Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's weird is, it's only him. The FG X is still the best car this year. Reynolds and Pye are doing it on their own. If Frosty is so dependent on a team mate to base set ups on(as he was this whole year. He had to try Mostert's set ups many times), that's his weakness. Mostert only needed to get his starts right. He did that and Frosty was intimidated.

My posts about Frosty at the start of the season, were good. I do hope Ford win both Championships with him on top. It'll be good since Courtney and the Vodafone days. But, this guy. He's got to watch the S60 and Altimas. Those 5 cars plus, Tander, Courtney, Pye and Reynolds, Coulthard and Holdsworth , could easily put him down the order.

Hey, might not happen, as Frosty is a top 3 driver. I agree, as you mentioned, this finale will be an exciting weekend of racing.

Reactions: VXR
Flashbacks of Frosty vs Whincup passes. Frosty always leaves the door open. Any other driver just shuts the door. He hasn't learned. Even after winning Bathurst.

Flashbacks of Frosty vs Whincup passes. Frosty always leaves the door open. Any other driver just shuts the door. He hasn't learned. Even after winning Bathurst.
Oh he tried, that's why Whincup was in the grass.

I feel like Frosty is not giving it his all. If Chaz wasnt injured Im sure he would be showing the true pace of the car. Frosty is also lucky that Lowndes had bad races when Frosty did, otherwise it would be even tighter.

Either way, it looks like Red Bull have their speed back and Sydney should be a good one. Frosty has enough to bring it home, I wonder if this would sway Ford back into the sport even only a little bit more

I feel like Frosty is not giving it his all
He doesn't need to. He's clearly driving conservatively, banking solid finishes without taking unnecessary risks.

If only they had the foresight to sponsor someone else. Choosing a guy who (still) sounds like he hasn't hit puberty as a spokesperson for a hard liquor label was never a wise strategy. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

He doesn't need to. He's clearly driving conservatively, banking solid finishes without taking unnecessary risks.

If only they had the foresight to sponsor someone else. Choosing a guy who (still) sounds like he hasn't hit puberty as a spokesperson for a hard liquor label was never a wise strategy. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

When they entered the sport, they were sponsoring Steve Richards and Paul Dumbrell, then Todd came along, then Rick came. When they decided to back down to one car, Rick was the best of two choices really. Hopefully GoPro or one of Ricks personal sponsors might come along to help out.

When they entered the sport, they were sponsoring Steve Richards and Paul Dumbrell, then Todd came along, then Rick came. When they decided to back down to one car, Rick was the best of two choices really. Hopefully GoPro or one of Ricks personal sponsors might come along to help out.
I'd love to see a GoPro liveried car in the field. I think it'd look great.

With Jim Beam and Bundaberg gone, why bother? Make way for lollipops and licorice sticks and Rocky Road ice creams and paddle pops.

Check 1:15 in this video and let me know if anything stands out. :P

I remember he did it earlier in the year, I think it was at Barbagallo. It received a fair bit of attention, but this one is arguably better than his Barbagallo attempt, mainly because it was in the wet, and at one of the fastest corners on the track.

And as much as I absolutely despise him, he does have quite a lot of talent.

I remember he did it earlier in the year, I think it was at Barbagallo. It received a fair bit of attention, but this one is arguably better than his Barbagallo attempt, mainly because it was in the wet, and at one of the fastest corners on the track.

And as much as I absolutely despise him, he does have quite a lot of talent.

They said in the commentary it was Symmons Plains. I love SVG, he keeps things interesting in V8SC

So Monday - Wednesday I would guess.

That makes sense. I hadn't looked at the site since last week. Just caught me a bit by surprise. Feels like it wasn't that long ago since the last update of that site.:lol:

Last edited:
Must have been today. I noticed the change after copying the link from the V8SC page. Wasn't like that yesterday.

That makes sense. I hadn't looked at the site since last week. Just caught me a bit by surprise. Feels like it wasn't that long ago since the last update of that site.:lol:
I think the last time it was updated was around the Sydney round last year, after the new logo was revealed. Having just checked the new layout, it is a massive improvement on the last iteration. Looks a lot more professional. At least on mobile, it does.

Sorry for bringing this topic back up again, as I only now just got the race footage since I only have Youtube and Channel Ten for V8 Racing.

I'm honestly fine with a 25 Point Penalty to SVG based on what I think of rulings but against it based on their rulings. They did say there would be serious punishment to those who interfere with the people in contention with the championship, this wasn't a serious punishment by far. Though, I'm fine since I don't think anybody should get special treatment or punishment just because you could win the Championship, no one would've flipped if this race and the race of Symmon Plains was swapped because then this would be the 2nd race of the championship.

Interesting comment from Reynolds - that there's a couple of Holden drivers gunning for him and Winterbottom. The insinuation is that van Gisbergen's move might have been part of a wider plan to make life difficult for the Ford drivers. We know Holden aren't above doing it; remember when Skaife and Tander were playing games with Lowndes a few years ago? I doubt van Gisbergen deliberately pushed Reynolds off, because that's not his style. He's smart enough to know how to control the car, and arrogant enough to believe that he can get away with it.
Couple of flaws I see in it. I will not say that the Theory is true or not but it is quite an interesting topic.

• The fact that the only real source is that a Holden made contact with a Ford makes this look like an overreaction
  • The key word on your post is that it was "a few years ago", things do change.
  • I know Courtney said he would look out for Lowndes but this could be just a HRT thing and not Holden in general. As if things haven't changed back then, then the only drivers with this mindset would be the HRT drivers (I count HSV DT drivers as HRT).
Even if this theory was true I actually don't see the issue with Holden drivers looking out for their fellow Holden drivers, V8 isn't Driver v Driver combat, it is the Battle of the Brands. If your Brand drivers are only looking out for themselves and not being Team players than you are going to get crushed and "screwed over" by Brands that look out for each other. All DTM Manufacturers do this every race and Super GT could be doing the same (I missed the 2015 Super GT season due to too many spoilers so I don't truly know) and no one bats an eye when they do it. (Although, I do think what SVG did would be a bit overboard if this is true.)

This is because it's Frosty and fans are a bit scared when Red Bull is doing business as usual. I figured PRA had it all done by Bathurst. Even with Mostert out and Whincup down and out.

Frosty mentioning if he doesn't win this one, he'll never win a C'hip. That's not a Champion attitude. If he leaves the door open, just a crack, at Homebush at Turn1, he doesn't want the Championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back