Virgin Australia Supercars Championship - Archive

  • Thread starter Thread starter DRIFT4EVA
  • 13,819 comments
  • 784,191 views

Holden or Ford

  • Holden

    Votes: 209 36.2%
  • Ford

    Votes: 175 30.3%
  • Ford and Holden

    Votes: 64 11.1%
  • Nismo

    Votes: 74 12.8%
  • Erebus

    Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

    Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

    Votes: 43 7.4%

  • Total voters
    578
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that ... that would ... that would mean there's less space for sponsor decals!
 
Fantastic new livery for Russell Ingall:

00116592-image.jpg
I really wish that V8's would go back to running numbers on the front doors rather than those stupid yellow stickers.
Some cars still have the numbers near the A-pillar on the sides, just not as big as in recent years. And I'm guessing The Enforcer is letting us know of his choice of tool make for his usage around house and garage. ;)
 
But that ... that would ... that would mean there's less space for sponsor decals!

Apologies, how can I be so blind.:dunce:
 
James Moffat has been confirmed as Courtney's replacement at DJR.

Will Davison has been confirmed at FPR alongside Winterbottom.

Wilson Security has moved from Tim Slade to Tony d'Alberto, who is also considering a switch to Ford.

Pepsi Max will unveil their "graffiti-inspired" livery next week.

Triple Eight is considering an all-back raw carbon livery for 2011.
 
Raw carbon...on a car made mostly from fibreglass...right.
 
If they go ahead with it, it's not actually going to be raw carbon, but decals designed to make it look that way.
 
That would be one heckuva large decal...

And it might get spectators and press to ask if that's a testing car when they see it.
 
It would probaby be Vodafone logos over a carbon design. And it would naturally be placed on the car in segments.

Of course, they're only considering it at the moment. There's a chance they will decide against it. Based on this image, they're not going to use it.

And this is said to be a part of the Pepsi Max livery:

3020zud.png


No idea who they'll be sponsoring, but it will probably be Greg Murphy.
 
HRT's new livery:

sponsors_full.jpg


I would look better on a Ford and without Courtney's name on it.
 
New Bundaberg livery:

TheCar_full.jpg


BundabergRacingcar.jpg


Coulthard has also changed his racing number from 24 to 61. Cameron McConville has a similar livery to it (and the same number) in the V8 Utes. Personally, I'm not a fan. It's better than last year's, but it's still way too cluttered. It's not as good as the SCAR or HRT liveries.

Interim livery for Tony D'Alberto:

Tony-D.jpg


He'll run it at the opening round at Yas Marina and then have a new one for the Clipsall 500 to go with his swap to Ford.

And Warren Luff's new Gulf Western Oils design:

new-luff-344x205.jpg


Pretty much the same as in 2010, but with black in the place of white. Black is very popular on Holdens.
 
Last edited:
A few pictures from the pre-season test at Eastern Creek Raceway, Sydney. (standard camera, unprofessional photographer :P)

165501_1590712973328_1400971720_31395835_7096296_n.jpg


180444_1590713413339_1400971720_31395836_506479_n.jpg


179260_1590713613344_1400971720_31395837_1502103_n.jpg


168190_1590714133357_1400971720_31395839_1096629_n.jpg


168479_1590714853375_1400971720_31395840_3349610_n.jpg


180262_1590715293386_1400971720_31395841_7376567_n.jpg


168598_1590716893426_1400971720_31395843_4875113_n.jpg


179224_1590718333462_1400971720_31395846_3698188_n.jpg


180361_1590724533617_1400971720_31395848_8377818_n.jpg


164774_1590724973628_1400971720_31395849_581620_n.jpg


167076_1590725333637_1400971720_31395850_7733622_n.jpg


164577_1590726773673_1400971720_31395852_215753_n.jpg


180484_1590729653745_1400971720_31395854_4538751_n.jpg


180060_1590730093756_1400971720_31395855_5343218_n.jpg


168048_1590731053780_1400971720_31395859_7727169_n.jpg


179242_1590734213859_1400971720_31395864_2467574_n.jpg


180473_1590735293886_1400971720_31395866_7586335_n.jpg
 
Video from the final turns of the circuit. There will be more uploaded tomorrow, i'll leave PC on overnight to upload the rest with my slow 10kb/s upload speed. :D



EDIT: MORE VIDEOS!









 
Last edited:
Found a whole heap of photos on another forum:

SAM_1092.jpg


SAM_1107.jpg


SAM_1173.jpg


SAM_1143.jpg


SAM_1156.jpg


SAM_1178.jpg


SAM_1199.jpg


SAM_1225.jpg


SAM_1242.jpg


SAM_1216.jpg


SAM_1251.jpg


SAM_1275.jpg


SAM_1279.jpg


SAM_1293.jpg


SAM_1298.jpg


SAM_1307.jpg


SAM_1316.jpg


SAM_1302.jpg


SAM_1309.jpg


I could really go for a desktop of Ingall, Slade and Murphy. And maybe Courtney (or maybe Luff - I'm still sore about Courtney). Easily the four best liveries this year.
 

Easily the best looking car this year.:drool:

I really not into the HRT cars this year, to me they look too much like last years bundy cars.
 
Coverage starts at 12:00 am with qualifying on 7mate and the race at 1:00 am on 7. I had completely forgotten the season had started this weekend!
 
Last edited:
Me too! I switched tv on when I got home at 1:30. TV happened to be on 7 at the time and I saw V8's. Was hoping Lowndes would have had a better first race.
 
That was an exciting last few laps, HRT must have secretly installed a bigger fuel tank lol. Pitty Bright couldn't hold on to that lead would have been good for the team to get a race win.

Bit of a stuff up for Craig, not like him at all, and Ingall was on a bit of a charge too, so no good for him.

Edit: Just looked up the page at the livery discussion, my pics would be Will Davison's car, Shane van Gizbergen's car or one of the HRT boys I think.
 
Last edited:
Anyone think that Jamie Whincup should of got a penalty. I think he should of but then again I am a ford fan :)

Great race in the end but I am a little dissapionted that Bright couldn't win.
 
I grew up in a Holden family back in the Brock days, obviously I always backed them but now it doesn't worry me in the slightest, I love them both, they both look incredible and have some great drivers.

I'd love to see Shane Van Gisbergens SP Tools Falcon winning some races this year, hes a bloody quick driver and he's a Kiwi, but to be honest though, I really don't mind who wins, as long as the racing is good, which is basically a given in this category.
 
Tony D'Alberto hopes the fence and gets some new warpaint for his troubles:

1299194469WSR2011FG3.jpg


In a field dominated by reds and blues, it's certainly not bad.

DJR seems to be the only team that has not unveiled their proper 2011 livery. Although it may just be the same as the one used in the Middle East, but with Jim Beam in the pleace of "The Team".

So, top ten liveries of 2011:

1) Greg Murphy
2) Russell Ingall
3) Tim Slade
4) Shane van Gisbergen
5) Team Vodafone
6) Warren Luff
7) Holden Racing Team
8) Fabian Coulthard
9) Mark Winterbottom
10) Will Davison

And the five worst ...

1) Steve Owen (pretty boring)
2) Kelly Racing (no improvement on last year)
3) David Reynolds (it's a single block colour; fairly lazy)
4) Garry Rodgers Motorsport (only minor changes to 2010)
5) Dick Johnson Racing (we get it - you won the 2010 title ... can we please move on?)

Special mention will also go to Dean Fiore, who will once again probably run with a plain white livery before plastering his car with the decals of local sponsors as he did in Townsville last year and continue to look wholly unproessional.
 
It's almost that time of year again. The Clipsal 500 is next week and I cannot wait. I'm not the biggest fan of the V8 Supercars these days but I still just can't get enough of the Clipsal 500 (or just "Clipsal" as it's commonly known as down here)! It's the greatest festival I've ever been to, the sights, the sounds, the whole atmosphere is just immense and I've gotta say, there's nothing like walking through from the western side of the city and hearing a faint buzzing of Formula Ford cars or the monstrous roar of a V8 Supercar in the background get louder and louder as you pass each block. I just love it. This year I've got, what's supposed to be, the best seats on the track (and they better be for how much the seats cost) right on the entry to the Senna Chicane and to top it off I'll be there for all four days for the first time since 2007. But what really puts the icing on the top is the fact that Monday happens to be a public holiday in SA - two day work week, but getting paid for five. :D



That's enough excitement from me tonight. :dunce:
 
I hate the fact that Monday is a Public Holiday, It makes supplying equipment just that much harder. I mean Adelaide this weekend has Womad (World music festival), Future Music (speaks for itself), Adelaide Cup (Horse Racing).
As a supplier to all of these events, we then have to run around like a headless chicken on Tuesday to get all our equipment back, Clean and re-set them, ready for delivery to the Clipsal Track on Wednesday.

But damn glad the clipsal is here, as it means the end to a lot of the festivities in Adelaide for quite some time. :)

P.S. Jackington, you are one lucky so and so :)
 
Great finish to the first race at Adelaide, Tander 1st, Whincup 2nd, Lowndes 3rd.
 
The final couple of laps battle between Tander and Whincup was fantastic!
 
Unfortunately, Steve Owen in the VIP Pet Foods Commodore, will be a non-starter in the 2nd race today following his crash yesterday.
 
Go the GIZ, Fantastic racing all weekend from the V8's. It's a pitty about the Channel 7 covereage in Adelaide on Sunday though. Bloody Football.
Kelly boys up there on Saturday, well done to them. A fantastic result for "Giz" and a huge confidence boost for Stone Brothers.
 
The thing I like most about that race was that Jamie Whincup had a horrible weekend getting very little points.

Also congratulations to the GIZ with his win. I think he deserved it 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back