Virtual GM Holden Bathurst Time Attack Concept

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 24 comments
Australia
Australia
https://www.supercars.com/news/cham...uture-looking-bathurst-concept/?sf199392385=1
Holden_Time_Attack_Concept_04.jpg

Holden_Time_Attack_Concept_09-900x600.jpg

The brand's Melbourne-based design department has produced a concept it says is theoretically capable of reaching a top speed of 480km/h and lapping Mount Panorama in 1:29.30s.
Capable of covering 0-100km/h in 1.25 seconds, the concept is powered by four 250kW Axial Flux Permanent Magnet electric motors.

That total output of 1,000kW is the equivalent of 1,340hp, with hybrid batteries that can be recharged in 90 seconds.

Carbon fibre/kevlar composite panels form a body that channels prototype styling, the package weighing 900kg.
Holden_Time_Attack_Concept_06-1066x457.jpg

It looks like Vision GT will be an everlasting theme throughout Gran Turismo series which is welcome in my opinion. It began with GT6 and there’s no end to it.

Okay gran turismo when you gonna bring this to the game!? :D
Looks like a VGT concept and F1’s future concept. Really wish GT had some Ford and Holden Brand central. Wanna see a couple of super Premium Australian cars in GT maybe one day they’ll make it happen. Oh and Supercars in GT too. :indiff:

Wait wait wait a moment ....this is al good and well the TGV concept but without the cockpit view where is the simulation .

I would not be surprised if that was a VGT thing looks like it came straight out of GT Sport

Uh,it's just a CG video guys,it's not Forza or any other sim.

So basically what we have here is a Holden VGT, but without any association with Gran Turismo or any other game franchise for that matter.

Also it's interesting they chose to put this under the Holden name, since they essentially shut up shop last year. (At least in the passenger car field)

Holden's "Vision Gran Turismo Car," for all intents and purposes. I saw a video nights ago from Holden's YouTube channel with this car. Anything south of two minutes around Mount Panorama Circuit is fast. Anything even more south of 2:00 is scary fast around a gut-wrenching track like Mount Panorama. Holden's built a monster with this thing!

Built for no game in particular, if this was Forza there would be tyre walls on the edge of each turn... The simulator used is....
Fortnite

Would like to see this in GTS. If only because that would increase the likelihood of getting a proper Holden road car (or even V8SC). C'mon PD, at least try to honour Australia's prime carmaker now that they've closed shop.

I find the underbody fan shape quite interesting as well, being perpendicular to the airflow direction instead of inline like the Red Bull/Chapparal/Brabham fan cars.

Back