"Vision Gran Turismo" Preview (GT5?)

• Thread starter The359
  • 87 comments
It's nice to see so many cars on the track. And lots of people in the pits and milling about in the garages etc.

It's clear that they are using the same graphics engine that was used in GT4, so the visuals will improve for sure. I do remember reading somewhere that PD started work on GT5 sometime before the release of GT4, so it's a good bet they have made some progress on the next game.

Does anyone know the release date for the PS3, or has this not yet been confirmed?

That movie "vision GT" is just a vision on how GT5 will look like in terms of cars on track
(I counted 22 cars at motegi), its smart from Sony to show this because this is one of the things WE, GT fans want to see!

More important to me are good A.I. and Damage!!

I know its big but if you what to know how powerful the PS3 is download the full press conference and take a good look at the demos, and the videos from the games that are going to be released for the PS3. You’ll be amazed!!!

The Greatest
The biggest mistake was having 5 cars in Rally Racing... THEY SHOULD PUT IN POINT-TO-POINT RALLY!!! Lik in REAL LIFE, With JUst ONE CAR on THe TRAck!!!!!

Five rally cars on track at the same time, with a 'circuit' style arangement to the course is realistic - for rallycross.

Its only not realistic is your only idea of rally events is the WRC or other point to point events. Rally cross is a very popular and competative form of rally event.

brc02_02.jpg

Personally I would like to see both, if PD are looking to cover all the bases with driving and motorsport then both need to be in.

Mikey15
It looks terrible graphically. Like GT4 with more cars and better looking people. I hope they are gonna do more work on the graphics. I know it's about the gameplay, but this is supposed to be next gen.

What they must have done is convert the GT4 main core over to the PS3 O/S and worked on it from there. I'm suspecting they'll be using a new graphics engine so maybe what they've done is bought over code from the new engine and coded it into the original GT4.

Either way, it looks sodding brilliant :D

My personal veiw is this is preview of GT4 for the PS3 remember they said they may release a online version.

Well with the PS3 amazing online capability's 20+ car's on a track is the perfect task for the new cell. I think they will run 25 online player's online if they change the AI to allow for one or tow or three player to race AI car's we will find out.

I personally think vision is a way of saying GT5's is coming but a Gt4 online version will head it off by a few year's.

This was just showing us a PS3-tweaked GT4. The only major difference was the huge amount of cars on the track...

But have you guys seen that F1 vid off Gamespot? :eek: That looks to intense...

Rossell
What they must have done is convert the GT4 main core over to the PS3 O/S and worked on it from there. I'm suspecting they'll be using a new graphics engine so maybe what they've done is bought over code from the new engine and coded it into the original GT4.

Either way, it looks sodding brilliant :D

If you're talking about the potential of the gameplay, I agree. But everything else looks nasty. Like I said though, It'll probably improve and turn out great. :)

WOW!!!! That looks just like GT4!:) They need to cut the chase and show some breathtaking damage model and physics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ssAres
wasnt there suppose to come out an online version of gt4? Could vision gt4 be it?

I don't think Vision GT4 can be it because what we have seen on the videos can't be handled by the PS2. It defenitly needs a PS3. Unless they call it Vision GT4, it's GT5 to me! :dopey:

It's not GT5. like I said before in another thread, PD promised us an online version of GT4 this game will probably be a release title for PS3 running the same engine as GT4, But with all the things they wanted in GT4 that the PS2 couldnt do. This was Kazunori's "Vision" for GT4. Online will definately be a part of it. and who knows what else. This game is here to put GT back on top of Forza, and hold us over for when GT5 comes out maby five years from now. It will use the PS3 to a greater extent, and give us all the things we want.

But they would be fools to release the game on a mor epowerful console and not do any graphics changes.

You could say, well they're offering more cars on track, but not all series' have that many cars on track.

Let me make this clear, Polyphony has not confirmed ANYTHING. This is just a trailer of a tweaked version of GT4 running on the PS3.

There is no confirmed "GT4 Remastered"
There is no confirmed "GT4 Online"
There is no confirmed "GT5"

Anything at this point is pure speculation.

Anybody have a hi res version of the video? IGN insiders have access to one. Would like to see one available to the less fortunate people.

The359
There is no confirmed "GT5"
Yes there is, PD have confirmed they are working on it. If you meant there is no confirmation that that footage is GT5 in any shape or form, then thats right, but GT5 has been confirmed.

Dangit. I haven't even come close to finishing 4 yet, and now they're speculating on a Gran Turismo 5?!?!?! By God, these games are coming out too quickly (I don't know why Jordan opened this forum up so early; it'll just bog down our moderating staff once release dates are set...). Still, that footage had me wanting to get back into the game, and I can't wait for the 20-car races (GT-Online might become a reality--who knows?).

Major gripe is the way the cars are shadowed at the tires on the track...hopefully that GT4 graphic will be corrected. I'm extremely excited about the PS3...many good things to come. USB 2.0 ports and slots for memory cards like SD and such. Perhaps they are going to do away with the memory "card" and let us buy our own Sticks and have as much storage as we want? I'm thinking GT5 is going to need quite the storage space, plus the Blu Ray DVDs hold what, 54 gigs in dual layer? Unreal.

This is assuming they corrected the PS2's problems with reading two-layer DVDs and such (my PS2 is first gen, and the screen gets all shaky sometimes when I start a race or whatnot). The idea of USB ports for memory-storage is an interesting one. In theory, one could buy a connection that would hook into the computer then save all the files onto that. Heck, you could devote an entire 200-gigabyte-drive to just gamesaves; you'd never run out of room.

I've gotten a little off topic, but yeah, like the rest of you I can't wait for GT5 to come out. I'm just hoping Moon Over the Castle makes it as the theme song in the American version, and that we'll be able to transfer our GT4 gamesaves...

As I stated in the past, I think Vision Gran Turismo is a prototype for what GT5 will be like. Much like a concept car gives you an idea as to what you may expect to see in the future, I think Vision Gran Turismo is looking to be a precursor to GT5. I'm sure GT5 won't look exactly like GT5, but you may be surprised what we may expect to see. Racing against 20 makes competition much more intense. Like in the PS1 game "Test Drive: Le Mans," I'm kind of hoping you can win in class, so that you don't have to worry about losing all the races. To me, I think if GT4's GT World Championship was something to watch, GT5's GTWC may be even more intense, maybe even with a Ruf LM Race Car (at long last).

As I stated in another post, we can see almost anything. The big plus would have to be dynamic time changes, much tougher night racing, realistic (maybe dynamic) weather, we may be looking at a truly sensational GT that will try to be better than GT4. Who knows? Maybe we'll get the reverse lights some people complained about, car damage many of us wanted, and let's not forget the chances of some of the bigtime exotics that MANY of us wanted.

I haven't seen the video yet, so I'm going rely on what is covered in E3 about Vision Gran Turismo. Maybe I'll watch a little G4 (don't worry. Just because G4 and ign.com teamed up won't really deter my interest in watching G4 coverage) on this. I'll just need to see some video coverage, some screenshots, read reports online... I think this is going to be a great idea for GT5.

By the way, I don't think the PS3 controller looks all that bad. Hell, as a racing gamer, it's half of a little racing wheel. I'd feel at home with this thing! :D

Oh, GTPlanet! I had a chance to watch the G4 coverage just now, and from what I've seen, it was insane! 20 cars going at it. As I said before, it's a view of things to come. The coverage I've seen was JGTC race cars compete at Nurburgring Nordschleife, F1 cars at Monaco, JGTC at Nurburgring Nordschleife, not to mention some action in my favorite city in the world- Tokyo. And "The359" is correct. Nothing has yet been confirmed to our knowledge. If think if we're going to really see some progress, we'll have to wait for at least next year's E3 event.

I'm really fired up to see what the PS3 engine will be capable of in real game play of the GT series, let alone the realism of the replays.

It seems obvious however as many others have stated that the previews of GT Vision are essentially GT4 running on a PS3 with more cars on the track at the same time, just look at the still cardboard spectators in some of the screens.

as i said in another thread i dont really mind tbh what the new gt is like cos its obious there gonna make a neg gen gran turismo if this one is a souped up version of gt4, and like someone said already gt4 aint been out for long at all so i wud rather get my moneys worth and memorys out the way for gt4 before they drop another gt that soon, and PD love us speculating over weather it will be this or that, they know it will get fans excited thats the only reason i think they bothered showing gran turismo at all at e3. aslo i watched the sony confrence (thnx to gamespot) and the trailer was quickly shown and thats it, they didnt breath a word on it so its def there to get us wondering. but my conclusion is if this gonna be a souped up version of gt4 thats good because it will bring in even more fans, and i must point out one important factor, microsoft are meant to be releasing a modded version of halo called halo 2.5 for the launch of x360 so whos to say sony arnt doing a similar thing here with gran turismo, thats the most obvious thing to bear in mind

:) later

I'd be disappointed with a mild update of GT4 as a GT4.5 for PS3. I've always felt GT3 was a rushed game to show off the graphics of PS2 when it first launched, and the product suffered. It's going to take more than just 15 cars on the track at once (ie. changes to gameplay, modes, more cars, etc.) to make me want to lay down $80 or whatever PS3 games will cost at launch.

Back