Vote for your favorite GTS fantasy tracks

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by dabz343, Jul 30, 2020.

?

What are your top 3 choices?

1. Alsace

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Autodrome Lago Maggior

28 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Autopolis International Racing Course

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Blue Moon Bay Speedway

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. BB Raceway

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Circuit de Sainte-Croix

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  7. Colorado Springs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Dragon Trail

32 vote(s)
    61.5%
  9. Fishermans Ranch

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Kyoto Driving Park

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  11. Northern Isle Speedway

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  12. Sardegna

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  13. Special Stage Route X

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  14. Tokyo Expressway

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dabz343

dabz343

You have 3 votes.

2. Stephan

Stephan Premium

Just like to point out that Autopolis is a real race track.

As for the fantasy tracks, Maggiore, Dragon Trail, and Sainte Croix are my favorites.

HaydenFan69, cosme, RX8 Racer and 2 others like this.
  3. dabz343

dabz343

Thx, ignore my Autopolis guys

KosmoKazi, cosme and mastergracie like this.
  4. mastergracie

mastergracie

I also thought that. Kind of a funny name.

cosme likes this.
  5. MIE1992

MIE1992

My five favorites, right down to the specific layout:

Maggiore - GP
    Tokyo Expressway - South Inner Loop
    Circuit de St. Croix - C
    Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa
    Blue Moon Bay - Infield A

We should also note that virtually every track that has a [Location] - [Layout] format for their name has obtained another variation, as we've seen with Sardegna and Dragon Trail. That leaves Alsace and Colorado Springs as the only locales to not obtain another variation - at least not yet. It could also happen either in GTS or in GT7, as it seems like many (perhaps all) circuits from GTS will return in GT7.

Personally, I'd love a fictional circuit set on Hawaii's big island. Who knows, maybe even a hillclimb course up Mauna Kea! Or at least part of it, haha!

cosme likes this.
  6. FANCY CLOWN

FANCY CLOWN

Maggiore GP is just generally balanced and enjoyable, from the high-speed corners to the dramatic banked hairpin. We really do need to build this course IRL - unfortunately the banky boi is probably too dangerous for an F1 race to be run on it...

Kyoto's super-long, fast turns are so much fun to take, especially in high-downforce cars. Occasionally in GT League I'll drift through the entire thing like Mario Kart. Personal favorite configuration is Yamagiwa + Miyabi, which has so many of these corners.

Dragon Trail - Seaside is super cool, it's basically a triangle with three different types of chicane. The notorious chicane has claimed my life many times and I wouldn't have it any other way.

cosme likes this.
  7. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

If you forced me to choose I'd probably pick St. Croix. I do like the forest aesthetic and the variations has enough difference to be cool.

HOWEVER saying that all these tracks could disappear in the next iteration and I wouldnt miss them, None of them have the style of the classics... GRand Valley Midfield Eiger Nordwand Trial Mountain Apricot Hill the list goes on... even dumb stuff like Cape Ring.

mastergracie likes this.
  8. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

I voted once, Maggiore. Specifically the East, Reverse layout.

9. HarVee

HarVee

Alsace, Sardegna, SSRX.

Apparently I like unpopular tracks.

MIE1992 likes this.
  10. MIE1992

MIE1992

I’d personally keep them, if only not to have the effort go to waste. If if doesn’t take much effort to port them to the next game, why get rid of them? I’m sure they all have their niches, with the right cars being driven on them. Even the claustrophobia-inducing Northern Isle can be fun with somewhat slower machines, like those in N200.

I’d also say many of the classic courses will need some notable modifications like we see with Trial Mountain, for them to be ideal for racing, both online and offline. Especially considering the hardware constraints these older tracks were designed around - a notable example being how only six cars could be on the course at the same time in the PS1 and PS2 era. That said, I think Apricot Hill would require the least changes of the PS1/PS2-era courses, and may even be fine as-is.

On the other hand, I’d say that the SuperSpeedway from GT3 and the Test Course are made redundant by Northern Isle and SSRX, respectively. Scratch that, I’d say the latter pair are actually superior to the former pair.

11. NevilleNobody

NevilleNobody

DT should be split into Seaside and Gardens, totally different tracks.

To me this is a no brainer, Seaside > Maggiorie > Kyoto > Gardens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Daylight.

12. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

The Tokyo clockwise long-course is the best. With a modern LMP car, the twisty section is really fun. Not terribly challenging, but had some good lobby races.