Vision Gran Turismo discussion- M-B AMG Vision unveiled

• Thread starter Panoz
  • 246 comments
Going by previous cars of the sort in past games, I'd say we could "own" them the same as any other car. I do expect tuning and customisation to be limited, though.
Yeah, I'd say they'll probably turn out, as you said, like the GTbyCitroen, usable, possibly paintable, and with only aero/suspension/gearing to tune. Still, this looks awesome and going by the trailer they'll be an absolute pleasure to drive everywhere, I'll more than likely go for a few laps of every track in this thing

I disagree, and this isn't a road car designed for brand recognition anyway. It's an expression of a supercar with no real world bounds for a video game.

So in other words, who cares! It's gorgeous and the good thing is it DOES have a Merc badge and face.
You're free to disagree all you want but if you took the badge off it and showed the car to people on the highstreet im sure not many people would guess its a merc as there are no design cues to give it away, It could easily be a generic design and i would have thought that there would still be some hint of it being a merc without the badge. With no badge i would gues thats is an American can maybe a Cadilac!

Pretty sure Mercedes cares a lot about this.

Where was it stated otherwise? So someone observing that there appears to be no cues from mercedes design language passes as stating they dont care about their concept?

Another eye-catching feature is the radiator grille – a reinterpretation of the wide Mercedes-Benz sports car grille with central star. Its shape is reminiscent of the legendary 300 SL racing car of 1952. However, instead of classic louvres the grille of the show car features exclusively LEDs. The variable LED grille with different light patterns is a further development of the diamond grille introduced with the new A-Class.
Yea i dont see it, I'm reading it but i'm still not missleading my eyes to see something thats not there.
I think its designers took some clues from the W125 streamliner

Mercedes-Benz_W125_Rekordwagen_front-left_Mercedes-Benz_Museum.jpg
Its possible but still other than the badge i see nothing that makes me say "thats a merc!" other than the badge,

Now hopefully people dont get their panties in a twist at my mere observation, Its bad enough that gtp'ers dont seam to understand the word "ugly".

Where was it stated otherwise?

Nowhere in your post indeed. I was addressing this comment to DeathSmiles who unless I misread him somehow implied brand recognition didn't matter. I should have quoted his post for more clarity but as it was the one just above mine it didn't appeared necessary to me. Sorry for the confusion.

The link to Mercedes however was destined to underline what they consider are brand references to their Vision. It is your absolute right to not adhere to it.

Nowhere in your pAh ost indeed. I was addressing this comment to DeathSmiles who unless I misread him somehow implied brand recognition didn't matter. I should have quoted his post for more clarity but as it was the one just above mine it didn't appeared necessary to me. Sorry for the confusion.

The link to Mercedes however was destined to underline what they consider are brand references to their Vision. It is your absolute right to not adhere to it.
Ah i see no problem, Yes i think he was saying it wasnt a car for the road so brand recognition didnt matter but in a concept surely you'd want people to instantly think that its a car from manufacture X, Like i said i think it looks great but i wouldnt be surprised if it was designed by a student

Back