[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a stellar weekend by any means for us. Camyron and Henna had a decent day, but Steven had a bad day and I didn't make the finish. So we have to look forward to repeating success at Indy.

At least my race logo looked good in the video. 👍
That it does.

And commentary 5 laps in...:D:tup:. I have to ask, is sparky supplying the salt?

Post-Race Edit: THAT'S GONE WELL!!! Congratulations to SPK for the win, and Angel for shaking the specter of BS....

...also I'll watch for an obituary on either or both Clayton and/or nas in the coming days.

Last edited:
Clayton: "I should be doing college reports"

Nas: "Race cars are more importanter. Especially pretend race cars"

:lol:
As for my result (and the race, really), the less said the better.
Off topic, that may be the worst Mid Ohio mod I've ever seen. That looks nothing like the real thing.

As for my result (and the race, really), the less said the better.
Off topic, that may be the worst Mid Ohio mod I've ever seen. That looks nothing like the real thing.
No it doesn't, but the other one kept crashing for me.

Jamie Ngaire-Jardine has a habit of speaking her mind, something which irritates the rest of the STICS paddock to no end. Now, however it seems to have irritated a prime sponsor for the 2017 season. "I'm slightly upset and frankly, more than a bit salty that Virgin would pull there sponsorship of me and the entire Polaris Motorsports team. However, I managed to get another deal lined up with a different company to provide prime sponsorship and honestly, my gas money week to week. As such, I am proud to welcome Boost Mobile onboard for the 2017 and 2018 season in place of Virgin."
This reporter wonders how long this, and other sponsorship deals will stay intact...

"Overall, not a bad day. Uninteresting and uneventful but given the luck this team has had, I'll take two uneventful finishes over having a nice run that just goes down the toilet. Now its on to Indy and I'm just praying it doesn't end the same way it did the last time for me.

Very important announcement coming at 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time regarding the 2017 Indianapolis 500.

Sunday, 01 January 2017:
Finalization of the 2017 Virtual Reality Racing Indianapolis 500 entry list.
Sunday, 30 April 2017:
Free Practice 1 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
Monday, 01 May 2017:
Free Practice 2 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Tuesday, 02 May 2017:
Free Practice 3 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 03 May 2017:
Free Practice 4 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Thursday, 04 May 2017:
Free Practice 5 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 1:00-2:30 p.m.
Friday, 05 May 2017:
Free Practice 6 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Saturday, 06 May 2017:
Bump Qualification for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 2:00 p.m.
Sunday, 07 May 2017:
Pole Qualification for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 1:00 p.m.
Monday, 08 May 2017:
Free Practice 7 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 09 May 2017:
Free Practice 8 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 3:00-4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 10 May 2017:
Free Practice 9 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 3:00-4:30 p.m.
Thursday, 11 May 2017:
Free Practice 1 for the VRR Freedom 100, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Free Practice 1 for the VRR Coca-Cola Truck Series Indianapolis 250, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Free Practice 2 for the VRR Freedom 100, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Free Practice 2 for the VRR Coca-Cola Truck Series Indianapolis 250, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Qualifying for the VRR Freedom 100, 4:00 p.m.
Friday, 12 May 2017:
VRR Freedom 100 Mile Race, 11:00 a.m.
Qualifying for the VRR Coca-Cola Truck Series Indianapolis 250, 1:00 p.m.
Free Practice 10 for the VRR Indianapolis 500, 3:00-4:00 p.m.
VRR Coca-Cola Truck Series Indianapolis 250, 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, 13 May 2017:
Indianapolis 500 Driver's Parade and Press Day, 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, 14 May 2017:
VRR Pre-Race Show-Indianapolis, 11:00-11:30 a.m.
2017 VRR Indianapolis 500 Mile Race, 12:00 p.m.

All times are in GMT-5.

All Indy 500 practices will be broadcasted, as will the Freedom 100, the Indianapolis 250, and the 3rd VRR Indianapolis 500.

Also an important announcement, beginning in 2017, Crimson Fox ( @Clayton Hardy ) will begin to have exclusive rights to a highlights video for the races and the season. He will also begin having a weekend show discussing things around the B-Spec world. All of the full length races will remain to be on the Virtual Reality Racing channel.

Indy week is upon us, and with opening day being yesterday, here is the practice sessions for yesterday and today.
Indy 500 FP101.PNG
Indy 500 FP102.PNG
Indy 500 FP201.PNG
Indy 500 FP202.PNG

These results are more important than usual, as these results in reverse order will determine the order in which everyone will make their runs for both Bump Day and Carb Day. That means one at a time, in 5 minute intervals, there will be a post being routinely updated with new qualifying speeds. Let the torture begin.

Practice results mean nothing for my performance in general, but especially not in this case because a different weekend is definitely being used for the race

The order for Bump Day qualifying runs on Wednesday will be like this:
10:00 a.m. Sakura Ishibashi @Sakura
10:10 a.m. Andrew Draco @Kingofweasles
10:20 a.m. Mohammad Ahmed @Smurfybug
10:30 a.m. Kunimitsu Kino****a @KuniKino****a
10:40 a.m. Steven Gnash @DCybertron
10:50 a.m. Stephanie Porter-Kelley @amaterasu
11:00 a.m. Jesus Cristobal @Jahgee
11:10 a.m. Jett Raven @raven214
11:20 a.m. Jacob Descoteau @GTRacer22
11:30 a.m. Michael White @Whitetail
11:40 a.m. B.K. Glover @BKGlover
11:50 a.m. Diomedes Nikolaidou @Earth
12:00 p.m. Alan Herrera @AJHG1000
12:10 p.m. Pedro Harsk @Harsk100
12:20 p.m. Stefan Montana @Luis Torres
12:30 p.m. Gary Slater @AudiMan2011
12:40 p.m. Jacob Birmingham @vetteman24
12:50 p.m. Matheus Michelin @Michelin
1:00 p.m. Henna Venalainen @quietgirl
1:10 p.m. Lucas Larese @ScuderiaLucas
1:20 p.m. Treven Robie @trobes29
1:30 p.m. Aaron van der Linden @aarror
1:40 p.m. Nico Costa-Monteiro @Niku Driver HC
1:50 p.m. Camyron Jackson @RACECAR
2:00 p.m. Diego Jaramillo @Suzumiya
2:10 p.m. Sebastian Devereux @nascarfan1400
2:20 p.m. Ryan Perlstein @catamount39
2:30 p.m. Jamie Ngaire-Jardine @RedDragon
2:40 p.m. Alex Rivera @DcrRaikkonen
2:50 p.m. Hugo Del Prete @DurWinning
3:00 p.m. Clayton Hardy @Clayton Hardy
3:10 p.m. Cliff Lagueux @GTracerEHTeam
3:20 p.m. Thomas Rogers @tbwhhs
3:30 p.m. Matthew Evans @swiftsmith
3:40 p.m. Behrris Windross @NearCptNitro
3:50 p.m. Evangeline Porter @Angel

There will be a post made in reserve for the Bump Day results at about 9:30 a.m. the morning of. I'll also be "live" tweeting every half hour.

Stephanie Porter-Kelley has finally broken her silence on her thoughts following day two of practice. "I have a couple major issues with how everything is shaping up. First being that Honda does not have a qualifying trim engine setting unlike Chevy and Audi. In race trim, we're fast, but how many Honda engines will be starting the race Sunday? I can reasonably see the three bumped cars Wednesday being all Honda. My second is with the tires. We will not be able to push the cars on Sunday. Fuel mileage won't be an issue. Keeping the tires from exploding will be. We have the telemetry to kinda say "hey, don't go beyond this lap or don't run more than this on a set of tires", but how many will listen and what accidents will happen? I don't know and I'm afraid we are going to have to wait until Sunday to find out."

After bringing up the rear in practice 2, Aaron Van der Linden talked to Indy radio about his chances for the race. "It's not looking good to be honest, we were solidly in the midpack for P1, but when we tried to trim it out a bit for P2 the handling went to 🤬. And with our Honda engine lacking the qualifying mode that the Chevy's and Audi's have, it's going to be tough. Honestly, I'll be thrilled if we just make the race. Also, looks like I better head over to Cristobal's garage. I could do with a couple Mojitos right now.

Oh good, I'll check in at lunch and see where I make a mess of the order :D.

To Mr. Christobal: Uhh, just be easy on them, aight?
IC: Por suerte , si da la casualidad que necesite un conductor designado , 34 de los buenos conductores y Evangeline Porter será de alrededor
OOC: Shots fired :lol:

Role Play Wise: Yo definitivamente no lo hice intencionalmente el mal prácticas para obtener un tiempo de clasificación temprana para que pueda beber mojitos todo el día ;)
I'm assuming what you are going for is "I definitely did not intentionally have bad practices so I could qualify early and drink mojitos all day." Which actually translates to..."Sin duda alguna no intencionada tengo malas prácticas por lo que podría calificar temprano y bebo mojitos durante todo el día." Just saying.
IC: Por suerte , si da la casualidad que necesite un conductor designado , 34 de los buenos conductores y Evangeline Porter será de alrededor
OOC: Shots fired :lol:
That one came around perfectly well. You little...we still have Ahmed and Harsk and lest we not forget Nas?

I'm assuming what you are going for is "I definitely did not intentionally have bad practices so I could qualify early and drink mojitos all day." Which actually translates to..."Sin duda alguna no intencionada tengo malas prácticas por lo que podría calificar temprano y bebo mojitos durante todo el día." Just saying.

Haha, was waiting for someone to catch Jahgee red handed on his Spanish :lol:

VRR Reporter: I'm here with a rookie for this year's running of the Indianapolis 500, Sakura Ishibashi. Sakura, two practice sessions done and dusted, and your team especially struggled. Can you give insight as to why?
Sakura Ishibashi: *shrugs* Not necessarily. There's a lot of things going on that I think have compounded for the team at a bad time. We're working through it, but we have our work cut out for us to get all five cars in the field for Sunday.
VRR Reporter: This is noted for being your first ever open wheel event. You took the obvious endurance route and have claimed two World titles in the WEC at the very top in LMP1, so while you balance your current WEC campaign, how different is a Le Mans Prototype to the VRR IndyCar?
Sakura Ishibashi: It's a very dramatic difference, even more so when you throw in the difference of venue type. In my Audi LMP1 car, we have a lot of room for our legs compared to the VRR IndyCar. Asides from the obvious visual differences, the IndyCar carries more downforce and more natural horsepower. The prototype benefits from having a hybrid motor for extra power, and that helps us get about 1,000 horsepower, where as here, the V6 turbocharged engines produce 700 horsepower without any hybrid assistance, which shows the competency of the engine makers for the series to pull so much power from such a simple, compact engine.
VRR Reporter: You mentioned the leg space. How condensed is the cockpit of your IndyCar?
Sakura Ishibashi: Very. In the LMP1, we are confined to a limited amount of space, but because we need to climb out quickly for driver changes, the corridor for our legs is way wider to fit a larger scope of drivers. The IndyCar just needs to worry about one driver, so they've gone and molded the foam inside the cockpit to keep me snug in the car. There's very little room asides from where the pedals are and where my knees are.
VRR Reporter: This is your first open wheel event. How much have you been relying on your teammates for help?
Sakura Ishibashi: *chuckles* More than I'm used to. Jerome and I have been going with the team to a lot of the races that we can, and learning with the team on what we need to do. He's been an amazing person to be teamed up with to kind of get ready for this moment. He'll get his soon enough and I'll be able to help him the way he's helped me.
VRR Reporter: Well, Sakura, thanks for sitting and talking to us this morning. Enjoy your day off.
Sakura Ishibashi: Thank you! I certainly will.

Having been spotted several times on the CDR garage in the paddock, rumors have continued to circulate that Jerome Torres is strongly in the works for a race seat for CDR next season. The Filipino driver continue to appease these claims, but says he is quite excited for an opportunity to get his first oval racing experience in the Super Endurance.

Reporter: We're here with Super GT driver and CDR young driver program member Jerome Torres. Jerome, you've mentioned before that you're being hopeful of getting a race seat for Cat Devil Racing next season? With your continued presence here in the paddock, how strong do you think your chances are now?
JT: Like I said before, nothing's still confirmed, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not expecting. Of course being in CDR's young driver programme is quite encouraging with regards to my chances, as I've been able to watch and learn from everyone, which is pretty amazing. I can't stress enough how much different of an environment this is from what I'm used to, so it's going to be crucial to know what to expect, so I'll be prepared when the time comes that I get here. Whether it be for CDR, or for another team, that's something I'll leave for the future.
Reporter: Speaking of different environments, you've been doing pretty well in touring cars and the VRR Super GT series, how does that affect your mindset whenever you're here with the team?
JT: To be honest, being here is a lot more relaxing than being out there in touring cars and Super GT, maybe it's because I don't have to be out there on track? *laughs* Still, it's a bit stressful, balancing my schedules. Two weeks ago I had to race the Integra Touring Cars in Laguna Seca and fly to Monza the very next day for Super GT. Thankfully, I performed well in both race events, so it's helping keep my confidence up, but it gave me quite the jet lag that I had to miss the Subaru Touring Car race at Bathurst because I had to stay an extra day in Italy just to get myself a day's worth of sleep, better to sleep in a comfy hotel bed than in a hospital bed because I fell asleep at the wheel of a racing car. *laughs*
Reporter: Now that your entry for the VRR Super Endurance is all but confirmed, your oval track time comes into question. How do you prepare for this?
JT: Like any rookie driver in any category, you'd want to impress, and while it's true that I've yet to do oval racing in my career, I think this is a great chance to gain some experience. Cat Devil Racing has certainly helped me prepare for this by letting me do some time in the simulators, but once I'm actually out there, I just need to make the most out of practice times and quickly adapt to the car's characteristics, as well as how the racing is going to go.
Reporter: Another driver that we often see alongside you in the CDR garage is Sakura Ishibashi, and now that she's about to make her open-wheel debut here at Indy, how did you and the rest of the team help her prepare for this?
JT: We've known for quite a while that Sakura's going to race here at Indy, so in the past couple months, everyone in the team and our trainers in the driver program really focused on making sure she was well-prepared for this race. Personally, I really think she's ready for this, she actually couldn't stop talking about this last week at Ohio! Right now, we just have to make sure we're there to give her all the support she needs.
Reporter: Is there a rivalry brewing up between you two in the garage or in the CDR's driver program?
JT: Oh no, not at all, not even close! Sakura's been an amazing teammate and she's a fantastic driver. We both come from sportscar racing, so there's a lot of things we get along with, and we're both learning from each other during the course of the program. I just wanted to be here to help her stay in the right mind for the race, this race being her open-wheel debut and all.
Reporter: Last question, given how CDR seemed to struggle in the the practice sessions, what are your expectations for the team on bump day?
JT: I'm actually as excited as my qualifying sessions in Super GT! We all know that the team's practice results could be better, but that hasn't stopped the guys from working very hard here in the garage, which is a good sign. Come Wednesday, I believe the team can get all five cars in for Sunday's race.
Reporter: Thanks for your time, Jerome. We better leave you to get back to the team, enjoy!
JT: No problem, it was a pleasure to be here.

That one came around perfectly well. You little...we still have Ahmed and Harsk and lest we not forget Nas?
I wanted to attack someone who I knew would see and respond to it :lol:, originally I actually had Nas' name there but decided it would be funnier if I put yours

"As much as I have enjoyed the experience flying around the world driving in practice sessions for Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing Team in Formula 1 this year, Indycar and the Indianapolis 500 will always have a place in my heart. It's the race I want to win more than any other...

"I have to admit that I have been under the weather for about a week or so and it showed in the first practice. It didn't help that I didn't really agree with the car's baseline set-up and I was struggling to keep it off of the walls while Angie (Evangeline Porter) plunked it at the top of the time-sheets.

"The second practice session was like a dream. I took a nap in my RV which helped with my headache, the team kind of copied Angie's set-up a little and made adjustments to suit my driving style and bam! We gained about 2 seconds and 6 and a half miles an hour... It just goes to show you how quick fortunes can change at Indianapolis.

Back