• Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to be in the top 10.

For sure. But it's a disappointment compared to where they were last year at Phillip Island. Remember Tander would have won the Sunday race if he didn't run out of fuel just before the finish.

That was a hail marry pass, no way he was going to make that on his own. If Frosty held his ground he would have been taken out.

That's ok. As long as he stays out of trouble for the last races, he's got this.

For sure. But it's a disappointment compared to where they were last year at Phillip Island. Remember Tander would have won the Sunday race if he didn't run out of fuel just before the finish.

True.

Can't believe I'm cheering Whincup.

Just stick it in there. Nothing to lose Whincup.

He caught him but,.....

Fudge it. I'm gonna type it:
Mostert would be 2015 Champion. Frosty just doesn't have it. Even if he can pull it off at Sydney, Frosty just doesn't have it to be tough when it counts.

True.

He caught him but,.....
Winterbottom moved it way over, and Whincup was already committed to the move. Add that in with the descent over the hill, there was no way he was stopping it. But the Ford fans will cry foul, as they always do.

The main problem is that I don't see him making the corner, he dived in REALLY hard. If he could have made it then I don't see any problem with it

Last edited:
Winterbottom moved it way over, and Whincup was already committed to the move. Add that in with the descent over the hill, there was no way he was stopping it. But the Ford fans will cry foul, as they always do.

Frosty just admitted he didn't have a problem with the move. That's on him. Could cost him. 300points to go. We'll see.

Todd telling Rick the move on the outside wouldn't work. Listen to your big brother. Good for the team 3 in the top 10.

He's just really lucky he got it slowed down enough that he didn't take him out. Like I said, hail marry dive with the greatest chances of both cars being damaged and thankfully came out ok.

But I'm calling it now, baring a catastrophic event, Frosty has this thing locked up.

And I would have liked to have seen evidence of Caruso's wheel spin.

Then stop watching it. Nothing wrong there (with that move).

Even Whingerbottom thinks it was a fair move.

You know how stupid it is to call someone that right? You know how many times Whincup has complained? How many times Van Gisburgen has complained? Same with the Kelly brothers, James Courtney, Garth Tander. Nick Percat, Roland Dane, Tim Edwards, Adrian Burgess even generally positive people like Reynolds and McLaughlin have complained about incidents occurring

Adding Whinge to someone's name just makes you sound like one of the many biased bogans posting ******** on social media

Frosty just admitted he didn't have a problem with the move. That's on him. Could cost him. 300points to go. We'll see.
It still won't stop the Ford fans crying foul. They can call the series a joke all they want and claim conspiracy, but let's not forget who dominated the first half of the season.

I think it's embarrassing to see people like Tim Edwards acting like petulant children claiming there's a conspiracy theory going on. A minority of Ford fans aren't much better either...

He's just really lucky he got it slowed down enough that he didn't take him out. Like I said, hail marry dive with the greatest chances of both cars being damaged and thankfully came out ok.
Very much so. Could have been shades of Davison and Whincup from a few years back.

But I'm calling it now, baring a catastrophic event, Frosty has this thing locked up.
For sure. I think he's realized if he keeps falling into the whole "world is against me", he'll drop the title, so today has been an improvement as he would have usually whinged about the Whincup move.

You know how stupid it is to call someone that right? You know how many times Whincup has complained? How many times Van Gisburgen has complained? Same with the Kelly brothers, James Courtney, Roland Dane, Tim Edwards, Adrian Burgess even generally positive people like Reynolds and McLaughlin have complained l.

Adding Whinge to someone's name just makes you sound like one of the many biased bogans posting ******** on social media
You really mustn't be in touch with Australian culture. We all take potshots at athletes, whether that be by namecalling or whatever. Multiple people in this thread have done exactly what I've done, especially with Whincup, and we all know it's in jest, and we all have a laugh.

I just think you might be having a bit of a sour grapes moment because your favourite driver was on the wrong side of a fair move. Which is fine, as we all have those moments.

It still won't stop the Ford fans crying foul.

Just to be fair, it's not only Ford fans, there's few diehard Holden guys crying foul about it too. Personally I thought that they should have readdressed it much like they did with Frosty's move on Slade at the Gold Coast event last year. Not going to lose any sleep about it though. :lol: It is what it is.

I'm not sour at all, in the moment I thought it was an extremely desperate move that could have taken out both drivers (which by all means it could have), but I don't mind seeing Whincup being aggressive as long as it doesn't involve just flat out taking drivers out.

The whole Ford fans thinking everyone is against them (while not actually being true) has at least some evidence to support it, penalties for one Ford driver not being applied to another manufacturer in an identical situation (see Winterbottom's burnout penalty on the cool down lap, while it was deserved Lowndes did the exact same thing at Bathurst and didn't even get a mention. Courtney alluding to being ready to "help" Holden secure the championship then bumping into Winterbottom in Race 1 (while it was a racing incident, the comment ignited things further), also can't forget that in 2012 Roland Dane telling who was behind the two FPR cars at the time (I can't recall what race it was) Whincup to "Get them or punt them off" which caused some controversy at the time but received no repercussions.

Last edited:
Frosty played it too safe. How did he win Bathurst? He made sure Whincup wasn't firing it down the inside.

In Pukekohe, he tried an inside move on whincup and spun while Whincup drove away to win.

Frosty can't play the safe roll. Lowndes will eat that up all day. Now "The Future" has car speed and reliability in the S60. We all know that Volvo is quick. The Nissans are coming. Pye has stepped up. HRT will be up there like the GC600. Lowndes wins the the Homebush races and Frosty is done.

They definitely spun, I saw it myself. Wouldn't have even been a full rotation but they did turn.
I did see when he popped it into gear they spun a little during the first stop, I thought this penalty was from the second stop. But he posted on facebook after the race that the car was having clutch issues and it didn't even make it back to pit lane after the race.

I didn't watch the race, but I read the results and what went on between Winterbottom and Whincup, is that why you think this series is a joke?
The "enforcement" if it can be called that of the driving standards on contact with the championship contenders is head scratching. Reynolds gets turned around at a high speed section of the track which effectively ends his championship run and SVG only gets a 25 point penalty 8 hrs after the race when anybody with half of a functioning brain knows that should have been a immediate drive-thru penalty at the very minimum.

Fast forward to Sunday and a guy who is out of the championship dive bombs the championship leader on the last lap by driving thru the grass and somehow race control is able to investigate the incident on the cool down lap and there is no penalty.

So much for the tough talk from the "top cop". http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsp...ercars-drivers-on-notice-20151120-gl46rp.html

Here is what happens when a Ford bumps a Holden on the last lap in a battle for 3rd place.

I am not a Ford fan,or Holden, or Nissan, or Volvo fan, just a racing fan. I dont root for 888 racing because they have a attitude of entitlement around them than reminds me of (in)famous people who use the "dont you know who I am " card when something doesnt go their way.

Honestly if I wanted to watch racing that has very selective driving standards and rules enforcement I would not bother streaming V8's late at night and just watch Nascar at a normal time.

Doing up some Maths and scenarios for the championship, Winterbottom essentially has the title wrapped up. Lowndes would have to win all three races, with Winterbottom finishing lower than 15th in all three for Lowndes to secure the title. Even if Winterbottom DNF'd the first two races and Lowndes won all three races, Winterbottom would only have to finish 4th in the third race to secure the title. Lowndes is a longshot for the title and will really have to lean on the help of other Holden drivers to rough Winterbotom up a bit if he wants to win it.

I'm a fan of either driver winning it. I just hope it is a fair one. Lowndes didn't like losing the 06 championship in dodgy circumstances so I would hate for him to win it that way

Bent steering at all three races or a heavy brush with a wall is all it takes.
Winterbottom is surely smart enough to realize he just needs to cruise around and not push too hard and he's got the title wrapped up. Of course it won't be all smooth sailing as if given the chance, the HRT cars will make life really hard for Winterbottom, something I'd like to see.

It's tight all over but the front straight. Anything can happen from drivers going 4-wide into turn 1. Doesn't have to be any particular team. It could be Waters getting a run on another car and outbraking himself into Frosty. Friendly fire. It's happened before :sly:

It's tight all over but the front straight. Anything can happen from drivers going 4-wide into turn 1. Doesn't have to be any particular team. It could be Waters getting a run on another car and outbraking himself into Frosty. Friendly fire. It's happened before :sly:
Considering Waters will be in the Dunlop Series, that'd be a mighty feat if that was to happen. :lol: :sly:

Nah, I know what you mean, and you do have a point, but based on how well Winterbottom has done in staying out of trouble (excluding the past two races), I think it's a rather smooth ride to the finish, and nowhere near as close as the commentators have made it out to be. But it will still make for thrilling viewing, that's for sure.

Lowndes needed to be at 150 points going into next week. Maybe Ingall (and probably dare I include Prost)took it "easy" when they got their Chip. But, no one before Frosty said they would just cruise to win a title. Doesn't feel like a Champion to me. He raced hard to finish 2nd for all those years. Race hard and we'll know, win or lose, he deserved this Championship.

Lowndes needed to be at 150 points going into next week. Maybe Ingall (and probably dare I include Prost)took it "easy" when they got their Chip. But, no one before Frosty said they would just cruise to win a title. Doesn't feel like a Champion to me. He raced hard to finish 2nd for all those years. Race hard and we'll know, win or lose, he deserved this Championship.
I think he should race this next race conservatively, as if he races hard and throws the championship away, he'll never live it down. Then he'll truly be the guy who couldn't win a championship. This is his best chance yet, if he throws this away (loses the championship due to his own doing), he'll never recover and retirement would seem closer than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back