Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,482 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annnd SVG beats his time. Still great result for Nissan. Lets see what he can do in the shootout now.
 
Happy for Ambrose getting a shootout this early, Whincup be worried!!

Moffat for Pole though!
 
Good stuff all around. Man I love this racing series. Just not going to be the same when they change regs for '17.

You know, yesterday I did a 180. I feel the same. These cars are the best.
 
You know, yesterday I did a 180. I feel the same. These cars are the best.
That's what makes V8's so good is that they are unique, there's really nothing else out there that is similar (well known at least).
 
Yeah the world doesn't need another GT series, only real issue is some cars(Namely Altima) just look beyond stupid.
 
Happy for Ambrose getting a shootout this early,

Only Ford inside the top ten too. Did not see this happening so early. :crazy:
 
Yeah the world doesn't need another GT series, only real issue is some cars(Namely Altima) just look beyond stupid.
Well the street car is getting a makeover shortly, at least in the US. Not sure if it'll carry over to AUS or even to the race car before the '17 regs go into effect.
 
Well the street car is getting a makeover shortly, at least in the US. Not sure if it'll carry over to AUS or even to the race car before the '17 regs go into effect.
If they can Make a Nismo version and then they use that as a Base it would probably fix the problem.

All the other cars are based on the Performance versions of each car.
 
Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen. The Maxima might get a Nismo version, but not for a couple years. Even then I think they stopped selling it down there no?
 
Which is why Cox wants the rules in stone. Not changing them 2 weeks before the season starts. Do they throw away the v8 Altima or drop the TT in a GT-R?
 
I feel bad for Marcos and Roger Penske, TV won't leave them alone.
 
I think I have solved Nissan's sponsor problem - hair gel. Rick Kelly is clearly wearing a gallon of it.
 
Lol at Fox Coverage when Whincup beat Scottys time sounded like they where massively dissappointed lol.
 
I didn't like Ambrose before he left but it's good to see him making progress and it's good to see a shell sponsored number 17 car on the way up. He seems to have a good attitude. Sure did come close to binning it in the cool down lap though!
 
Gah really thought Moffat had that.
 
It was like Cheeseburger didn't lift. That was quick through 8.

Good job by Courtney. Just make sure the pit stop is good and I think he's got this one.
 
Coulthard and Tander under investigation for kerb-hopping.
 
I hope people like Dane don't bring F1 Style politics into The V8s because it very much seems like it.
 
You think the man would forget the Circuit he dominated at so well back in his championship days?

Well no, fair point. But even with those races yesterday and his previous record at Adelaide, just thought it would have taken him a little longer to get really adjusted to the car. Certainly was not expecting him to make the shootout at all. More than happy to have been proved wrong. 👍
Good job by Courtney. Just make sure the pit stop is good and I think he's got this one.

Long, long way to go. Actually all four Walkinshaw cars have looked pretty good so far, good signs for the year if they can qualify more consistently like they have this weekend.
 
Last edited:
I liked Courtney at DJR. I disliked him when he jumped ship. I even felt it is karma with the bad luck he has. But he's a good personality(I don't get how they class him as pretty boy) for the sport.

So Ambrose starts 9th.
 
I'm watching the TCM race, and I've notice a Shannons gantry at the top of Wakefield Street that I haven't seen before. A gantry that disappears in the reverse angle looking back to Turn 4.

Now, I know Formula 1 took some criticism for digitally editing advertising into broadcasts - they appeared to be projections, given that they were visible from several angles - but this is something new. The Shannons billboard above Turn 4 and the gantry over the circuit are completely digital. And they're not even good renders.
 
which team would look good with Gulf livery? I'm asking because of the nostalgic graphics of the Fox broadcast.

And they show the track layout using those two E63 video game style cars in Gulf colors.
 
And they show the track layout using those two E63 video game style cars in Gulf colors.
Do they? I haven't seen that. Or is that Foxtel's coverage?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back