Visual Glitch ? suspensions parts not display properly

That's the level of detail working as expected. Photo mode and menu cutscenes use the highest level of detail, and gameplay uses several lower levels of detail based on distance to ease the graphical load and allow the game to move at target frame rates. The geometry of the suspension of the lower part of the car will be considered a low priority because in the normal cameras of the game they are elements that are rarely visible, so it is normal that in a LOD1 parts are simplified or eliminated.
In the future it is expected that Polyphony will implement some variation of virtualized geometry (an advanced tessellation) that should avoid sudden changes in the number of visible polygons, but until then (a GT8 or 9 on PS5 Pro or PS6) those changes will be visible if you look for them.

LOD.png

That's the level of detail working as expected. Photo mode and menu cutscenes use the highest level of detail, and gameplay uses several lower levels of detail based on distance to ease the graphical load and allow the game to move at target frame rates. The geometry of the suspension of the lower part of the car will be considered a low priority because in the normal cameras of the game they are elements that are rarely visible, so it is normal that in a LOD1 parts are simplified or eliminated.
In the future it is expected that Polyphony will implement some variation of virtualized geometry (an advanced tessellation) that should avoid sudden changes in the number of visible polygons, but until then (a GT8 or 9 on PS5 Pro or PS6) those changes will be visible if you look for them.

View attachment 1322651

You answer in this case is from official explanation or just your thought ? Because the Hidden parts not only suspension , some car is a big bolt outside the wheel, or a little part of a long rod, if this is a selection by level of detail just didn’t make any sense , more like a glitch 😉

You answer in this case is from official explanation or just your thought ? Because the Hidden parts not only suspension , some car is a big bolt outside the wheel, or a little part of a long rod, if this is a selection by level of detail just didn’t make any sense , more like a glitch 😉
What he said is true for GT7 and most other games. In GT7 during replays you can see the detail reduce as cars get farther away. The easiest thing to see is when detailed wheels are replaced with single color flat replacements when cars are at a distance.

In similar news I just raced the Jimny cafe this morning, and the rear wheels on the "widebody" trucks aren't connected to the axle any more, they look like they're 6 inches away.

In a game this big with so many insanely detailed models and environments there are bound to be little things like this that pop up every once in a while. Doesn't bother me, as no-one comes close to GT when it comes to amazing visuals.

yea thats how GT7 lod system works - i wish they used different one less noticable
It really bothers me when with lights and shadows the most, as this is almost present for 100% of each race and looks like artifacts that already have been present and solved decades ago.
Personally I wouldnt mind the max quality for cars being lower if this would improve the average quality instead.

Though it is a different thing, I am always reminded of texture mapping lod of Counter-Strike or games of similar age.
Serious Sam was way ahead of its visual counterparts and I wonder why this is such a rare case...

Back