Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,687 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
it really suited the FG X, unlike the FG.

Yeah agreed. Wasn't big on the previous livery at all when the season started but when they upgraded to the FG-X. Jeez, it look great. Same can be said for Reynolds Bottle-O livery too, even though I'm not really a fan of it but it definitely suits the FG-X more.
 
http://m.speedcafe.com/2015/04/29/changing-of-the-guard-as-enduro-cup-grid-fills/

Interesting words.
Baird says that losing his place at Erebus, which he had held since the team’s previous Stone Brothers Racing guise, was a matter of economics.

“They said they didn’t have a budget to pay a driver and as much as I like driving that’s what I do for a living, so it wasn’t something that I was thinking about doing for nothing,” he told Speedcafe.com.

The 44-year-old New Zealander says that the position he and Johnson have found themselves in is a reflection of the current overall state of the category.

“If you look through V8 Supercars you only need to look through how many (primary drivers) are bringing money to be on the grid and the enduro drives are now getting similar,” he said.

“There are a lot of guys out there either willing to do it for nothing or willing to bring sponsorship to the team.

“Someone like Stevie J is as good as anyone when it comes to co-drivers but he’s another left sitting on the sidelines.

“I don’t think the requirements have changed, but the circumstances have,” he added.

“If I was a main driver, I’d want a guy that would come in, know the circuits, be fast with minimal laps and know how to stay out of trouble.

“Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of young guys there that can do a good job, but with the tyre restrictions and limited (testing) miles, it’s tough for them.”

If Todd Kelly doesn't have a co-driver, I'd snatch up Baird. The drive will most likely go to a GT Academy driver though. If history repeats.
 
Super black livery looks like it was built on iracing editor

Im trying to figure out where it came from :lol: Whether its from a game or simply just a model
 
I'd snatch up Baird.

Little surprising that Baird hasn't got a ride. LDM should pair him with Blanchard, think having someone with's Craig's experience would be a great asset for them.
 
My only minor complaint is that the bonnet and sides look a little bare. Apart from that though, I like it a lot. Great looking livery.
 
If they got rid of the circle around the logo, moved the logo back and made it bigger, then threw the number on the door (where it belongs) then it would look brilliant,

Finally though we are starting to see the Penske influence come through with the scheme, its not far of their Xfinity series discount tire colour codes, yet looks 10 times better, I love it!

EDIT: Am I the only one that sees 2 spare cars in the background, 1 with a livery u don't believe we have seen yet and another half way through the build?
 
They should have at least two spares. They ran 3 cars at Homebush last year and I recall they had a new chassis for Ambrose at the start of the year as well.
 
They should have at least two spares. They ran 3 cars at Homebush last year and I recall they had a new chassis for Ambrose at the start of the year as well.

They should only really have 2 current FG-X chassis, the one they build at the start of the season and the one they bought from PRA, the rest are all older FG models,
 
That's the MTU car on the hoist. I'm not too convinced of the Team livery. The trailers are refrigerator white with the oval. The black looks fine. The red need to be thicker or more pronounced. Different looking.
 
Walkinshaw performance sponsorship for Holdsworth for the remainder of the year.

Walkinshaw-Holdsworth-V8-Supercars.jpg


Glad that they've kept the blue/silver colour scheme.
 
Last edited:
Taking a Que from NISMO. If ya can't get sponsors, sponsor yourself. I'd love to see a car I bought, have the factory skunks works emblazoned on the side of the race car. Like seeing Mugen on a GT300/500 car. FPR had FPV on their cars and Cobra stripes. HSV do it too.

Holdsworths car looks better than that green and black Walkinshaw livery on their drive day cars.
 
My review on the entire Supercars Life series so far (WARNING: Spoilers of tonights episode are within);

'Supercars Life' has definitely become my favourite show on TV. Tonight's episode was some of the best TV viewing I've had in quite some time. It's a lot better than 'Inside Supercars' which is also good in it's own right. The segment at Round One of the Australian CIK Karting Championship was really a great promotion for karting and being able to watch Courtney and Mclaughlin watch their respective driver's race was something special. They both got really into it, especially Courtney who was a bit emotional at the end when Liam Mcellean won his final.

Then, there's the segments that showcase the drivers in their downtime. Again, tonight's segment was fantastic. Mclaughlin, Moffat, Caruso and Perkins (Jack, not Larry :lol: ) playing golf was a great laugh-fest. If they were on a professional tour, I'd actually watch golf, that's just how entertaining they are.

Then, another example would be Walsh and Pye with their Mountain Biking segment. Watching them widdle their way through trees and negotiating their way down a skinny path was quite interesting to see how they train. And for Pye, that meant taking a massive stack over the handlebars.

So far, 'Supercars Life' is a solid 9.5/10 from me.
 
Erm... David Wall at the top in practice???
 
Erm... David Wall at the top in practice???
Yup...

I do believe that it is now snowing in hell.


AND Pye puts it deep into a gravel trap and red flags practice 2.
 
Don't read too much into the Friday times, as the pecking order is usually determined by the tyre programs people are running.

But having said that, Wall is now in the car that McLaughlin had an excellent 2014 with, so who knows what could happen...
 
This screams "We couldn't find a sponsor before race weekend so Nissan let us put the name of their truck on the side to make it look like we're not struggling to find sponsorship".
I'm fairly certain that that's what "Navara" means in Mongolia.
 

I welcome it. "Reaching" or not, keeps people thinking about what will be next. Sure, someone's favorite "M&M's" livery is not on their favorite driver's car. People will talk positively or negatively. Any reaction means it's been noticed.

It's working for the DVS. I'm more interested in seeing the new talent than I've been in a long time. The coverage is excellent and their liveries look good too. The cars appear more "grown up".
 
The #4 E63 looks good. I'd like to see more of the Repsol colors over the car.
 
Qualifying will be interesting. 1 min to go.

1/2 for PRA.

I don't see why the track doesn't get cleaned. R.Kelly saying the drift cars leaving crap all over the track, though he says it's good to mix things up, is bad.

The FG Xs look like the best cars in the field. Good racing at the moment. Plus, the Super Black car is getting lots of tv time.
 
Last edited:
Man that race couldn't finish quick enough, Courtney was really struggling with the car. At least he was able to salvage a top ten result though. :crazy:
Plus, the Super Black car is getting lots of tv time.

That livery looks fantastic in action too.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back