Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Reynolds takes Race 3 at Darwin! First win for him since Gold Coast 2013.

And he nearly takes Whingecup out in his celebration.

Last edited:
Well aside from Reynolds's off (which wasn't half as dramatic as Rust & co tried to make it out to be) and Triple 8's tyre delamination problems. Pretty uneventful race all up.

Congrats to Reynolds and great top ten result for Percat. 👍

Good for Percat to back up his form. Sad to see Pye tumble down after too much wheelspin. The Nissans were quick, they just needed better qualifying. That 3rd-5th yesterday was awesome. Here's hoping we continue to get good racing like yesterday. Even more so, drivers being vocal about stuff-ups. Everyone in the field truly have a chance to be on the podium this season.

Everyone in the field truly have a chance to be on the podium this season.

Think this is the most open it's been in years. Having said that, I'd be very surprised if Frosty and Mostert don't finish 1-2 in the championship.

That'd be great, I love watching the races but I'm always passing up more important things to watch them during the afternoon. :lol:

I wouldn't mind if the future Tailem Bend round featured a Saturday night race if it's held closer to the end if the season when it won't get quite as cold.

After watching old footage of night races at Calder Park, I think that at least two night races are needed in the championship, one should be in winter, the other probably towards the end, at somewhere like Eastern Creek or, as the above post suggests, Tailem Bend.

Not sure why Reynolds off is such a big deal. He got back in line where he was, and if anything lost time. Stewards ruling was the way it should be, tv just needs to drop it.

It's because he has gone off the road and not been penalised in any way for it. Similar thing happened to Fabian but he didn't take the short cut and that ended up costing him the lead of the race. It happens all the time and I don't think Reynolds should have been penalised but it's still unfair when you consider that Fabian probably would have won the race if he had done the same thing.

It's because he has gone off the road and not been penalised in any way for it. Similar thing happened to Fabian but he didn't take the short cut and that ended up costing him the lead of the race. It happens all the time and I don't think Reynolds should have been penalised but it's still unfair when you consider that Fabian probably would have won the race if he had done the same thing.
That's his fault for not doing it.

I'm pretty sure almost every racing series in the world would have treated it the same way. If a driver goes off course whereby they shortcut a corner or two, if they re-join the circuit in the same position and do not gain an advantage, no harm done.

I really feel like this could be Mosterts year. He has been so fast and consistent (so far at least). Its been interesting so far and I love the variety. Feels like 10 years ago again

That's his fault for not doing it.

The last thing we want is to encourage drivers to take shortcuts. It was a different situation anyway but it's still an ugly situation because Reynolds was just purely lucky that the track layout allows for him to take the shortcut and not lose much time. Any other corner and he would be in the fence or at least he would have lost spots like Fabian did.

Reynolds was just purely lucky that the track layout allows for him to take the shortcut and not lose much time. Any other corner and he would be in the fence or at least he would have lost spots like Fabian did.
He did lose time and a fair bit of it. And had he not defended well after rejoining, he would if lost one, maybe two, spots. Reynolds could not have made the turn to take the normal route due to the speed he was going. Unless you wanted to see him go wide into a barrier then the only option was to straightline it. He re-addressed it by waiting until Caruso passed and then went on his way. No harm done. It should not be a problem.

It was enough punishment for one, he almost hit Caruso. Two, Reynolds was lucky not to get a puncture or incure damage from the offroad excursion. Three, he lost time. I'll give Reynolds credit. Last year, he would have lost xomposure and pace but, that was a product of the car. The FG X is doing everything right this season. When the car is good, I'm sure confidence levels are up. He held on against two fast drivers. Good stuff.

And Lowndes was 15th? Frosty now has a 95 point lead in the championship.

Frosty had around a 300 point lead by this round the last 3 seasons, 95 points will see him outside the top 10 come Bathurst,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back