[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments

How should the driver names be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An up and down session for Ecurie Ecosse and Gary Slater as the Scot could only muster 21st in FP1 before jumping into the top 6 in FP2. "It's the first time we've been at Indy since the 2015 exhibition.", Slater remarked. "We decided to take a steady approach in FP1 before we could dial it up for FP2."

When asked how he felt for Bump Day qualifying, Slater said, "I'm a bit apprehensive. Being in the top half of the running list means there could be more of a chance of being in the knockout zone. We'll need to make sure the car is hooked up for when we do our runs."

I honestly would be glad to just make it in and there's the possibility I'm guaranteed to with the amount of new inexperienced ones so maybe I can. My confidence though is quite low given the lack of speed shown so far. If I do make the race, then that's gonna be another one I'm not too sure about.

Ahh hell. I've been hearin' the same lines up an' down the garage. "We're worried about bump day! We're worried about the tires! We're worried about the rookies! We're worried about the alcohol!" have been thrown around a dozen times a piece. Where do my thoughts lie? Bah, look at mah season so far. Ah've clipped the top of the mountain and ended up face down in the swamps at the base of it. Ah've been so up an' down so far I got a cease and desist letter from a yo-yo company. Bump day doesn't scare me. Even if I don't make it, I'm done worryin'. Outside of this little realm we got here, things aren't as hunky-dory as they had been, so to be brutally honest wit' ya', I look at all this racin' I get ta do as an escape from the bull Ah have ta swallow and bear. Havin' Michael White as a teammate last year and this has just made it that much more fun no matter what, but we wanna be in it for sure.

Heheheheh... A'course, there's always that chance that me an' Mike can REALLY knock erryone for a loop. We both ran the 500 last year, and while it didn't end that well for us starting on th' pole was incredible. Knowin' how this season's gone, and the words that've been said, if I could do it again this year, I can only imagine that the whole Porter clan might come unhinged. Get pole, then WIN? Hahahaaa...if that happened I think SPK would literally go ballistic. Keep your eyes sharp, anythin' can and will happen.

@Angel will we get to see the chosen race poster, and/or all the entries, before the 500 is released this year?

Ahh hell. I've been hearin' the same lines up an' down the garage. "We're worried about bump day! We're worried about the tires! We're worried about the rookies! We're worried about the alcohol!" have been thrown around a dozen times a piece. Where do my thoughts lie? Bah, look at mah season so far. Ah've clipped the top of the mountain and ended up face down in the swamps at the base of it. Ah've been so up an' down so far I got a cease and desist letter from a yo-yo company. Bump day doesn't scare me. Even if I don't make it, I'm done worryin'. Outside of this little realm we got here, things aren't as hunky-dory as they had been, so to be brutally honest wit' ya', I look at all this racin' I get ta do as an escape from the bull Ah have ta swallow and bear. Havin' Michael White as a teammate last year and this has just made it that much more fun no matter what, but we wanna be in it for sure.

Heheheheh... A'course, there's always that chance that me an' Mike can REALLY knock erryone for a loop. We both ran the 500 last year, and while it didn't end that well for us starting on th' pole was incredible. Knowin' how this season's gone, and the words that've been said, if I could do it again this year, I can only imagine that the whole Porter clan might come unhinged. Get pole, then WIN? Hahahaaa...if that happened I think SPK would literally go ballistic. Keep your eyes sharp, anythin' can and will happen.

@Angel will we get to see the chosen race poster, and/or all the entries, before the 500 is released this year?
Likely on Friday for the poster. Only one was submitted lol

Bump Qualifying, Wednesday, May 11th, 2016.

On the clock (4:00 p.m. EDT): Session completed

Qualifying Standings (all results posted in miles per hour):
#77: Andrew Draco (231.553 mph)
#78: Pedro Harsk (231.137 mph)
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a (230.918 mph)
#11: Alex Rivera (229.786 mph)
#99: Steven Gnash (228.340 mph)
#9: Michael White (228.166 mph)
#22: Jacob Descoteau (227.773 mph)
#76: Nico Costa-Monteiro (227.658 mph)
#96: Clayton Hardy (227.624 mph)
#55: Ryan Perlstein (227.325 mph)
#43: Cliff Lagueux (227.233 mph)
#20: Hugo Del Prete (227.164 mph)
#18: Sakura Ishibashi (227.130 mph)
#6: Diomedes Nikolaidou (226.643 mph)
#14: Jacob Birmingham (226.615 mph)
#24: Jesus Cristobal (226.569 mph)
#25: Stefan Montana (226.467 mph)
#95: Behrris Windross (226.319 mph)
#80: Sebastian Devereux (225.972 mph)
#50: Matthew Evans (225.864 mph)
#7: Evangeline Porter (225.830 mph)
#98: Diego Jaramillo (225.683 mph)
#84: Stephanie Porter-Kelley (225.626 mph)
#87: Henna Venalainen (225.446 mph)
#97: Jett Raven (225.429 mph)
#79: B.K. Glover (225.338 mph)
#5: Mohammad Ahmed (225.304 mph)
#30: Matheus Michelin (225.276 mph)
#92: Treven Robie (225.231 mph)
#51: Alan Herrera (224.899 mph)
#48: Lucas Larese (224.631 mph)
#10: Gary Slater (224.613 mph)
#19: Camyron Jackson (223.431 mph)
#67: Jamie Ngaire-Jardine (222.784 mph)
#27: Aaron van der Linden (219.545 mph)
#2: Thomas Rogers (217.739 mph)

Those in bold are on the bubble of being bumped out of the field.

Last edited:
After improving a lot from the first practice, Jacob Descoteau is very hopeful for today's bump qualifying session. Although he is going out rather early, he believes he'll have a chance at making it at least into the top 15. We were able to get a quick interview in with him just a few minutes ago.

"I'm vey confident about making the field today. The car that the crew back at BRRT gave me is just great. Just a few more small adjustments, and I think I'll be right up there at the top. I'm happy with the car, so hopefully that doesn't change today."

Bump Day Qualifying has begun! Sakura Ishibashi on the board first with a 227.130 mph lap. Up next, Andrew Draco.

broken-f5-button-1038781.jpg

broken-f5-button-1038781.jpg
If you did that after ten minutes, I'm afraid to see what people have done to their keyboards or phones after a few hours.

I know this won't be happening for every race, but I like how this is being done. I like seeing how the times progress through the day. You see Draco's 231 mph lap set at 10:10 a.m. and you begin to wonder "is anyone going to top that?" and to me it makes it a lot of fun to try and figure out how in the hell we haven't hit 233+ by noon over there. Surely track temp has risen enough. Come on guys, don't let Black Rose Racing win this!

And this particular person is the last ****ing person to qualify. I get to watch all of the drama unfold and then set a cruising lap just for giggles.
Like my driver said, qualify early then you have all day to drink and watch cars qualify :lol:

Like my driver said, qualify early then you have all day to drink and watch cars qualify :lol:
Or drink and forget cars were qualifying...let's face it, some will need a lot of forget me juice.

Given what we've seen so far, will probably sort itself out in the race...cause I really don't want to lose another bet.
You should have bet on an actual winning team when you had the chance.

Well if you manage to finish more races, I'll be left with a negative bank coming into next season.
Ehh...CDR can cover that I think unless you bet that much.

Now I'm really scared that I may not qualify as that run was dire. It's squeaky bum time all the way to the end of the session.

Hmm...you just gave me an idea. I think I'll just try to multiply the team's money instead of my bank.
****ing awesome. Just what I needed to do, give that team more ideas.

Back