Visible when you change ride height?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GuileVsGuile
  • 16 comments
  • 926 views
Messages
27
Is it clearly visible in the game if you drop your car all the way down to the ground or raise it all the way up? The body of the car is modeled independently of the frame, right? (i.e. layered)
 
yes, it is visible!

How 'bout trying it out and see for yourself, can't be too hard. :sly:

Regards
the Interceptor
 
the Interceptor
yes, it is visible!

How 'bout trying it out and see for yourself, can't be too hard. :sly:

Regards
the Interceptor

Thanks...I would try it but I don't have the game yet...getting it soon.
 
From memory there's a bit of a glitch.

If you crank your car all the way down, when you go over a bump rather than the tyres rubbing on the inside of the guard they actually pop out the top! I think you need to go quite low though, like racecar < 60mm low.

Can't see it from 'bumper cam', but looks a bit naff on the replays. :rolleyes:
 
I made the mistake of lowering the car down and not hitting the 'OK' button. That aborted the changes made to the car. I realized the problem as the car didn't look any lower. You can also see the car bob up and down as it changes gears/accelerates, pretty cool eh?
 
ive raised my ram the most possible and then the lowest and its visible difference
 
Cracker Jack
I made the mistake of lowering the car down and not hitting the 'OK' button. That aborted the changes made to the car. I realized the problem as the car didn't look any lower. You can also see the car bob up and down as it changes gears/accelerates, pretty cool eh?

very cool
 
Its kind of funny to take a race car, in my case the Eskudo, and lower it as much as possible, then give it as much camber as you can. Then go race and watch the replay, it makes it look like the cars suspension has completely busted and its almost sitting on the ground. :lol:
 
SRV2LOW4ME
Its kind of funny to take a race car, in my case the Eskudo, and lower it as much as possible, then give it as much camber as you can. Then go race and watch the replay, it makes it look like the cars suspension has completely busted and its almost sitting on the ground. :lol:
A must try! untill i get the Escudo :indiff:
 
one easy way to do is to put either the front side to tallest, and the rear to lowest. Then the car will look like it's doing a wheelie 👍
 
KiwiBoy
one easy way to do is to put either the front side to tallest, and the rear to lowest. Then the car will look like it's doing a wheelie 👍

I raised the front and back of a Ram truck to max and did some special condition racing the other day. It looked like a raised truck with street tires on it. :) Raising it up definitely made the course easier. The first person view while racing was visibly higher and I could anticipate the terrain ahead.
 
Yes, you can notice the difference. Any thing you do to your car in this game affects the way it handles, the way it performs etc etc..........
Hope you get the game soon, I can promise you (as well as every one on here) that you will have fun with the game for a long time!
 
yes its noticeable
 
Yep, it´s noticable! Check it out!
This one´s lowered in the front and raised in the rear, to get a cooler stance.
 
ferrari_chris
From memory there's a bit of a glitch.

If you crank your car all the way down, when you go over a bump rather than the tyres rubbing on the inside of the guard they actually pop out the top! I think you need to go quite low though, like racecar < 60mm low.

Can't see it from 'bumper cam', but looks a bit naff on the replays. :rolleyes:

haha, my 300zx used to do that in GT3 when I flew over the little jump before the first turn on Deep Forest
 
Back