Ride Height Too Low = Wheel Rub

• Thread starter Harmonic
  • 5 comments
United States
Farmington, MI
iiHarmonic
iiHarmonic
This is probably pretty obvious to some, but for those that are new to tuning, it is very possible to have such a low ride height that your wheels rub on the wheel wells and prevent you from turning fully. While this is accurate to real life, I would like to see some sort of min. clearance value given the max lateral G for your setup so you can tell if you're going to rub or not. I made a video demonstrating what happens when your ride height is too low:

If you were to measure the car performance (triangle) with the correct front ride height, would the rotational G for low speed corners improve?

Love that this aspect is simulated in the game, but would love it even more if we had a more straight forward indicator without leaving the car settings screen.

Posted about this in the FAQ thread. Glad to see it confirmed, need to change the ride height on some of my cars.

But since i'm raising the front ride height, should i adjust something else in the tune? Like Anti Roll Bar?

If you were to measure the car performance (triangle) with the correct front ride height, would the rotational G for low speed corners improve?

Love that this aspect is simulated in the game, but would love it even more if we had a more straight forward indicator without leaving the car settings screen.
Rotational G @ 40 MPH remains unchanged across the entire front ride height adjustment range, so it does not account for rubbing. Small changes decrease rotational G numbers at higher speeds slightly, and the decrease gets more extreme as you go up. That all makes sense assuming it doesn't rub, but it does... Agreed there should be some sort of indicator or clearance spec associated with ride height.

Posted about this in the FAQ thread. Glad to see it confirmed, need to change the ride height on some of my cars.

But since i'm raising the front ride height, should i adjust something else in the tune? Like Anti Roll Bar?
Most of the time the required change is pretty small, but if you find that the resulting understeer at higher speeds is too much, you can compensate with the rear ride height or roll bar. Natural frequency adjustments might help, but if you go too soft on the front, you might run into the same problem all over again.

Good info, I was scratching my head as to why the car was suddenly garbage. I had assumed early game bug lol. Also you can press triangle to zoom in during replays.
Whoa! I was just wondering how to get a better look at my car during replays. Thanks for this!

Back