[VRR][B-SPEC] 2017 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 1,040 comments

What Sponsor Would You Want For 2018-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
News for the day.
Audi, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Ford, and Honda have all sent a base engine to VRR headquarters for approval, with all but Ford already beginning testing. But Aston Martin could be in jeopardy. Perl Speed GP, who have been in a state of flux since their owner Ryan Perlstein was seriously hurt at Indianapolis, have not submitted their 2017 Aston Martin engine and as a result, the marque could be removed and replaced by a different manufacturer. Toyota and Renault both have sent in separate letters of intent for wanting to join the series should one of the existing manufacturers fall out of the series. With the August 13th deadline approaching, Aston Martin needs to get on the ball or Swift Autosport and Perl Speed GP could be forced to look for a different engine supplier.

News for the day.
Audi, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Ford, and Honda have all sent a base engine to VRR headquarters for approval, with all but Ford already beginning testing. But Aston Martin could be in jeopardy. Perl Speed GP, who have been in a state of flux since their owner Ryan Perlstein was seriously hurt at Indianapolis, have not submitted their 2017 Aston Martin engine and as a result, the marque could be removed and replaced by a different manufacturer. Toyota and Renault both have sent in separate letters of intent for wanting to join the series should one of the existing manufacturers fall out of the series. With the August 13th deadline approaching, Aston Martin needs to get on the ball or Swift Autosport and Perl Speed GP could be forced to look for a different engine supplier.
Ah **** I knew there was something I forgot...I mean my secretary forgot to do... :embarrassed: :scared: :dunce: .

Maranello are having to make due with what they have. Ferrari, being the supplier of 5 cars in 2017, had hoped that more teams would switched to Ferrari power. “Chevrolet has the massive numbers advantage over everyone else.” FIAT boss Sergio Marchionne said about the situation. “Black Rose Racing have been doing the best they can for us, and there's a couple of things that we can try to push ourselves further, but with Chevrolet as it is, the rest of us are climbing a hill.”
The problem Marchionne is referring to is the following: Of the 30 full time entries, 11 of them are under Chevrolet power. There's also an additional two entries that are running limited schedules. With Eiffel Tower Racing Team also considering Chevrolet power, the cards are stacked against Ferrari, Honda, Audi, but especially Aston Martin and Ford, who combined just have 5 full time cars representing them.
VRR CEO Evangeline Porter, who also is the owner of the factory Ferrari team, is torn between the two sides. “I certainly can't disagree with what Sergio has said.” She stated, “But at the same time, the teams had free reign over which engines they wanted to use. We'll see how the season progresses if none of the teams move from Chevy.”
The Straight Talk IndyCar Series will be visiting Watkins Glen International in 2017, but they will not be using the longer GP layout as open wheel have done in the past. VRR has confirmed that the series and the accompanying Coca-Cola Truck Series will be using the 2.45 mile stock car layout instead of the 3.37 mile layout with the legendary “boot”. VRR have claimed that this is being done out of interest of creating better action on track for the fans on race day. “We easily could have used the long layout.” VRR CEO Evangeline Porter stated. “The Trucks have tested there and handled it well. We just believe that the shorter layout will be more appealing to fans that may be unsure about how our series will perform there. Once we know if the track will produce a stable amount of fans, we may open up and use the boot.”

Evangeline Porter has revealed that she no longer has any desires to start a race at all in the 2017 VRR Straight Talk IndyCar Series season. Instead, she intends to put a different driver in the #81 for the full season. "The more I thought about it, the more I began to want out of starting at all. I have a team operation to look after and a series to promote. Taking on more responsibility by racing in the largest field imaginable doesn't help me take care of my business matters."
The seat is rumored to be filled by a new driver, making the team an even split of rookies and experienced drivers. There are two leading contenders for that seat; 25 year old Chilean Mia Valdez and 23 year old Swiss racer Nicole Liechti. Valdez has been racing most recently in the GP2 Series, currently one of the top three battling for the championship, while Liechti has been racing in Super Formula, having finished 2nd in points in 2014 and 2015 and sitting as championship leader currently. Valdez has won championships in GP3, and European Formula 3, while Liechti has won just one championship in Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0. Porter has refused to comment on what sponsorship plans will entail or when the driver announcement will be, but has said that Rolex will be remaining as primary sponsor on the car for the time being.

Admit it, you liked what you saw.
hqdefault.jpg

VRR has formally come out to share what teams portfolios will possibly look like entering the 2017 season. Below will be a listing of expenses and then a listing of support mechanisms for the team based on each entry.

2017 Starting Expenses Per Entry:
2 Dallara HV17 Chassis=$800,000
2 Dallara HV17 Aero Kits=$140,000
2 6-Speed Hewland Transmissions=$40,000
2 V6 Twin Turbo Engines=$400,000
VRR Entry Fee (Full Time)=$500,000
Team Operations Costs=$250,000
Total Expenses Per Full Time Entry: $2,130,000

2017 Starting Support Per Entry:
Primary Sponsorship*=$500,000
Secondary Sponsorship*=$500,000
Associate Sponsorship*=$150,000 each (up to 4 possible)
Total Benefits At Season Start=$1,600,000 maximum
*-Unrealistic Sponsorship will earn less depending on VRR's decision.

As you can see, success is immediately important. This does not include the requirements for tires and fuel for each race weekend, nor does it count for team's possible 2016 balance or debt.

VRR has also released how much it is asking of teams and venues for the 2017 season.
Entry Fee For Full Time Entries=$500,000
Entry Fee For Part Time Entries=$65,000 per event
Sanctioning Fee For Hosting Venues=$2,500,000-$6,000,000
Series Title Sponsorship=$3,500,000

VRR Sanctioning Fees are tiered on the following scale:
Tracks with less than 100,000 seats: $2,500,000
Tracks with 100,000-150,000 seats: $4,000,000
Tracks with over 150,000 seats: $6,000,000

The following tracks have an exemption from the sanctioning fee in place by VRR for 2017: Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Gateway Motorsports Park.

Interesting to see that Indy does not have an exemption from the sanctioning fee. And of my god, the Upton squad have a gigantic bill. @Jahgee you poor man. Literally.

Interesting to see that Indy does not have an exemption from the sanctioning fee. And of my god, the Upton squad have a gigantic bill. @Jahgee you poor man. Literally.
Indy is not our home venue, so no, they are not exempt from the $6,000,000 sanctioning fee.

So he's literally here on prayer and possibly drugs?

For those that may be interested, I'm looking to set up a creative group, a group for paint scheme makers and logo makers. My interest is to give everyone more options as to who can make liveries rather than load one person down with loads of requests. If you can make paint schemes, or want to make race logos, let me know please. Deadlines for paint schemes is coming up in a couple months, but the sooner I get some in, the easier for me it will be to keep up with filling out the AI stats in game.

I can provide a set of previously private Indycar bases, but I don't like painting myself on the template

EDIT: Went and looked again, it's not bases it's cars, but people can photoshop the numbers off and put their own on if desired

For those that may be interested, I'm looking to set up a creative group, a group for paint scheme makers and logo makers. My interest is to give everyone more options as to who can make liveries rather than load one person down with loads of requests. If you can make paint schemes, or want to make race logos, let me know please. Deadlines for paint schemes is coming up in a couple months, but the sooner I get some in, the easier for me it will be to keep up with filling out the AI stats in game.

That sounds like a great idea 👍 I know several people here who definitely can paint some cars.

Now weigh me down again, I need to make ends meet :lol:

NDG1492_AJFoytch_SS.pta.png

NDG1814_HuertasCafeBlue_SS.pta.car.png

NDG2577b_ONGAIS_SS.pta.png

NDG2577a_ONGAIS_RC.pta.png

NDG44_BWW_RC.pta.png

SDG70_GTX_RC.pta.png

SDG70_GTX_Oval.pta.png

NDG38_MB_RC.pta.png

NDG99_ODepot_OC.pta.png

NDG99_ODepot_RC.pta.png

NDG66_Sunoco_RC.pta.png

NDG304_HCMTP_SS.pta.png

NDG2714b_JHinchcliffe.RC.cup.png

NDG2113c_jnC21_SS.pta.png

NDG6714_JN_FLA_RC.pta.png

NDG6714c_JNHOil_RC.pta..png

NDG6714b_JNStrike_SS0.png

NDG2602_ptkgreen_RC.pta.png

NDG2602_ptkgreen_SS.pta.png

NDG814b_RBNTT_RC.png

NDG606_Shjr_MTP_SS.pta.png

NDG7712_HP_RC.pta.png

NDG7714_SPOculus_RC.pta.png
Some of those look neat. Others break the livery rules in some way or form.

Ready to help however I can.

Back