[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but the virtual identical thing has me thinking the cars will all be the same except for our names and flags on the side

Well it could be "virtual identical" design-wise and not colors. Ergo, we can't touch the actual design, but we can switch colors around in it. Or so I think, at least.

Let's see this example; would something like this be allowed for the race, @Angel? Or would I have to stick to the livery's OG colors?
IROC76.jpeg

Well it could be "virtual identical" design-wise and not colors. Ergo, we can't touch the actual design, but we can switch colors around in it. Or so I think, at least.

Let's see this example; would something like this be allowed for the race, @Angel? Or would I have to stick to the livery's OG colors?
View attachment 584534
That's the more reasonable option, but I'm not sure how uniform @Angel wants this race to look

Well from what I can tell, the actual livery will be shared by all cars, logos included, but we can choose our own colors and numbers. I mean a whole grid full of same color cars isn't exactly how IROC worked, last time I checked...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but the virtual identical thing has me thinking the cars will all be the same except for our names and flags on the side
Jahgee would be correct on this one. I may try the color changes for next year, but because time is of the essence, cars will remain for most part identical. Thus why there's a competition for best design.

Jahgee would be correct on this one. I may try the color changes for next year, but because time is of the essence, cars will remain for most part identical. Thus why there's a competition for best design.

Meaning that cars like the one I shared a few posts above won't work this year... Or am I wrong about this? Can we change any color at all on the cars?

And if the earliest former is the case, which Crown Royal IROC design must we use? After all, there's more than one on the templates file you shared...

Meaning that cars like the one I shared a few posts above won't work this year... Or am I wrong about this? Can we change any color at all on the cars?

And if the earliest former is the case, which Crown Royal IROC design must we use? After all, there's more than one on the templates file you shared...
That won't work as is because it doesn't have the sponsors mandated. As for the livery, it's an open competition to make the one every will use, the only thing changing from one to the other would be the name, number, and flag.

That won't work as is because it doesn't have the sponsors mandated. As for the livery, it's an open competition to make the one every will use, the only thing changing from one to the other would be the name, number, and flag.

Ah, that makes things far clearer now. Thanks for that BK, I can certainly appreciate your help. 👍

There's no way I can make an interesting livery, so I'll leave the job for those who are able to do just that.
Like @RACECAR cough cough :sly: :lol:

The competition won't be decided by me. It'll be decided by open vote. Everyone interested must submit their livery designs by next Friday, and a render would be appreciated.

HELP WANTED: My internet is way too slow to upload the race. So, if anyone has the internet speed to upload it by noon on Sunday, let me know and I'll get everything needed to you.

HELP WANTED: My internet is way too slow to upload the race. So, if anyone has the internet speed to upload it by noon on Sunday, let me know and I'll get everything needed to you.

How big is the file?

64813832.jpg

Ran into a serious problem. Neither Mediafire or Google Drive can allow for more than a certain amount of storage space without charging. So, Barcelona will definitely be a week late. I'll have to sendoff Watkins Glen in two parts and have someone edit them together before uploading it to YouTube.

Ran into a serious problem. Neither Mediafire or Google Drive can allow for more than a certain amount of storage space without charging. So, Barcelona will definitely be a week late. I'll have to sendoff Watkins Glen in two parts and have someone edit them together before uploading it to YouTube.
What about Dropbox?

I would say use Dropbox. The only hiccup is that you would have to get other to sign-up with you, but other than that I haven't had any problems.

The fact so many people are pitching in to handle this download deal is a testament of how strong the GTPlanet community is. Of course, I'm proud to be part of this site for the many years I've been here. I do hope you are able to get this entire package all complete and everything to be shown online.

More details have been finalized for the December event that will mark the organization's two year anniversary. The event will take place on the weekend of December 18th, and the schedule will look like the following:
Thursday, December 15th:
Group A Practice 1 (90 minutes)
Group B Practice 1 (90 minutes)
Friday, December 16th:
Group A Practice 2 (60 minutes)
Group B Practice 2 (60 minutes)
Saturday, December 17th:
Group A Qualifying Race (50 laps)
Group B Qualifying Race (50 laps)
Sunday, December 18th:
2016 VRR Year End Bash (200 laps)
What do the groups mean? Whereas usually Group A is the inside line of the starting grid of the race, for this event, that won't be determined until after practice has concluded. The group that produces the fastest practice speed from either day of practice will be the group that gets the inside lane for the race. And with the cars being identical, there's no guessing who will post the fastest speed for either group. The groups for the event have also been determined based on the 47 eligible drivers thus far. Any additional drivers will be added to whatever group has a lower count. Drivers in bold are those that have confirmed participation.
Up to 42 can start the race, which means if a group has over 21 drivers in it, drivers will DNQ. That all hinges on more than 42 confirming participation.

Another note is that the livery contest for the event ends on Friday, September 30th. All submissions must be sent with a render through private conversation by that date. I currently have one submission entered.

Last edited:
Back