[VRR][B-SPEC] 2016 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva
  • 3,331 comments
  • 151,178 views

How should the driver names be?


  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
A serious issue happened and required my attention for most of the day. Rest of qualifying will happen beginning noon tomorrow.
Is everything going OK now?
 
Pole qualifying continuing today. Carb Day and Pole Day on the same day.

Session complete.

Qualifying Standings in miles per hour:
#77: Andrew Draco (232.998 mph)
#14: Jacob Birmingham (231.702 mph)
#79: B.K. Glover (231.392 mph)
#7: Evangeline Porter (231.256 mph)
#19: Camyron Jackson (230.598 mph)
#51: Alan Herrera (230.368 mph)
#10: Gary Slater (230.067 mph)
#50: Matthew Evans (229.282 mph)
#30: Matheus Michelin (228.670 mph)
#22: Jacob Descoteau (228.183 mph)
#80: Sebastian Devereux (227.889 mph)
#11: Alex Rivera (227.883 mph)
#55: Ryan Perlstein (227.785 mph)
#48: Lucas Larese (227.670 mph)
#87: Henna Venalainen (227.210 mph)
#95: Behrris Windross (226.472 mph)
#99: Steven Gnash (226.381 mph)
#9: Michael White (226.296 mph)
#24: Jesus Cristobal (226.103 mph)
#43: Cliff Lagueux (226.097 mph)
#78: Pedro Harsk (225.694 mph)
#84: Stephanie Porter-Kelley (225.542 mph)
#92: Treven Robie (225.508 mph)
#98: Diego Jaramillo (224.854 mph)
#25: Stefan Montana (224.624 mph)
#97: Jett Raven (224.579 mph)
#20: Hugo Del Prete (224.574 mph)
#91: Kunimitsu Kino****a (224.540 mph)
#18: Sakura Ishibashi (223.792 mph)
#96: Clayton Hardy (223.386 mph)
#6: Diomedes Nikolaidou (223.148 mph)
#5: Mohammad Ahmed (221.861 mph)
#76: Nico Costa-Monteiro (221.147 mph)

Starting Grid: (Inside, Outside)
Row 1: Draco, Birmingham
Row 2: Glover, Porter
Row 3: Jackson, Herrera
Row 4: Slater, Evans
Row 5: Michelin, Descoteau
Row 6: Devereux, Rivera
Row 7: Perlstein, Larese
Row 8: Venalainen, Windross
Row 9: Gnash, White
Row 10: Cristobal, Lagueux
Row 11: Harsk, Porter-Kelley
Row 12: Robie, Jaramillo
Row 13: Montana, Raven
Row 14: Del Prete, Kino****a
Row 15: Ishibashi, Hardy
Row 16: Nikolaidou, Ahmed
Row 17: Costa-Monteiro
 
Last edited:
So the guy who's been lambasted all year so far for such potato driving is currently on pole. I think we see where his ratings all went.
 
So the guy who's been lambasted all year so far for such potato driving is currently on pole. I think we see where his ratings all went.
The thing is qualifying ratings don't affect this kind of qualifying as it's being done in a race (I'm assuming @Angel is doing short races as NR2003's qualifying only keeps track of the best lap each car has)
 
The thing is qualifying ratings don't affect this kind of qualifying as it's being done in a race (I'm assuming @Angel is doing short races as NR2003's qualifying only keeps track of the best lap each car has)
Actually I'm using the qualifying results for the race itself. Had I have known there were alternate ways for doing qualifying before I ran the race in January, I would have done something far more creative. But next year will be grand.
 
Cat Devil Racing next year stands in one of the best positions as a team in the VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series. Team owner Kunimitsu Kino****a however, has made a bit of an offer towards rival team Ecurie Ecosse. "I think there's no need to cover the loss Aaron will be for that team. But Audi has come to us saying they would like to continue utilizing Sakura as much as they can, and that includes here. If we are able to come to terms, I would be open to letting her move to that team next year. Our primary goal has been to promote Asian talent, and Sakura is one of the best we have. As much as I'd like to say 'nope, she is ours', we have to remember that her success is only better as far as perception in our home markets go. It only helps our cause." Sakura Ishibashi is currently campaigning in the 2016 World Endurance Championship with Audi Sport in LMP1, having been in Audi's endurance program since 2010.
 
Having been approached by Cat Devil Racing owner Kunimitsu Kino****a, Ecurie Ecosse team principal Steven McTavish and main driver Gary Slater have come out and said they will look to open talks with the Japanese team over driver Sakura Ishibashi.

McTavish stated, "We'll look to speak with Miss Kino****a about the possibility of letting Miss Ishibashi run with us next season. We understand that she is currently committed to CDR, but if Audi wants to continue to utilise her services, we are open to look at a temporary deal to let her drive the second Ecurie Ecosse car."

Slater said, "It's an interesting development that the main CDR Honda team is willing to lend one of their drivers to us after we had to cut ties with Aaron. Even if it's only for a one season deal, it would be fantastic to have Sakura at Ecurie Ecosse as well as willing to learn from the experience and knowledge she brings from both CDR and Audi Sport in the WEC. We'll see how these talks develop."
 
No pole this time, but I'm still finding my bit in all this funny.
 
No pole this time, but I'm still finding my bit in all this funny.
In a Black Rose Racing sandwich.
 
And qualifying is now over!
 
"Awesome! I'm so ecstatic for the race! All 5 BRRT cars in the top 11? You've got to be kidding me?! Hell yeaaa! I'm so happy for everyone on the team. It's such a testament to how together we all are, which is important for a race team. Locking out the front row is a great accomplishment. Being a part of Black Rose Racing Team this year is just great. Here's to a great performance in the race!"
 
1409927138329.png

"2 straight pole runs right on the edge in 3 days... It feels like my heart is pounding through my chest right now and I'm a kid on Christmas Eve all over again! Again, all thanks to Coca-Cola Black Rose Racing and the crew working on my #77 for preparing such an awesome ride.

"I think the stoppage yesterday (For thunderstorms) helped us out, because the track was a lot faster today and the team were able to fine-tune the set-up on the whole fleet of cars overnight, which really shows when you see Angie (Evangeline Porter), Sebastian, JD (Jacob Descoteau) & JB (Jacob Birmingham) all up in the first third of the field.

"As for me...? I kind of was hoping that the track would pick up more rubber as the session today went on and the temperatures would start cooling off when I made my run... And believe me, I count my lucky stars that's what happened. The run itself? Eh, I don't know... I might be getting numb to running flat-out because the car felt like a dream out there today compared to how it felt like I was just trying to avoid the inevitable on Bump Day.

"Here's to it not turning into a nightmare on raceday Y'all; I got to get ready for Carb Day practice and figure out a baseline for the 500."
 
Honestly, I was not expecting a top 5 start after the lackluster running I had. its wonderful for the team, they've really improved the car. Its shame my teammates couldn't join me. As good as feel about it though, I have a strange feeling about something. I don't what it is, but I've never had the butterflies in my stomach about a race like I do now.
 
Last edited:
Actually I'm using the qualifying results for the race itself. Had I have known there were alternate ways for doing qualifying before I ran the race in January, I would have done something far more creative. But next year will be grand.
Yeah, have you got the save editor? I can post the zip for it if you don't have it already
 
Yeah, have you got the save editor? I can post the zip for it if you don't have it already
I do not, but you picked up where my plans were headed.
 
Pole Day for Cat Devil Racing was not the best of days. Camyron Jackson qualified as the fastest Honda in 5th, behind 3 of the 5 Black Rose Racing cars, as well as the Audi of B.K. Glover. Henna Venalainen could only muster 17th, while Steven Gnash only managed 19th. Defending Indy 500 champion Kunimitsu Kino****a only qualified 28th, with Sakura Ishibashi qualifying 29th. "We were all over the place." Kino****a said post qualifying. "The one time the weather and the wind remained consistent, we couldn't hardly get two consistent laps in. I'm proud of Camyron for representing the team well, but for the rest of us, we need to regroup for Sunday."
 
VRR Reporter: Sakura, pole day is done and dusted. You're in the big dance, but you'll be at the back. How are you feeling with that?
Sakura Ishibashi: It isn't the best feeling in the world. We're in, as you said, which is a beautiful thing to really ponder over, but we have a mountain to climb, and on race day, that'll be the daunting part for me.
VRR Reporter: Some news has gathered around you possibly moving to Ecurie Ecosse for a full time ride next year. Can you give us any insight on that?
Sakura Ishibashi: Yeah, talks have kinda started. Audi Sport, my current large time employers at the moment want to see me continue with them in any way they can, and if IndyCar is to become my new home, then they want to remain with me as I switch from Europe to North America.
VRR Reporter: How far along are those talks?
Sakura Ishibashi: Not very as far as the teams go. CDR has known of this since before they signed me that Audi wanted me to remain under their umbrella, but when Audi ran out of engine contracts that they could hand out, CDR and Honda was the only choice, and they did a great job of accepting that. 2017 will be a big new year, and Audi want to prevent that from happening again. At the same time, if this does go through, CDR have to fill that fourth seat, and they currently don't have anyone that they want to make that devoted leap with, so they have to go shopping for a new full time driver. I don't think it's a secret that Jerome is already slotted into a full time seat next year. I think the secret is what the sponsors will be, so that makes Kuni's job harder because there was no "plan E" or what have you. If this goes through, it will with the security that CDR has found someone they can safely put in the 18 car next year.
VRR Reporter: So your number will be different if you move?
Sakura Ishibashi: Yeah. It gives me a bit of freedom really to decide what number will mark this new chapter in my career.
VRR Reporter: Any ideas on what number you would want to use.
Sakura Ishibashi: Honestly, number 13 sounds appealing to me. I have considered other numbers like 3, 8, and 11, but 13 to me is such a rarely used number, and I want to make that number synonymous with something good.
VRR Reporter: Any ideas on what sponsors you'll have?
Sakura Ishibashi: Kinda, but I'm not allowed to say anything until this whole thing is settled.
VRR Reporter: Focusing back on this year. You have a limited schedule. How do you maximize the amount of time you have to make an impression.
Sakura Ishibashi: I know it won't be easy, but it's straight forward and easy to translate. Win. Go out there and do everything you can to win. Accept nothing less than 110% on the track, and leave nothing left to show when the checkered flag falls. The sponsors cannot get pissed at you if you can show that you did everything you could in that day.
VRR Reporter: That's your key to success?
Sakura Ishibashi: Well, that and try not to be Angel Porter. It gets pretty difficult being a concubine I hear.
 
Amazing F1 race we get to follow up after. 2016 Indy 500 goes green at 1:00 p.m. Eastern, about 2 hours and 45 minutes from now.
 
Amazing F1 race we get to follow up after. 2016 Indy 500 goes green at 1:00 p.m. Eastern, about 2 hours and 45 minutes from now.
I can't take anymore excitement...
 
The 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 is almost live. Some minor issues that are being cleared up while it finishes processing. For some reason, that slowed down way more that usual. It's worth the wait though, so go get some lunch and relax.

 
The 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 is almost live. Some minor issues that are being cleared up while it finishes processing. For some reason, that slowed down way more that usual. It's worth the wait though, so go get some lunch and relax.


Well...destiny awaits.
 
The 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 is almost live. Some minor issues that are being cleared up while it finishes processing. For some reason, that slowed down way more that usual. It's worth the wait though, so go get some lunch and relax.


/s :lol:
 
The 2016 VRR GTPlanet Indianapolis 500 is almost live. Some minor issues that are being cleared up while it finishes processing. For some reason, that slowed down way more that usual. It's worth the wait though, so go get some lunch and relax.



I guess I'll listen to some music to get in the mood.
 
@Angel in future races, whenever someone retires, a freeze frame should be shown of their car with this in the background :lol:
 
@Angel in future races, whenever someone retires, a freeze frame should be shown of their car with this in the background :lol:

Maybe for a one off non canonical race coming this holiday season...
 
Back