[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Updated the list of those confirmed, which now stands at 27 of 47.

VRR has finished its investigation into the crash that claimed the life of 22 year old Finnish driver Henna Venalainen and injured Ryan Perlstein and Sakura Ishibashi as well as two fans. That investigation contributed the following points.
1) Venalainen's death was caused by deep lacerations across the throat and collarbone. Those lacerations were caused by snapped catch fencing wire. Any blunt force injuries suffered outside of those lacerations would not have caused her death.
2) Ryan Perlstein's car recorded 217Gs at peak, registered by the secondary impact and the aftermath of such.
3) Despite the fencing causing the fatality, the catch fencing did its job of containing the accident in several critical areas, with only two fans being injured from stray debris of Ishibashi's car.
4) While a closed cockpit would have almost certainly saved Venalainen, injuries sustained by Perlstein and Ishibashi would still have been unavoidable, and treatment for Perlstein would have only been delayed further.

VRR has finished its investigation into the crash that claimed the life of 22 year old Finnish driver Henna Venalainen and injured Ryan Perlstein and Sakura Ishibashi as well as two fans. That investigation contributed the following points.
1) Venalainen's death was caused by deep lacerations across the throat and collarbone. Those lacerations were caused by snapped catch fencing wire. Any blunt force injuries suffered outside of those lacerations would not have caused her death.
2) Ryan Perlstein's car recorded 217Gs at peak, registered by the secondary impact and the aftermath of such.
3) Despite the fencing causing the fatality, the catch fencing did its job of containing the accident in several critical areas, with only two fans being injured from stray debris of Ishibashi's car.
4) While a closed cockpit would have almost certainly saved Venalainen, injuries sustained by Perlstein and Ishibashi would still have been unavoidable, and treatment for Perlstein would have only been delayed further.
That's....grim.

That was...more grizzly then I was expecting.

This really sounds like one of those 70's F1 crashes...

The last European weekend in 2016 has started.
R22 FP101.PNG
R22 FP102.PNG
R22 FP201.PNG
R22 FP202.PNG

I'm barely believing what I'm watching, I'm inside the top 5, made a pass to further that, and it wasn't off a start or restart. Wat?

Another disappointing weekend for the Swift Autosport team. The weekend looked okay from the start with Evans finishing 7th in FP1. But things went south from there with none of the Swift Autosport drivers qualifying within the Top 10 with Rogers being the closest in 12th. Evan's, and Ahmed went on to qualify 25th, and 26th. We tried to get a few words from Rogers after qualifying but he declined to comment. Just like last week in Brno the Swift Autosport guys fell short of a Top 10 finish with Rogers making up one spot from where he started finishing 11th. Ahmed would be the second highest finishing in the 20th position while Evans would finish 24th. We caught up with Evans after the race and asked what happened. He had this to say. "The car just didn't feel right from the start of the race. We made a few adjustments after that first practice and whatever we did really 🤬 things up. Just sucks because the team does everything they can to provide this entire organization with solid cars and we continue to fall short week after week." We asked the boss man Seth Smith his take on the situation but he declined to comment stating "I'd rather not discuss that right now."

Our YouTube Chevy had speed all day, just couldn't get the track position to show it. That caution with about 16 to go is what gave us the opportunity to win this race, and although it may be lucky, I still can't deny how much this team has improved over this season. This is awesome.

"I'm beyond speechless at how that went. We had been going back and forth on what adjustments to make to get our car better and that adjustment on that final pitstop was what we needed. It was the car we had in FP1 and more. While I had nothing for that 92, I was able to finally just sit up the 43 and get by. I'm just excited and glad for the PlayStation team at CDR. With all the luck we've had this year and after a surprise top 10 at Road America, this podium alone is a win for us"

Hey, another race poster I made!
We qualified last, we took the green 26th due to WhateverLeEff happened to the 14. We were next-to-last on the lead lap at 1/3 through. Passing was at a high premium, one of the second bunch to pit, and I could have sworn the car was damaged. Even knowing "Shenanigans" is the best available answer, I'm still wondering HTF we finished 4th!

Orlando Herald: 89 points is the difference between the precise Stephanie Porter-Kelley and the volatile Peruvian Jesus Cristobal coming into the final road course race of the season. 137 is the number Porter-Kelley wants the gap to be to not have to worry about Fontana at all, but Porter-Kelley said she was alright with not meeting the 137 number: "In fairness, 137 is an overkill number. We aren't going to mathematically reach that at Watkins Glen. I'm aiming for a 94 point gap, and I can achieve that by doing well at Watkins Glen and qualifying well at Fontana." The Orlando native, who finished seventh behind her younger sister Angel Porter and ahead of Angel's teammate Sebastian Devereux, has the upperhand, having already secured the Henna Venalainen Road Course Trophy with her blistering performance on the road and street courses this year. Now it's a matter of when she secures the series championship, and Porter-Kelley wants nothing more than the title that has eluded her grasp for a decade.

Back