Votes: 27 30.0%

• Total voters
My five favorites, right down to the specific layout:

Maggiore - GP
Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
Circuit de St. Croix - C
Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa
Blue Moon Bay - Infield A

We should also note that virtually every track that has a [Location] - [Layout] format for their name has obtained another variation, as we've seen with Sardegna and Dragon Trail. That leaves Alsace and Colorado Springs as the only locales to not obtain another variation - at least not yet. It could also happen either in GTS or in GT7, as it seems like many (perhaps all) circuits from GTS will return in GT7.

Personally, I'd love a fictional circuit set on Hawaii's big island. Who knows, maybe even a hillclimb course up Mauna Kea! Or at least part of it, haha!

Maggiore GP is just generally balanced and enjoyable, from the high-speed corners to the dramatic banked hairpin. We really do need to build this course IRL - unfortunately the banky boi is probably too dangerous for an F1 race to be run on it...

Kyoto's super-long, fast turns are so much fun to take, especially in high-downforce cars. Occasionally in GT League I'll drift through the entire thing like Mario Kart. Personal favorite configuration is Yamagiwa + Miyabi, which has so many of these corners.

Dragon Trail - Seaside is super cool, it's basically a triangle with three different types of chicane. The notorious chicane has claimed my life many times and I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you forced me to choose I'd probably pick St. Croix. I do like the forest aesthetic and the variations has enough difference to be cool.

HOWEVER saying that all these tracks could disappear in the next iteration and I wouldnt miss them, None of them have the style of the classics... GRand Valley Midfield Eiger Nordwand Trial Mountain Apricot Hill the list goes on... even dumb stuff like Cape Ring.

If you forced me to choose I'd probably pick St. Croix. I do like the forest aesthetic and the variations has enough difference to be cool.

HOWEVER saying that all these tracks could disappear in the next iteration and I wouldnt miss them, None of them have the style of the classics... GRand Valley Midfield Eiger Nordwand Trial Mountain Apricot Hill the list goes on... even dumb stuff like Cape Ring.

I’d personally keep them, if only not to have the effort go to waste. If if doesn’t take much effort to port them to the next game, why get rid of them? I’m sure they all have their niches, with the right cars being driven on them. Even the claustrophobia-inducing Northern Isle can be fun with somewhat slower machines, like those in N200.

I’d also say many of the classic courses will need some notable modifications like we see with Trial Mountain, for them to be ideal for racing, both online and offline. Especially considering the hardware constraints these older tracks were designed around - a notable example being how only six cars could be on the course at the same time in the PS1 and PS2 era. That said, I think Apricot Hill would require the least changes of the PS1/PS2-era courses, and may even be fine as-is.

On the other hand, I’d say that the SuperSpeedway from GT3 and the Test Course are made redundant by Northern Isle and SSRX, respectively. Scratch that, I’d say the latter pair are actually superior to the former pair.

DT should be split into Seaside and Gardens, totally different tracks.

To me this is a no brainer, Seaside > Maggiorie > Kyoto > Gardens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Daylight.

The Tokyo clockwise long-course is the best. With a modern LMP car, the twisty section is really fun. Not terribly challenging, but had some good lobby races.

For me, in no particular order, would be:

Autodrome Laggo Maggiore: Every aspect of this track is simply exceptional, from the overall look to the flow and enjoyment of nailing a lap. Easy to learn but hard to master, with an iconic hairpin and capable of producing some of the best racing i've ever had in Sport mode while appealing to all types of cars, it puts to shame even some real-life tracks. Overall, a classic in every aspect.

Dragon Trail Seaside: This one is among the most popular GT Sport originals and for a good reason. An overall fast circuit, on which to be fast you need to know the limits of your car to perfection and take advantage of every inch of tarmac and kerb. And no corner encapsulates better the spirit of Dragon Trail Seaside than the Chicane of Death: Precision, courage and a tad bit of luck are neccesary to nail this corner. Get all of them right, and you gain several tenths. Get one of them wrong and your race will be over.

Tokyo Expressway-East Loop: Take the speed of Dragon Trail Seaside, the narrowness of the Monaco GP circuit and you have the Tokyo Expressway East Loop. Being a high-speed track, it requires precision, like Seaside. However, instead of risk, the East Loop rewards patience and planning ahead of your opponent, since the narrow walls are nothing but merciful to those who overestimate their abilities. Overtaking here is also much harder, since the only real chances you have are the first and last corners and the long straight that connects them. And even then, at the straight, the car you just overtook can do just the same, since it is long enough to allow that switchback. No place that you gain is secure and every overtake must be calculated and done at the right time. Patience and planning summarize racing in the East Loop of Tokyo Expressway.

Last edited:
Voted Lago Maggiore, Blue Moon Bay Speedway and Dragon Trail.

Lago Maggiore is a really solid track, sweet flow and usually produces pretty good racing. Alternative layouts are fine and can fit well for slower racing classes. Blue Moon simply because I really like oval racing and I find it to be a pretty decent oval, despite the first corner, which admittedly is a tad slow. As for Dragon Trail, I think that may be Polyphony’s best original track in recent times and the #1 original track in GT Sport with the Seaside route being the better one. Fantastic flow all around and again, a track that usually delivers good racing.

Honourable mentions go out to Kyoto Driving Park, especially for the Yamagiwa route which is lovely. Miyabi however is very low ranked for me and keeps me from voting Kyoto in this poll. Kudos also to Sardegna and Tokyo Expressway, great setting and solid tracks.

All in all pretty close between all six mentioned.

Last edited:
Tokyo East has the best layout but is let down by being surrounded by walls. If it had grass verges like Brands Hatch it would be easily the best, but as is it highlights the games terrible collision physics and penalty mechanisms

DT Seaside and Yamagiwa are the most well rounded tracks

They've messed up Ste Croix, they should have made it like the real location of the "Lac of Ste Croix" in the South of France.
Just in the same way they made Circuito de la Sierra in GT 6 = real location with custom road track.

But the best to me are Tokyo, Dragon Trails and Sardegna

Back