Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,687 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... after 78 laps we finally have a race on our hands.

Don't let the whinger win. (Davison)

BIG CONTACT
 
Well there are two second hand looking falcons in the sand trap, and no safety car!?!?!
 
No Safety Car!? That's 🤬

The one day CAMS don't want to be Safety Nazis...
 
Nice! Just as they did at Winton!
 
Tainted victory.

Should have been a Safety Car.

Davison got lucky.
 
Lowndes is lucky Coulthard couldn't catch him.
 
I don't really care what went on, I'm just happy that the #1 car had a horrible weekend.
 
I don't really care what went on, I'm just happy that the #1 car had a horrible weekend.
Me too. That's probably the best thing that's happened this year.
 
Well this is awkward because I like Erebus but can't stand Davison (or "Weeping Willo" as someone on twitter called him yesterday :lol:) Anyway solid result for HRT and awesome top ten for Percat. 👍
Should have been a Safety Car.

It would have finished under safety car, no? I'm glad that they let them race to the end.
 
Double top 10 I think for Moffat & Caruso.

This was my desktop for the last couple hours. :p

desktop.png
 
It would have finished under safety car, no? I'm glad that they let them race to the end.
I think 4 laps would have been enough to pull them behind a barrier somewhere to eliminate the danger.

The only other good things that happened aside from Whincup being way off, was HRT's consistency and Lowndes now back on top in the championship.
 
Tainted victory.

Should have been a Safety Car.

Davison got lucky.
How so?
Davo was in front before the incident and neither of the 3 cars behind (Lowndes, Coulthard and Chaz) had the tires or pace to take the fight if the race resumed.

--------------------------------

Awesome result! So happy to see Erebus back on the top step!
Hopefully we see more of it :D
 
I think 4 laps would have been enough to pull them behind a barrier somewhere to eliminate the danger.

Fair point and they might have been able to get one or two laps in but even if they called it, no way was Lowndes going to get past Davison, his tyres were shot. If anything Lowndes probably would have been dealt with pretty easily by Coulthard in third.

And what the hell happened to SVG at the end? Didn't he have a set of fresh soft's on? He went nowhere after the re-start.
 
Man, what a race! Disappointed Lowndes didnt get his 100th win which was surprising considering he had the best tyres. Well done to Davo and Erebus, I think they really needed that result after the badluck theyve been having. Now its Volvos turn, they have had a horrid run so far

Good to see 2 Falcons playing in the sand pit while PRA went backwards :sly::D:lol:
 
Didn't watch because ch10 suck gonad, but glad for Erebus. Volvo don't look to clever, wonder what is going on there.
 
How so?
Davo was in front before the incident and neither of the 3 cars behind (Lowndes, Coulthard and Chaz) had the tires or pace to take the fight if the race resumed.
Consistency. That's something the people in V8SC Race Control have struggled with. Usually Race Control would call a Safety Car in that situation. It would have given Coulthard a chance, and Lowndes, even though his tyres were shot, a very slight chance.
 
Consistency. That's something the people in V8SC Race Control have struggled with. Usually Race Control would call a Safety Car in that situation. It would have given Coulthard a chance, and Lowndes, even though his tyres were shot, a very slight chance.

They have been consistent, theyve done this before
 
They have been consistent, theyve done this before
They may have done it before, but I've seen (I can't recall one off the top of my head) many times where the Safety Car has been deployed in a situation like that.

Look, I like that they let them race, but if they want to remain consistent, they should have deployed a Safety Car. The commentators were briefly shocked when a Safety Car wasn't deployed, so I think that says a lot, to be honest.
 
The highlights are on channel One if anyone's interested. Definitely not a fan of this free/paytv split. Just can't afford Foxtel right now.
 
They may have done it before, but I've seen (I can't recall one off the top of my head) many times where the Safety Car has been deployed in a situation like that.

Look, I like that they let them race, but if they want to remain consistent, they should have deployed a Safety Car. The commentators were briefly shocked when a Safety Car wasn't deployed, so I think that says a lot, to be honest.

V8SC has been very consistent in not throwing safety cars in the closing laps, probably due to lessons learnt at Barbagallo and Hidden Valley in 2003.

Hamilton 2011 was another example of the way they're quite prepared to let the race continue to the end. I applaud the decision, on the proviso that the drivers involved in the incident are ok. Yellow flags should be all that's needed.

And of course, it's not like there was never a crash prior to 1997...
 
Back in 2012 after the new infield pits were built at Barbagallo the drivers kicked up a stink about the pit entry being after Turn 7 saying it was too dangerous and so it was changed to use the entry on the inside of the downhill straight before the corner.

I haven't taken notice to be honest but I see that the pit entry is after Turn 7 this year, does anyone know why they use that pit entry and not the one on the straight?
 
Back in 2012 after the new infield pits were built at Barbagallo the drivers kicked up a stink about the pit entry being after Turn 7 saying it was too dangerous and so it was changed to use the entry on the inside of the downhill straight before the corner.

I haven't taken notice to be honest but I see that the pit entry is after Turn 7 this year, does anyone know why they use that pit entry and not the one on the straight?

I cant even remember, I thought they had used the same entry the whole time?
 
while PRA went backwards :sly::D:lol:

They completely screwed themselves with their strategy in that one. Even if there wasn't a safety car, their lead was never going to last, you could see how much Frosty was struggling with the recycled soft tyres.
 
Last edited:
Seriously dropped the ball. Why try something different when the car was the best all weekend? Oh well...
 
I dunno, had it stayed green I think Chaz wouldve at least won. He had good speed still but Frosty just plummeted
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back