[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,203 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Greetings people, I'm Stefan Montana from San Diego, CA and the second driver for Scuderia Rabia Furiosa. My story is rather interesting because I am the meaning of purpose who's been everywhere from Atlanta to Paris. I used to be a late model driver and actually won at the Atlanta Motor Speedway in 2000.
 
What is the car number for this second SRF car?
 
I will check to see if it loads. If it does, then fantastic, all you would have to do then is fill out the driver form in the OP (original post)
Which one? Under spoilers: Team and Drivers?
 
Which one? Under spoilers: Team and Drivers?
Livery has loaded. You're good as far as that goes. The link to it is under the Points Standings spoiler. It isn't in a spoiler.
 
Livery has loaded. You're good as far as that goes. The link to it is under the Points Standings spoiler. It isn't in a spoiler.
The ratings form? If so, I've finished it. Also @RACECAR the livery is ready if you like to present it.
 
CHEROKEE, NORTH CAROLINA, UNITED STATES--Cherokee Motorsports has announced that their 2017 plans will go along as planned, with Behrris Windross and Clayton Hardy confirmed for 2017 as the factory Audi team. "Right now, Behrris and I are well committed to this team and we've been making great strides. Asides from getting a few sponsors on board with us, the 33 and the 96 are set for 2017."
Jett Raven, who is currently the third Cherokee Motorsports driver, has not been confirmed for 2017. "With Jett, there's issues with sponsorships and just putting pen to paper. We think we can get him to stay for 2017, but if not, we can pick through our options."
Cherokee Motorsports has opened up a Audi invitational test, where fellow Audi teams and drivers will be able to gather at Charlotte Motor Speedway later this year to learn about the engines they will be using in 2016.
 
The sooner I can get all of the car reveal pictures, the better. I plan on making a video with them and revealing the official theme of the 2016 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series, hopefully before we get to Bristol...
 
*Team Owner Conversation With Team*
Reporter: Hey guys mind if I cut in on your conversation for a brief interview?

Seth Smith: No not at all feel free.

Reporter: Question for Thomas, and Mohammad. You both have been fairly consistent during the preseason tests while Matthew continues to fall short. What are your sides of the garage doing differently compared to Matthews?

TR: I think I speak for myself as well as Mohammad when I say, the only thing we are doing differently is setups and the people who are working on our cars back at the shop.

MA: Everything Thomas just said I don't think I could have said better myself. He's 100% right about that.

Reporter: Next question is for Seth. Seth your team seems to have a good handle on most of the tracks on the schedule. What do you feel is the reason for this?

SS: Well we've got a great team of drivers in Thomas, Mohammad, and Matthew. I know Matt has struggled at some of the tracks but it's still only preseason testing. So we have lots of time to get ready.

Reporter: Matthew your best test finish is 16th as of Palm Beach two weeks ago. Any reason behind that?

ME: Well to be honest it's just been rough for my side of the garage. I feel horrible for everyone on this #50 Logan's Roadhouse Audi team. I'm hoping to get my 🤬 together here in Michigan.

Reporter: Last question is for Seth once again. Seth after having a poor showing from Ferrari last season in GT3 you're currently left looking for a new manufacturer. Any current front runners for the team?

SS: I can't really say to much right now. But I can tell you that one manufacturer has dropped off the teams radar. While I can't say much about the tire and car manufacturers we'll possible go with I can confirm Tim Kourting will not be in the car. We've decided to have him focus on the 2016 NASCAR season. We currently have a few young drivers in the works to take his place. Everything should be revealed here in the next few days.

Reporter: Thanks for taking the time to talk with me. Hopefully we can do it again sometime.
 
VRR Reporter: Your team is using the experimental Audi engines. What are the expectations for the weekend?
Clayton Hardy: I think with the way New Jersey went, hopes are high, so we'll see. There's a lot going on so we'll be running in the dark until qualifying.
VRR Reporter: You've been pulling strings behind the scenes, confirming partial 2017 plans. What's required to seal the deal?
Clayton Hardy: The biggest thing is just time. Results are needed to move forward.
VRR Reporter: What are your personal expectations here in Michigan?
Clayton Hardy: I think a top 10 finish would be fantastic.
 
ORLANDO, FLORIDA, UNITED STATES--The Polaris Motorsports squad has been quiet since announcing Lucas Larese for the Indy 500s and a switch to Chevrolet in 2017. Now, they've gone into detail as to what they want to do. "Our objective is to expand to two full time cars in 2017, with the 48 remaining our Indy only machine. Depending on how the season goes will depend on who we try to pull in for that second full time car, but we'd like to promote Lucas up." Team owner/driver Stephanie Porter-Kelley said in an interview. "Sponsorship for the 84 and 48 are already signed and ready. That second full time car is what we need to figure out."
The team, despite pleas from General Motors, will not take the status of factory team, and Porter-Kelley explains why. "To be a factory team is to be a guinea pig. The team's results become reliant on the notion that experiments won't fail or backfire, and we don't want to have that hinder us, so we will steer clear of that and let a different team step forward."
MOTEGI, TOCHIGI, JAPAN--The factory Honda team has spent the last couple of days testing at the Twin Ring Motegi oval getting ready for the upcoming oval races. All four drivers for the team; Kino****a, Venalainen, Jackson, and Gnash; have been running laps in the test. Honda has confirmed that there have not been any engine changes and there was no push to by the Cat Devil Racing team to begin working on development.
 
Lisbon, Portugal- HRSC Racing has announced that the team is planning to expand his teams with 2 full time cars with @Harsk100 on #78 and @GremlinWon on #40 car. The agreement between HRSC and Gremlin's Sponsors isn't finished yet, but they will have the cars ready before 2016 and 2017 season.
HRSC Racing has decided that they will use the engines from the Audi Sport until 2021 season.
 
"I'm really excited for this test race, as I know we've got a great car. Our oval package is really good and I know we can contend for the win. All we have to do is stay out of trouble and then we'll be good to go. We're gonna go and give it our best shot, and hope it's enough!"
 
Lisbon, Portugal- HRSC Racing has announced that the team is planning to expand his teams with 2 full time cars with @Harsk100 on #78 and @GremlinWon on #40 car. The agreement between HRSC and Gremlin's Sponsors isn't finished yet, but they will have the cars ready before 2016 and 2017 season.
HRSC Racing has decided that they will use the engines from the Audi Sport until 2021 season.
I wouldn't work on the cars yet. The 2017 livery requirements are different from 2016.
 
As in, very different. A 2016 livery in 2017 will look ridiculous.
Ridiculous? What do you mean? What is the difference between a 2016 livery and a 2017 livery?
 
Back