Voice chat for gt sport

• Thread starter Trallen
  • 43 comments
It's a good reason, but a better solution may come from Playstation, allowing more than 8 people in Party ! I play championship with a group of friends and we have race day Wednesday and Sunday and we are constantly 10-14 guys sometime in a race and it's always a battle between us to be in the Party in the race day ! Like you said it's faster to set small details, while we warm-up for the race in the lobby.

I'd like to know if there's a solution for more than 8 people in a race lobby, who want to communicate live with headphones.

I am interested in more than 8 friends to chat in lobby and I read that you can talk on Facebook chat call with up to 12 friends !
The solution is Discord. You can do a lot with this, much more than only 12 on Facebook... 👍

The solution is Discord. You can do a lot with this, much more than only 12 on Facebook... 👍

Thank you for the tip, I shared with my friends this.
Can you please tell me what happen when the you receive a phone call while you are in the app. I mean, when you end the phone call do you automatically go back into the app voice chat ?

As much as I want something similar to iRacing's Team Chat, I just:

1. Can't see it happening - PD wouldn't add something like that, it would eat bandwidth.

2. For GT Sport? Unlike iRacing, I can't trust the community to not abuse the feature.

As much as I want something similar to iRacing's Team Chat, I just:

1. Can't see it happening - PD wouldn't add something like that, it would eat bandwidth.

2. For GT Sport? Unlike iRacing, I can't trust the community to not abuse the feature.
I'd get it for team chat, but there's no multi-driver races here in GTS, so yeah it doesn't really serve a purpose either in sport mode. And in iRacing (just assuming though tell me if I'm wrong) your teammate is someone you actually know, so you know you can trust them :)

I'd get it for team chat, but there's no multi-driver races here in GTS, so yeah it doesn't really serve a purpose either in sport mode. And in iRacing (just assuming though tell me if I'm wrong) your teammate is someone you actually know, so you know you can trust them :)

I wouldn't be the person to ask, but from what I've seen the Team Chat option includes chat between all drivers so e.g oval racing, guys in front can let guys behind know if there's a wreck happening or brake checking. Same could be somewhat applied to Gr. 2/3/4.

But again, I don't trust the GTS community all that much.

I wouldn't be the person to ask, but from what I've seen the Team Chat option includes chat between all drivers so e.g oval racing, guys in front can let guys behind know if there's a wreck happening or brake checking. Same could be somewhat applied to Gr. 2/3/4.

But again, I don't trust the GTS community all that much.
That's... Actually amazing! Kudos to the iRacing community :D

I'm in the same boat as you with this community though...

Thank you for the tip, I shared with my friends this.
Can you please tell me what happen when the you receive a phone call while you are in the app. I mean, when you end the phone call do you automatically go back into the app voice chat ?
It never happened to me so I can't say. I assume that yes. But you should do a test of this with friends.

considering there's a chat option in the lobby, I'd say enabling voice chat would be acceptable. It's easier to talk to people if you want to, and would be useful sometimes, and you can always MUTE whoever says **** or plays music, etc. However, voice chat should never and will never be activated DURING the race. Unless they ever create some kind of Google Assistant-type pit-assistant which would give you information when you ask him, etc, activated by voice-prompts. That would be awesome.

considering there's a chat option in the lobby, I'd say enabling voice chat would be acceptable. It's easier to talk to people if you want to, and would be useful sometimes, and you can always MUTE whoever says **** or plays music, etc. However, voice chat should never and will never be activated DURING the race. Unless they ever create some kind of Google Assistant-type pit-assistant which would give you information when you ask him, etc, activated by voice-prompts. That would be awesome.
And post-race. No turning on of mics post-race. So much butthurt and cancer it'll be hell

Back