Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,827 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coulthard has passed Mostert. McLaughlin likely to follow.

Reynolds has Winterbottom in his sight. McLaughlin got by Mostert, and Pye has passed Courtney.
 
Coulthard has passed Mostert.

Doubt there are enough laps for Coulthard to catch the front two. But if Frosty and Reynolds start fighting amongst themselves, who knows?
 
6 laps is an eternity right now.
 
Doubt there are enough laps for Coulthard to catch the front two. But if Frosty and Reynolds start fighting amongst themselves, who knows?
4 seconds the gap... 5 laps left... it'll be close.

Don't think Reynolds will get past Winterbottom here...
 
Im happy with Pye getting his 5th place back.
 
Awesome drive from Coulthard to get on the podium. Great strategy call by the BJR crew to give him that chance.
 
Reynolds should've shoved it up the inside at Turn 11 and the final turn.

Is it just me or is the third place podium higher than the second place podium?
 
Last edited:
Exciting finish there, bummed that Reynolds didn't throw his car down the inside of Winterbottom there but a nice drive nonetheless. Nice job by Coulthard and the BJR guys too, just a few more laps and that battle for the top step of the podium would've got really hot.

I was a bit worried by Whincup's pace early on but it looks like they were running light on fuel during that first stint, thankfully. It's been a while now since he's been dominant but I think I'll still need a little more time before his next win.

And on a side-note, my girlfriend just pointed out that the Australian race driver's version of using "for sure" during an interview is "yeah, look". :lol:
 
With 20 laps to go I was struggling to stay awake (been a long day at work and it's almost 1am) but thanks to those last few laps I have some adrenaline to cool off before I can sleep. :p

Edit: Whincup drops to 9th in points, 352 down. I would love to think his championship hopes are over...
 
I was screaming because I thought Pye got the Volvo on the last corner. :D Awesome drive by Coulthard. I was waiting for Reynolds to throw it down the inside as well. Awesome finish.
 
Heheh, Jessica Gates mothering Mark Skaife and Russell Ingall at the end of the telecast.
 
"Four Seat Road Car" So Coupes allowed, but they have to be a 2+2.

Basically everything is the same except the body configuration and engine. My opinion on engines:
  • Ford: Same TT V6 found in the new LM GT & DP car or stay V8. (if they stick around)
  • Holden: I would bet they stay V8.
  • Volvo: I'd love to see them develop a nice inline 5-cylinder to stay true to the brand.
  • Nissan: 3.0L TT V6, similar to the one used in the LMP1 car? Or keep the V8 since they put tons of $$ into it.
  • Merc: No idea to be honest. (if Betty doesn't change to something else)
As far as bodies.....who knows.
Well, guess I was wrong here.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/07/11/single-supplier-earmarked-for-gen2-holden-v6-turbos/
 
Holy snaps. Qualifying is so topsy-turvy.
 
Wow. No HRT or RBRA in the Top 10 Shootout. However, all manufacturers are represented in the Top 10. :)
 
Wow. No HRT or RBRA in the Top 10 Shootout. However, all manufacturers are represented in the Top 10. :)

As long as other manufacturers are seeing this. That's the best part.
 
Yeah, interesting one. It was clear that most were saving tyres based on those sector times.
 
All four Kiwis in the shootout! Great job by Heimgartner 👍
 
With the exception of Blanchard, thw field is covered by .8seconds.
.5 puts a driver in the bottom 11. Well see another good race in a few hours.
 
Davison with a 14.4. Dont think thats good enouugh with yesterday's times sub 12.

Good job by Heimgartner.

Holdsworth seems tame.

The Altima sounds nice. Real aggressive.

Cheeseburger did good but, I have a feeling McLaughlin is going be where he was in earlier qualifying.

Awesome job by The Future. I hope Volvo stay in the game. Just a great sound hearing it around the circuit. Plus that car looks so smooth.

WOW! This going to be an awesome race.
 
Last edited:
Scotty Mac and Volvo are baaaaaaaaaaaaack! :D
 
Awesome job by Scotty there. The PRA cars are scattered throughout the Top 10. This race is going to be awesome.
 
Great to see McLaughlin finally back on pole! Such a smooth lap there, well done.
 
Another reason why V8's are best in the world IMO, they (as far as I know) are the only ones to do a Top 10 shootout and it's always epic stuff.
 
Another reason why V8's are best in the world IMO, they (as far as I know) are the only ones to do a Top 10 shootout and it's always epic stuff.
I reckon Formula 1 should get 24 cars, then divide qualifying into three segments, eliminating eight cars each time. And then Q3 should be a shoot-out between the top eight.
 
I reckon Formula 1 should get 24 cars, then divide qualifying into three segments, eliminating eight cars each time. And then Q3 should be a shoot-out between the top eight.
Anything to spice up that series right now could help it a lot.
 
Me thinks theyll have to reset that DVS race. Geez.
 
Me thinks theyll have to reset that DVS race. Geez.
Nah, only a few cars are out. But Waters, seriously, how much do you want to move over!? Jeez. Stuff like that and his attitude out of the car, make me dislike him.
 
Scotty Mac and Volvo are baaaaaaaaaaaaack! :D

So, so happy for the guy after the terrible year GRM have had so far. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back