Voice chat for gt sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Trallen, May 11, 2018.

1. Trallen

Trallen

You think GT Sport will ever add voice chat to lobby/sport mode mode races?

2. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Not necessary.

TheGeologist likes this.
  3. Sofia Speed

Sofia Speed

Please no!!
    :drool:

kusi18 and TheGeologist like this.
  4. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Trust me you don't want it

5. kalakanto

kalakanto

KY answered before launch of GTS that chat is never coming. "While racing in car we don't need chat"

Right decision:tup:

ferreira, lisanorm, kusi18 and 7 others like this.
  6. coryclifford

coryclifford

You can chat in lobbies using Party at the main PSN screen.

Lord Protector likes this.
  7. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor Premium

Only good if you want 2nd hand 'Gangsta Rap' playing whilst online.

8. Lebowski

Lebowski

Why would anyone ever want that? I'm there to race. It's hard enough racing against the average ape without hearing their crappy music and screaming kids in the background.

9. ramurel

ramurel

Maybe he want to psych 'em out ! :)

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  10. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5

I don't think mics would work in Sport Mode, but to me having mics in open lobbies would still be useful because it makes organization easier. Like if someone who is new to a room and isn't in party chat gets in the wrong car, people can say what cars are allowed instead of having to stop whatever they are doing to type it out.
    Maybe mics could be implemented by adding another section to the in race HUD where people can mute anyone from there.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  11. poumpoum

poumpoum

I don't think it's a good idea for the Sport Mode, but for the lobby we really need that feature when you want to synchronize things with others ! It's so annoying to use the tchat, it takes time, you have to pause, nobody reads it...

How does it work ? You need to invite all the people in the lobby to be your friends, then they accept (perhaps), then you go on your party lobby, then you ask them to join the party ?

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Boston77 and TheGeologist like this.
  12. Molaidou

Molaidou

I think it's good if they let players choose to enter a chat room or not before a race begins. Also, put a voice chat icon beside players name in the menu or in the race so that players would know who can hear them.

Nick Cannella likes this.
  13. steviea712

steviea712

In my opinion it’s not necessary for sport mode, but would help massively when organising lobby events

14. ramurel

ramurel

It's a good reason, but a better solution may come from Playstation, allowing more than 8 people in Party ! I play championship with a group of friends and we have race day Wednesday and Sunday and we are constantly 10-14 guys sometime in a race and it's always a battle between us to be in the Party in the race day ! Like you said it's faster to set small details, while we warm-up for the race in the lobby.

I'd like to know if there's a solution for more than 8 people in a race lobby, who want to communicate live with headphones.

Nick Cannella and poumpoum like this.
  15. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

We had a similar thread last week. I really don't want to hear squeakers yelling at each other over the mic

"You wrecked me! My mom works at Sony and shes gonna ban you!"

16. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Fixed it to reflect what they say more accurately

fastone371 and TheGeologist like this.
  17. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

"I don't care, it's just a game. Why don't you go out and get a girlfriend?! I'm so cool I've already had like 20 GFs, including your mom!"

18. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor Premium

Are people at Sony like the Yakuza then?

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  19. Sharpie

Sharpie

I would like voice chat because I'm lazy to type .

20. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

There we go!

The people who hope they work at Sony think they are ;)

fastone371 and TheGeologist like this.
  21. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

No thank you. I dont want some loser raging or foaming at the microphone. Keep it peaceful.

Voice chat for me is always muted.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  22. poumpoum

poumpoum

I understand why people don't want voice tchat in Sport Mode and I totally agree (and I don't think it will happen as everything is completely oraganized already in this mode).

But honestly, I don't understand people that are against voice tchat in open lobby ! If you want to play in lobby with people you don't know, you HAVE TO communicate to organize stuff, so you have to use this ******* text tchat right now and it is really painfull and not effective at all. Lobbies right now are messy mainly because of that. Yesterday, I've opened a lobby "Nurburgring Touristenfahrten Confort Tires", a lot of good and respectful drivers joined the lobby but it was so hard to organize because you have to deal with :
    -"Wait I had to quit to buy the same car as you, I come back !"
    - Drivers that are already on the track and are not aware that the rest of us were ready to start and waiting for them...
    - Warn drivers with bad behavior
    - Or sometimes you just want to tchat with other car enthousiasts about what you are doing (in my case yesterday I was trying to reach a sub 9 minutes with a full stock Swift Sport on Confort Soft tires)
    Even if it was fun, it was exhausting to manage the lobby with this text tchat, so after 40 minutes I quit.

You probably don't play in open lobbies, to say you don't want voice tchat. And seriously, if you don't want to hear others just disable it, like in GT6... But you will probably miss a lot of important data about what's happening...

23. coryclifford

coryclifford

Yes. We're friends, I click Party, and I have to change a setting in the main PSN Settings to switch from DS4 controller output to my TV output, and then I can hear them. I use the included microphone plugged into the DS4 and my own headphones through the TV 3.5 mm output. It's fun, and after a few laps we get quiet mostly, other than the occasional "ah ****! Sorry!" Then chat about what's next.

In Sport Mode, no way would I want to hear anyone.

Benny44 and poumpoum like this.
  24. Rinsky

Rinsky Premium

Chat in Sport Mode? No
    Chat in lobbies? Yes

It would just be a bad idea to add chat into sport mode. There would just be more people being rude & negitive to others than people being positive.

Lobby chat would be a great thing for those who host or run in organized events and maybe random lobbies as well. Even though this feature was in GT6 most random lobbies still didn't have chat enabled but almost every organized lobby did and it makes things so much easier.

Benny44, fastone371, Boston77 and 3 others like this.
  25. Ray Striver

Ray Striver

I can’t understand why anyone wouldn’t want the option to chat. The ability to apologize immediately if you make a bad move can help calm anger. If it was like previous titles, the option to mute anyone that was annoying worked perfectly.

poumpoum and Boston77 like this.
  26. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

Alternatively, voice chat gives one the ability to scream, shout, tell me that they did my mom, and scream profanities the moment I overtake them. Also imagine how it would go for Asia/EMEA- 16 languages being spoken all at once. If there's a button to mute everyone though in every race to save me the hassle of muting everyone everytime, then okay add VC for all I care

Like others said, I think it's essential for lobbies, but a very very bad idea in Sport mode

27. DrifterJoe

DrifterJoe

I'd want it as an option you can toggle on/off in lobbies, with the ability to mute both individual players and everyone at once. Parties are limited to 8 people and lobbies can hold double that.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  28. Blacki2k2

Blacki2k2

Take a look in GTA. Do u wanna have something like this in a racing game where u need concentration? I mean no!

ferreira, Nuschel01 and Alpha Cipher like this.
  29. fastone371

fastone371

My wife already complains about my on going race commentary, it would only be worse if the offenders could hear me. Not having voice chat is great, it keeps me from getting banned for life!!! :censored::censored::censored::censored::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rinsky, Alpha Cipher and Blacki2k2 like this.
  30. ramurel

ramurel

I am interested in more than 8 friends to chat in lobby and I read that you can talk on Facebook chat call with up to 12 friends !