Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,480 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Congrats to Coulthard and BJR on their first Clipsal 500 win! After a brilliant 2013 they struggled a bit last year, good to see them back up the front. Hopefully they can bring the fight to RBRA all season.
 
New Utes are given the go-ahead.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/02/28/v8-utes-v8sc-to-jointly-develop-new-platform/

Utes1.jpg
 
Well tomorrows race will be heated if anything...
 
Well, the 17 stayed out of trouble and lives to try again tomorrow.

The 23 could have been on the podium both races. I wanted to see it versus the 33.

Good for Courtney, his luck held out.

The E63 looked quick.

V8SC do need to clean the tracks better. We'll do it all again tomorrow.
 
Good to see BJR up the front, hopefully they can stay consistent this year.
 
Ignoring a 10 second penalty that somehow became a 20 second penalty and the other stuff. Big, big congrats to Coulthard and BJR, always great to see them perform well. 👍 Both HRT cars in the top five and Ash Walsh in 8th too.
 
Ignoring a 10 second penalty that somehow became a 20 second penalty and the other stuff. Big, big congrats to Coulthard and BJR, always great to see them perform well. 👍 Both HRT cars in the top five and Ash Walsh in 8th too.
Doesn't show very well on V8SC when they clearly let them serve the penalty and then changed their minds at the end of the race. Don't care what the rules say, they messed up.
 
Doesn't show very well on V8SC when they clearly let them serve the penalty and then changed their minds at the end of the race. Don't care what the rules say, they messed up.
This. V8SC was there timing the penalty, if it wasn't right in the first place, why didn't that official pull them up at the time. Pathetic. It's really beyond me.
 
We should start a pool on how many times RBRA will throw a tantrum this year when they don't get their own way. :rolleyes:
 
We should start a pool on how many times RBRA will throw a tantrum this year when they don't get their own way. :rolleyes:
We could turn it into a meme:

BEATS WHINCUP TO THE FIRST CORNER.

PENALTY FOR JUMPING THE START.

Or maybe:

BEATS WHINCUP TO POLE.

TIME ERASED.

Or even:

PASSES WHINCUP.

DRIVE-THROUGH PENALTY.

Or:

WINS RACE, WHINCUP SECOND.

DISQUALIFIED.

Okay, I'll stop.
 
Ignoring a 10 second penalty that somehow became a 20 second penalty and the other stuff. Big, big congrats to Coulthard and BJR, always great to see them perform well. 👍 Both HRT cars in the top five and Ash Walsh in 8th too.

Who got the penalty and what race?
 
I wasn't able to watch either race today but I heard about the penalty fiasco with Scotty Mac - needless to say I am not amused. If I'm getting it right, Scott came in to serve his 10sec right when a SC was called, officials timed his stop (which you'd expect if they were permitting taking it at that time), rockets his way back to the front, Roland has a whinge and Scott gets another penalty?

No wonder fans of anyone that isn't RBRA hate Roland Dane...
 
Is it just me, or is Greg Rust actually a half-decent V8 commentator? Yes, I know he likes to wax lyrical, but he's nowhere near as bad as Matthew White. I suppose he's so insufferable when calling Grands Prix because he assumes that the audience is only interested in the Australian drivers, which isn't really a problem that he faces here.

Overall, I thought today's commentary was much more focused than it has been in years. There was none of the silliness that we used to get on Channel 7 or the distractions that saw the commentators forget the race, which I think were mostly Mark Skaife's doing, but which I also feel came from the decision to have two commentators - rather than three or four - in the box. When 7 held the rights, I was always left with the bitter aftertaste of a vanity project; the racing sometimes took a back seat to the personalities presenting it, which is really 7's (and 9's) approach to everything. I remember their coverage of the Lindt cafe siege and feeling that it was presented in such a way that the relationship between the viewer and the presenter was more important to the presenter than the story itself. It wasn't enough that you were informed of events; you had to be informed of events by Channel 7. It's an attitude that infected everything they did, and it rubbed off onto V8 Supercars. So it was nice to see 10 present the races in such a way that the racing came first and foremost.
 
I felt overwhelmed by how much racing I was watching- which is good. No ads until the race is over. The switch back and forth between commentary. I still prefer Aaron Noonan's play by play commentary, but I was satisfied with Foxtel. Greg Rust is still kept to a minimum as in f1 because, we get the race called via Sky commentary. Skaife doesn't have any new tricks and I bet Ingall is glad he doesn't have to sit next to him all day.

Greg Murphy needs to add a bit more "thank yous" before walking away from people he interviews. Other than that, he's not bad.
 
The feature about the Kelly brothers toy garage is cool. This is what 7 just would not do. Had they done features like these, it gets viewers to see the driver's lives. Good stuff.

Putting a Nissan V8 Supercar engine in a speed boat is nice. :)
 
We should start a pool on how many times RBRA will throw a tantrum this year when they don't get their own way. :rolleyes:

Don't know about you but personally, I can't count that high. :dopey:
 
which team would look good with Gulf livery? I'm asking because of the nostalgic graphics of the Fox broadcast.
 
which team would look good with Gulf livery? I'm asking because of the nostalgic graphics of the Fox broadcast.
None, the Gulf livery is overdone to hell.

Edit: Ambrose found a bit of pace!
 
which team would look good with Gulf livery? I'm asking because of the nostalgic graphics of the Fox broadcast.
Erebus, because Ash Walsh needs a sponsor.
 
1 second from 1st to 22nd this is close.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back