test day, miles better than anything they've had on the cars since.
 
The S60 looks like last years car with the Wilson Security slapped on the sides. And I like the silver/blue on the Mercs (Mercedes should be silver, right?) but not what I expected with their sponsorship announcement yesterday.
 
Yeah. I thought Erebus would have REPSOL colors. But the colors look good. The cars look ready. That sticker on Davison's car though.
 
I knew something was up when there was Lexus IS-F pace cars during TCM meets.
this is a good thing.

Side note: I just had a chat with a Repsol rep. He said they had to keep quiet the past 3 weeks before yesterday's announcement. Good things coming.
 
Last edited:
Adelaide's Liberal Propaganda Newspaper (aka The Advertiser) has new details on the Tailem Bend circuit. I was unable to grab a copy (so I'm going off memory here) but there was a detailed map of the venue, including:
- 6+km circuit built to international standards, the proposed layout has a lot of various shaped corners, a long main straight and at least two circuit variations
- drag strip
- skid pan
- small runway for aircraft
- motor cross and off-roading paths
- onsite accomodation, including a hotel and camping areas
- Fast food (Hungry Jack's, Subway and Oporto)

The construction has backing from the owner of the service station giant On the Run and could begin soon but there are no solid plans just yet. They were saying that there's potential for a V8 Supercar round by, at least, the end of 2016 but that sounds quite optimistic to me.

It's planned to be Australia's biggest motorsport/automotive venue. From what I can gather it looks to be Australia's answer to the Red Bull Ring.

Maybe @TDZdave has a copy and could add anything I've missed (and take a photo of the plans).
 
I delivered that horrid publication last night, though knowing how newslimited like to inflate the truth I hardly thought it was worthy of posting, but more info on the article as requested,

The circuit is already there, its the former Mitsubishi proving ground,

Circuit length, 7.2KM (its longer then Bathurst)

A 100 room motel,

An "on the run" facility,

My opinion is that the only way this will get going in motion is if Adelaide abandoned the street circuit, which is a probability once the new regulations come into play, then that facility will take over,

The fella that owns the "on the run" chains is financing the whole project, and he certainly isn't short of money, he was already wealthy prior to migrating to Australia and through playing his cards right has only grown in wealth since arriving in Adelaide, so the proposal for the facility will most likely be followed through,

Its extremely flat out that way, I think it will be a fairly boring circuit,
 
Speaking of On the Run stations, they are building one in my town right now.
 
Get ready for discounted rotten iced coffee and overpriced fuels!
 
LDM's "Nascar style" liveries for the test day.

B9IcgIVCEAAYoQ5.jpg
 
Get ready for discounted rotten iced coffee and overpriced fuels!
I only get fuel at QT (QuikTrip), which in these parts is the best all around station I have ever been to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back