Virus

Messages
120
Messages
kaneb626
does any one know about htis virus that keeps poping up when some french people join it is very weird and trying to find out if its a threat to my playstation thanks
 
If you type your messages a certain way, you can make a message pop up. There is no way to run unsigned code on an unhacked PS3, and it's pretty damn unrealistic that one could send viruses across GT5's in game messages.

So relax. It's a joke meant to scare kids.
 
If you type your messages a certain way, you can make a message pop up. There is no way to run unsigned code on an unhacked PS3, and it's pretty damn unrealistic that one could send viruses across GT5's in game messages.

So relax. It's a joke meant to scare kids.

ya but if you write something they reply under your name on psn
 
I believe that they do something like this

_________________________________________






_________________________
Virus started 80393839837983

The gaps somehow push their username off the screen
 
whoa your playstation is in danger and your PC as well, whoa by coming here you're putting all our PC's in danger!!?? RUN!!! :p



Seriously though no theres no danger.
 
whoa your playstation is in danger and your PC as well, whoa by coming here you're putting all our PC's in danger!!?? RUN!!! :p



Seriously though no theres no danger.

haha okay mate
 
i guess thats why the US and A now have freedom fries instead of french fries :P
 
They are simply using the line break in the chat window to push their messages down, so it looks like they're not the one who writes the message.
 
i guess thats why the US and A now have freedom fries instead of french fries :P

Freedom is delicious!

No, that was pretty stupid. They just changed the name at the Rayburn and Longworth cafeterias, where some congressmen eat. It's weird but the House Majority Leader uses this power over that cafeteria like he's Eric Cartman.

Their fries suck, btw. But they had this awesome buffalo chicken wrap that was the size of your head and only $7 until Nancy Pelosi came around to make everything Fair Trade and extremely expensive hippy food. They could have called that wrap Commie Chicken or Yo Mama and I'd have been OK with it, but instead they replaced it with ... :nervous:salad.:nervous:

:nervous:

:nervous:

:nervous:

:crazy:

So when I hear about those silly freedom fries, I actually have fond memories of a time when I could eat unhealthy and tasty food with stupid names.
 
i guess thats why the US and A now have freedom fries instead of french fries :P

That lasted a few days. No one here calls them freedom fries unless they're a Teabagger (Tea Parties' original name, true story).
 
i guess thats why the US and A now have freedom fries instead of french fries :P

Even though those things are from Belgium. Sorry guys, but that thing made 68 Million of us laugh pretty hard :)
 
If the text is appearing in the chat box it's probably just people using the line brake feature and trying to scare people, don't be alarmed by it.
 
I think the issue that's being described here, is very similar to a fad joke being played a few weeks ago that's posted about here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=206034

That lasted a few days. No one here calls them freedom fries unless they're a Teabagger (Tea Parties' original name, true story).

:lol: LOL 👍

I've never called french fries by that ridiculous name, & I'm in the USA.
And none of my friends or family use that term either, nor have they ever. (Not even for a few days. haha.)

Also, I find it somewhat insulting to be grouped in with some miniscule minority of Americans with some kind of prejudice against the French.
I sure don't!!
As it happens, I like racing online with French people... much more than any other non-English speaking players - because at least I know some French & can understand & communicate some with them!!!
Indeed, I've often found myself playing online games with French & French Canadian players, because of this, and it's a neat experience, and a good way to keep up on a 2nd language. Just so happens that I took French in high school and in college, as my language elective. And honestly, I've never had much opportunity to use it other than online gaming!!
 
That lasted a few days. No one here calls them freedom fries unless they're a Teabagger (Tea Parties' original name, true story).

You are amazingly poorly informed.

And no, the Tea Party Express or any other Tea Party organization never used the term 'Teabagger' to describe themselves. Though some folks did send bags of tea as a protest, it would be a lie to say the TEA party (an acronym for 'taxed enough already') was ever called 'Teabagger', which as I'm sure you know, is a vulgarity. Some have tried to claim that any use of the term 'teabag' justifies associating Tea Partiers with the term 'Teabagger'. Much as the KKK used to argue that because there was a black person on the planet using the N word, it's now ok to call black people the N word.

It's not. They don't want to be called that, and it's vulgar. You say more about yourself when you resort to such infantile logic as 'someone out there said it first, so it's OK to smear you with a vulgarity!'

Also, the term Freedom Fries was used for years, not days. I was ordering freedom fries in 2005, and the anti-French reaction happened in 2003 over the Iraqi invasion of that year. Obviously the term 'freedom fries' is quite stupid, but it lasted at an official level for years.

If you have no idea what you're talking about, why are you talking about it?

No reason to inject politics into a video game. If you have a problem with the TEA party, take it somewhere else. Using vulgarities like the N word, Teabagger, or homophobic slurs is offensive and really detracts from the discussion here.
 
Pot, kettle, methinks.
LOL

Also: Big difference between an insulting name for a political party, and an insulting name for people of a particular skin colour or sexual orientation. (Political affiliation being something not innate to a person. Just ask Pennsylvania politicians... many switch political parties all the time!! LOL)

But I agree, this thread got off on the wrong foot to begin with by the OP specifying that the issue he saw was associated specifically with French players online.

(I also wonder if anyone would be railing up fiercely comparing the terms "tree hugger" or "bleeding heart liberal" with the n-word. Somehow I have noticed that those offensive terms are perfectly acceptable to a lot of tea party people. LOL)
 
Last edited:
does any one know about htis virus that keeps poping up when some french people join it is very weird and trying to find out if its a threat to my playstation thanks
The only known cure for this is to replace your PS3 back into its box and return it to the store you bought it from.
 
The only known cure for this is to replace your PS3 back into its box and return it to the store you bought it from.

:lol: As it happens, that's also a sure fire way never again to come in last place in an online race.
Forget about quitting an online race lobby when you drop into last place, just unplug the whole console, box it up, & be done with it. :sly:
 
alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter alt+enter

SYSTEM CRASH!



*haha I think I am so cool now :D
 
I've never called french fries by that ridiculous name, & I'm in the USA.
And none of my friends or family use that term either, nor have they ever. (Not even for a few days. haha.)

Also, I find it somewhat insulting to be grouped in with some miniscule minority of Americans with some kind of prejudice against the French.
I sure don't!!
As it happens, I like racing online with French people... much more than any other non-English speaking players - because at least I know some French & can understand & communicate some with them!!!
Indeed, I've often found myself playing online games with French & French Canadian players, because of this, and it's a neat experience, and a good way to keep up on a 2nd language. Just so happens that I took French in high school and in college, as my language elective. And honestly, I've never had much opportunity to use it other than online gaming!!

I meant no disrespect, don't worry. I'm actually relieved to read something nice about my fellow countrymen playing GT5 online, as they've gotten a lot of abuse, and rightly so. As you can tell, I am french, but as I live in Germany, the flag next to my online-ID is the german one. Tried a few times to play in a room with french people, didn't take long to hear them talking trash about me over their mics. They didn't even take the time to look at my ID, which clearly starts with a french first name.
But what you're saying is actually a nice side effect of online gaming, getting another opportunity to practise your language skills. Would be the same for me with English if I didn't have to use it as much because of work and studies.

To the OP: thanks for bringing that virus thing up. I asked myself kind of the same question, but didn't know where to turn.
 
hey you folks really are cool!
Just remembered this old incident with the renaming of the fries and could not resist...
Your answers though were cool, straight and polite !
I have been to the USA a couple of times and i know that this stereotype is not the oppinion of all :)
Should have searched for the place in Washington DC but the city was so empty after 6pm (nothing going on on the streets) so i decided to move further on to New Orleans

So anyway thanks for the interesting postings and see ya on the Track !
Best,
thad
 
Back