[VRR][B-SPEC] 2017 Straight Talk IndyCar Series Season

• Thread starter Eva
  • 1,040 comments

What Sponsor Would You Want For 2018-2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eva
Uploading has started. Moving slowly, but they're coming.

pyFY72V.gif

Power went out so uploads failed. Restarted and will be posted as soon as they are done.

Whats the deal with them sausages, Charlie? JK, ho are the uploads looking?
Shanghai still in the process. Kentucky on the queue. Even if I don't post them immediately, I'd keep an eye on the channel tomorrow.

Update on race videos: Due to how slow they are moving, having them just pop up randomly through the week makes no sense. Races will be up next Sunday. Shanghai will come out at 1:00 p.m. Eastern, while Kentucky will come out at 4:00 p.m. Eastern. Once Indianapolis is out of the way, expect two races or more a weekend until we are caught up.

In 2018, Striker Motorsports will be bringing three of the four drivers from 2017 back, with Stephanie Porter-Kelley, Jacob Descoteau, and Diego Jaramillo being confirmed. With the team undergoing restructuring, the question lingered as to if the team would just stay at three cars. That has now been ruled out, with Porter-Kelley confirming that the owner's points determine the pre-qualifying exemptions: "Unless Eiffel Tower purchased the owner points, we still have four cars in the top 24 in points. So we will run all four cars in 2018. And we are open to talking to drivers."

Just a reminder that today is a mega race day. Shanghai in a little over two hours, with Kentucky coming out at 4:00 p.m. Eastern. Both will be posted here with the appropriate tags. Also, tonight will be the unveiling of the 2018 calendar and series logo.

Sorry for the double post, but the reason why the results for Shanghai race are so weird will be explained when Kentucky comes out. In short, there was a malfunction with the air pumps controlling the jacks for the cars on pit lane for a few laps.

YAAAY!

Wait...Ford/Cosworth cars all starting at the veeery back? The 🤬 happened here?

Lechti off with a hell of a start...AND SHE'S BINNED IT!

Where am I? Yep, dead last. All is right with the world. It's gonna take some shenanigans for me to do well.

Is it a bad thing that my eyes are immediately drawn toward cars I designed when they come on screen?

OK, is it the cars or the drivers that are the Ford problem? Adrian and Ray are making it look more like I'm the problem.

That was an odd caution.

Lap 40:...Hey! How'd I get to 9th? All three of us in the top 10!?

After pit stops:...4th!? What king of VooDoo is this!?

4 to go: How the 🤬 🤬 did I get past Mike!?!

2 to go: I'M MAKING UP TIME! FFS!

Congratulations, Draco. It didn't look easy until the end.

I am so confused by my driver, my engines, and my crew. I think a restructure of the 79 may have to be done.

"It wasn't our best run in the race but we had some good scraps throughout. Draco's move on Lap 30 was rather forceful and I had to go off the track limits to avoid getting spun around. It lost me a lot of momentum since Torres got past as well on the front straight and Ishibashi nearly did the same too going through the Turn 1/2/3 complex. I'm still happy we managed to scrape a top 10 finish."- Gary Slater, Ecurie Ecosse

Alex "We passed alot of cars and then had a problem on the stop but alot of positives to take away from here."
Alex- "Alot of luck got us to the front but it was going pretty well until we had a vibration after the restart and had to box. I feel like we gave a win away and 31 important points in championship."

And now it's time for more questionable driving with B.K. Glover.

...Dammit Eva! The video won't load fast enough for me to skip those!

...And she's off...🤬 again.

These cars look better with the black wheels to me. They look right almost.

C'mon RAY!

WTF happened to Devereux?

GO RAY GO!!! Be careful on that apron!

GNASH GOES LAME FROM THE LEAD...AND IT'S NOT A CAUTION!!! Wait...

Please tell me you're getting paid for these.

YEAH RAY!

I'm convinced the engine is still not powerful enough.
<YouTube refresh, 🤬 you Hughes>
Jeeeesus Christ, that was scary to watch.

Good...good...****...not good...OK...OH FFS! Really!
<later>
What kinda move was that?

Oh **** you stewards. *Restart* Oh **** All you ****s!

GODDAMMIT, MY FOOT'S WELDED TO THE FLOOR! I WANT MY DAMN LAP BACK!

*sigh* It's officially a broadcast. Caution while at commercial.

*79 gets lap back, immediately flies up track* GET THE **** BACK DOWN THERE BEFORE I TEAR YOUR *** FROM YOUR SKULL AND BURY YOU WITH YOUR OWN SPINE!!!

*back of pack*...**** it. Doesn't matter anymore. Park the car, you aren't gonna use it. I don't care.

I'm...soooo pissed.

"Coming into this race gave me concerns about reliability due to the huge race distance. We really needed to work hard to come from really deep in the pack so to grab 4th place is a huge achievement. It's definitely a much better feeling after the disastrous race I had here last year.

I hope all those involved in the huge accident are okay, especially Stephanie, since the team told me she was unresponsive to the safety team when they were attending to her."

Following a massive crash at Kentucky, Stephanie Porter-Kelley was transported to a nearby hospital in an unresponsive state. The morning after, Porter-Kelley is conscious, and the injuries she received have been disclosed by the team. On top of the concerns of a concussion, SPK has four broken bones in her right foot and bruising on her right forearm from the accident. It is likely that she will miss the first couple days of Indy 500 practice.

RRR has stated that they will no longer go out and expand their numbers, going to stick with Kevin Ritter as the sole driver.

Reason stated is because this offer was originally meant to save Honda as RRR have been loyal to the brand however with teams signing the new Honda off, RRR has decided to move its efforts into supporting their own car and driver.

While Alpine, Chevrolet, Ferrari and Ford will all be using V8 engines in 2018, Honda has confirmed that it would be using the final 2017 spec engines for the next season, marking the first time in the 21st century that a season will be contested by two different engine configurations. Honda's reasoning is behind the resurgence of Honda entries coming way too late to begin testing of a V8 engine. However, they have taken solace in the idea that three powerhouse teams have joined Honda's presence, and were grateful of those that stayed. "We didn't know if 2018 was viable for us...RRR are owed appreciation for keeping us in the hunt for more entries."
Nazareth Speedway is well on its way to making a grand reappearance. VRR CEO Eva Porter confirmed that the track is well into renovations and would be on the 2018 calendar. A televised race test is also scheduled for later this year at the venue as a celebration. "To see Nazareth back to life is an amazing thing. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a very successful event."

The last time the VRR IndyCar Series visited Twin Ring Motegi, only one Japanese driver was in the field and finished runner up. In 2018, there will be two attempting to race in their home race. Sakura Ishibashi is excited to have a chance to race at Motegi, as she spoke to press following the unveil of what has been dubbed as the formal 2018 calendar: "To have a chance to compete in a race at home is special, especially given how much interest in the series has peaked in Japan. I want to do the absolute best I can and hopefully bring home a win there." The Motegi race will take place on the oval, like in 2016, and will be 300 miles. VRR officials are open to making the event longer depending on the fanfare around the event and Honda's support if the event.

Hey Eva,

Is there a a 2018 season thread started? Should we be on the look out for that this weekend? Will the 2018 template/driver ratings sheet be included in the thread?

Hey Eva,

Is there a a 2018 season thread started? Should we be on the look out for that this weekend? Will the 2018 template/driver ratings sheet be included in the thread?
The thread has not been started, but the driver ratings sheet will be the same found in this season's thread.

A public reminder before the 2018 thread goes up on Sunday. The members that change their AI stats for 2018 will not be able to change them again for the remainder of the time that their driver is active. All new drivers have one change at their disposal after this year if they so choose.

Striker Motorsports is officially opening it's fourth full time seat to any free agents able to bring the sponsorship to fund it, according to team owner Stephanie Porter-Kelley. The team, which has confirmed three of its four cars, will be fielding talks from any free agents at their leisure. If no interest is shown in the seat, then the seat will be closed and Striker will compete in 2018 as a three car team. "We have funding well sorted with myself, Jacob, and Diego. That fourth seat needs to be filled soon so the team is put together for testing in Barcelona in September."

Eva
A public reminder before the 2018 thread goes up on Sunday. The members that change their AI stats for 2018 will not be able to change them again for the remainder of the time that their driver is active. All new drivers have one change at their disposal after this year if they so choose.
If we keep our driver, can we use the stats from this season? (I don't remember what I chose :P)

If we keep our driver, can we use the stats from this season? (I don't remember what I chose :P)
Yes. It keeps people like me from trying to min/max the driver from year to year...which is why I'm having to think hard about what I can do to fix the 79 team because I don't remember everything, but I sure as hell know what the dump stats were.

Back