[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,215 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
CINCINNATI, OHIO, UNITED STATES--A press release from VRR has confirmed that the VRR World Championship at Auto Club Speedway will be run under the lights in 2016 as part of a deal with General Electric and the Auto Club Speedway.
 
Second-to-last finish amongst those who finished, it was just a general off day for me. A race to forget, because nothing decent happened to me; bad practice, bad quali and a terrible race.

I must say though, I bet a little grin appeared in your face when you realized that Clayton's engine went boom, considering your "Family Feud" (insert trademark here) and such... :lol:
 
VRR Reporter "Alex,You started in the back so you had to fight to the middle of the pack how does that feel?" Alex "Ahh something in the brakes wasn't working in qualifying so we had to fight all day at least we got a Top 15."
 
I bet a little grin appeared in your face when you realized that Clayton's engine went boom, considering your "Family Feud" (insert trademark here) and such...
Oh you have no idea. I laughed so hard.
VRR Reporter "Alex,You started in the back so you had to fight to the middle of the pack how does that feel?" Alex "Ahh something in the brakes wasn't working in qualifying so we had to fight all day at least we got a Top 15."
Wait...didn't you just say a while back that top 10s were a guarantee?
 
Hasta ahora, he estado muy decepcionado con mi actuación esta temporada. Estaba seguro de que estaríamos contendiendo por victorias, en lugar se están teniendo que competir para los mejores veinte acabados. El tener que describir a su madre María y su padre José que no eres tan bueno como pensabas es duro, no quiero decepcionarlos, me dieron todo y para pagar ellos por deshonrar el nombre de la familia de la manera que tengo estado ha sido duro.
So far, I have been very disappointed in my performance this season. I thought for sure we would be contending for wins, instead were are having to compete for top twenty finishes. Having to describe to your mom Mary and your dad Joseph that you aren't as good as you thought is tough, I don't want to disappoint them, they gave me everything and to repay them by disgracing the family name the way I have been has been tough.
 
Hasta ahora, he estado muy decepcionado con mi actuación esta temporada. Estaba seguro de que estaríamos contendiendo por victorias, en lugar se están teniendo que competir para los mejores veinte acabados. El tener que describir a su madre María y su padre José que no eres tan bueno como pensabas es duro, no quiero decepcionarlos, me dieron todo y para pagar ellos por deshonrar el nombre de la familia de la manera que tengo estado ha sido duro.
So far, I have been very disappointed in my performance this season. I thought for sure we would be contending for wins, instead were are having to compete for top twenty finishes. Having to describe to your mom Mary and your dad Joseph that you aren't as good as you thought is tough, I don't want to disappoint them, they gave me everything and to repay them by disgracing the family name the way I have been has been tough.
You nearly made my laptop have a heart attack translating that.

Also, realized why Indianapolis and Auto Club were being crash fests...I didn't realize they were categorized as super speedways. I had moved everyone's sliders to 0 thinking "Oh, that won't be needed" when in reality I was bunching up the field. So I dun goofed...and now I get to fix that. My bad.
 
Just couldn't get anywhere with the car. I was lucky to even remain on the lead lap. New Jersey just isn't for me.
 
VRR Reporter: "Not the way you wanted it to go, but a 7th place finish isn't too bad. Your thoughts?"
Jacob Descoteau: "First off, I'd like to thank BRRT for giving us a great car, along with Dasani for coming aboard and Coca-Cola for sponsoring the team. But, as you said, it really didn't go to plan. We made a costly mistake in the pits and couldn't fully recover. We did improve two positions from qualifying, so at least there's on positive."
VRR: "You made a lot of improvements over the course of the race weekend. What exactly did you do to keep getting faster?"
JD: "We made some tweaks to the suspension setup, as well as some aero fine-tuning. It was definitely crucial to finishing good. Still not the best, but at least somewhat good."
VRR: "Thank you, we'll see you at the next test?"
JD: "Absolutely!"
 
2nd is a nice result. So far so good for me.
 
uic.png


Broke header. That's a thing.
 
ATLANTA, GEORGIA, UNITED STATES--The city of Atlanta will be busy in 2017 as two VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series events in 2017. A double weekend will occur between the Atlanta Motor Speedway and Road Atlanta circuit in early 2017. "The state of Georgia has two distinctly great race tracks that provide great racing and are sure sell crowds when promoted right." VRR Vice President Scott Porter said Monday morning. "We get to pair a premier road course event with an exciting oval event. The main plan is to pair the events up with better ticket prices to sell out both events."
 
Reminder that the Michigan Broadcast Test is being run this Friday! We have 32 of 35 cars, which will make this race phenomenal. Been a bit slow on the news side of things, but hopefully within the next week or two things will be fired up again.
 
Running the Michigan test has been delayed due to a member receiving a GTP Ban for an unknown duration. Race will likely be run tomorrow with that driver just temporarily excluded.
 
Running the Michigan test has been delayed due to a member receiving a GTP Ban for an unknown duration. Race will likely be run tomorrow with that driver just temporarily excluded.

I was just about to ask where the test coverage was... Thanks for clearing it up.
 
I was just about to ask where the test coverage was... Thanks for clearing it up.
To explain how this will work...she'll run the races in advance, then someone will record the races and then record the broadcast commentary separate before layering it all together. That process can take anywhere from a week to two weeks depending on the broadcast commentators' schedules. She won't release race details like practice results until the weekend the race will be uploaded to YouTube, because...well...realism to the max.
 
To explain how this will work...she'll run the races in advance, then someone will record the races and then record the broadcast commentary separate before layering it all together. That process can take anywhere from a week to two weeks depending on the broadcast commentators' schedules. She won't release race details like practice results until the weekend the race will be uploaded to YouTube, because...well...realism to the max.
That pretty much sums it up. @nascarfan1400 and @Clayton Hardy will be in the booth full time while @vetteman24 and @DurWinning will split the season as the third commentator.
 
Michigan test will be run today with 31 cars instead of 32. Entry list for the test is as follows:
Car/Driver/Nation/Primary Sponsor/Team/Engine -- GTP Tag
#2: Thomas Rogers/USA/Speed Energy Drinks/Swift Autosport/Audi -- @tbwhhs
#5: Mohammad Ahmed/PAK/Rarity MLP/Swift Autosport/Audi -- @Smurfybug
#6: Diomedes Nikolaidou/GRE/Texaco-Havoline/Agaton Team/Audi -- @Earth
#7: Evangeline Porter/USA/Coca-Cola Vanilla/Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing/Chevrolet -- @BRRT_Angel
#9: Michael White/USA/Bambi/NCTX Motorsports/Audi -- @Whitetail
#10: Gary Slater/GBR/Johnnie Walker/Ecurie Ecosse/Audi -- @AudiMan2011
#11: Alex Rivera/LUX/7-Eleven/Scuderia Rabia Furiosa/Chevrolet -- @DcrRaikkonen
#14: Jacob Birmingham/USA/Sprite/Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing/Chevrolet -- @vetteman24
#19: Camyron Jackson/USA/PlayStation/Cat Devil Racing/Honda -- @RACECAR
#20: Hugo Del Prete/USA/Red Bull/Team Kate Upton/Chevrolet -- @DurWinning
#22: Jacob Descoteau/USA/Dasani/Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing/Chevrolet -- @GTRacer22
#27: Aaron van der Linden/CAN/Mugen/Mugen Motorsports/Honda -- @aarror
#30: Matheus Michelin/BRA/Speedchips/Team Kate Upton/Chevrolet -- @Michelin
#43: Cliff Lagueux/CAN/Molson Canadian/Standard Motorsports/Honda -- @GTracerEHTeam
#48: Lucas Larese/USA/Alienware/Polaris Motorsports/Honda -- @ScuderiaLucas
#50: Matthew Evans/USA/Logan's Roadhouse/Swift Autosport/Audi -- @swiftsmith
#55: Ryan Perlstein/USA/GE Innovation/Perl Speed GP/Chevrolet -- @catamount39
#67: Jamie Ngaire-Jardine/NZL/Bauer Hockey/Bauer NTi Team NZ/Honda -- @RedDragon
#76: Nico Costa-Monteiro/POR/Burger King/Team Kate Upton/Chevrolet -- @Niku Driver HC
#77: Andrew Draco/USA/Sonic Drive Thru/Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing/Chevrolet -- @Kingofweasles
#78: Pedro Harsk/POR/Audi Sport/Harsk World Motorsport/Audi -- @Harsk100
#79: B.K. Glover/USA/No Sponsor/NCTX Motorsports/Audi -- @BKGlover
#80: Sebastian Devereux/FRA/Princess Luna MLP/Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing/Chevrolet -- @nascarfan1400
#84: Stephanie Porter-Kelley/BIH/Alienware/Polaris Motorsports/Honda -- @amaterasu
#87: Henna Venalainen/FIN/Victoria's Secret/Cat Devil Racing/Honda -- @quietgirl
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a/JPN/Sony/Cat Devil Racing/Honda -- @KuniKino****a
#92: Treven Robie/USA/YouTube/Legacy Racing/Chevrolet -- @trobes29
#95: Behrris Windross/USA/Pennzoil/Cherokee Motorsports/Audi -- @NearCptNitro
#96: Clayton Hardy/CHK/McDonald's/Cherokee Motorsports/Audi -- @Clayton Hardy
#97: Jett Raven/USA/ALS Association/Cherokee Motorsports/Audi -- @raven214
#99: Steven Gnash/CAN/Pepsi/Cat Devil Racing/Honda -- @DCybertron

Drivers not present during the test:
#12: Brian Blauman/USA/Benson & Hedges/Inferno Racing/Honda -- @rcb929 (Car being worked on?)
#24: Jesus Cristobal/PER/Lotus Cars/Team Kate Upton/Chevrolet -- @Jahgee1124 (GTP Ban)
#38: Gizmo Fonseca-Vargas/MEX/Hot Wheels/Mugen Motorsports/Honda -- @Gerarghini (Car being worked on)
#51: Alan Herrera/MEX/Martini & Rossi/Martini Racing/Honda -- @AJHG1000 (Car being worked on)

Nations represented in the field during the test:
BIH: Bosnia and Herzegovina-1 driver
BRA: Brazil-1 driver
CAN: Canada-3 drivers
CHK: Cherokee Nation-1 driver
FIN: Finland-1 driver
FRA: France-1 driver
GBR: Great Britain-1 driver
GRE: Greece-1 driver
JPN: Japan-1 driver
LUX: Luxembourg-1 driver
NZL: New Zealand-1 driver
PAK: Pakistan-1 driver
POR: Portugal-2 drivers
USA: United States-15 drivers

Something to cover since it's here. In the case that a driver gets banned, if it's temporary, the spot just remains unfilled for however many races. If it's permanent, then a replacement will be called up from those currently just Indy 500 entries.
 
NBC Reporter: What are your predictions for today's Michigan Race?
Harsk: My predictions are doing the best as we can and get at least in top 10, so we'll go right on track.
NBC Reporter: How would you describe the Michigan Speedway?
Harsk: Well, I'm kinda speechless right now, but all I can say is that track is very tight in my opinion, because it remembers an highway next to a city... I saw the GTLMS Championship on MotorsTV about this track.
NBC Reporter: Alright. I wish you good luck for this race.
Harsk: Thanks. Let's just race on Michigan and hope for the best.
 
Reporter: Hugo we're here at Michigan for a test race. How are you feeling today?
Hugo: I'm a bit under the weather to be honest. I'm not sure if it's allergies or if I'm legitimately sick, but I'll work through it.
Reporter: For some reason your one of you teammates hasn't shown up. Do you know anything about it?
Hugo: No and I'm a bit worried. It isn't like Jesus to just disappear like that. I'm tried calling him to no avail. Other members tried with the same results. Let's just hope he calls back soon.
Reporter: One last question. Where do you hope to end up at the end of the race?
Hugo: Well anyone here will tell you first. I'd like it too, but I'll settle for a top 5 finish.
Reporter: Thanks for your time.
Hugo: No problem.
 
VRR Reporter "Alex,Can you win today's race?" Alex "Yeah that's the plan our oval package is really good so we will see."
 
VRR Pit Reporter: The Michigan Test race is moments away. How has your team been preparing?
Camyron: We've tried to work on the consistancy of the car throughout a run. We figured if speed isn't working, lets try outlasting everyone. Hopefully, our Oval program is good enough
VRR Pit Reporter: How has the car been for you throughout the sessions?
Camyron: We've improved on the feel of the car, but again speed is our biggest problem.
VRR Pit Reporter: What are you hoping for in today's race?
Camyron: Honestly, just a top 5 would be something. It would be demanding a lot to win with the pace we've shown
 
After watching the two practice sessions, there were a couple serious accidents and several engine failures. The 300 mile race should be interesting.
 
VRR Pit Reporter: The Michigan Test race is just about to start. How do you rate your chances today?

Andrew Draco: Honestly, I'm looking at this race as a test session for the Indy 500 and a chance to get some seat time in one of these cars. I just want to finish with my Sonic Burger Special in one piece today.

VRR Pit Reporter: Is this your first time racing on Ovals?

Draco: Nah, I ran sprints & midgets on pavement for a while before I started karting and doing sportscar races... But I've never had a chance to drive a missile like one of these on a track like Michigan with 30 other cars at 230 MPH, I'll tell you that much!

VRR Pit Reporter: Is it too dangerous? There's some talk about pack racing and whether or not it's wanted with these kind of cars at the speeds you and the rest of the field are reaching.

Draco: *Shrugs* Racing in and of itself is dangerous. Every driver that decides to strap themself into one of these cars knows that... If they're having any second doubts, they shouldn't be out here in my opinion.

*Awkward Pause*

VRR Pit Reporter: How has the team treated you so far?

Draco: I can't thank the boys and girls at Coca-Cola Blackrose Racing enough for the opportunity to race at Indianapolis after the Indy Lights series folded. They've been more professional to me than any other team I've driven for and I'd love to race full-time in the VRR Straight Talk Indycar Series for them in the future.

VRR Pit Reporter: Best of luck to out there today and that you for your time.

Draco: Thank you.
 
All of it is done and I hope the commentators are up for the drama. Average race speed across 300 miles was 180.7 mph, which is really fast.
 
David Rossi stepped up to the podium and said that a second team for the 500 is a go after 7-Eleven pushed for it.
 
Back