[VRR][B-SPEC] 2018 VRR Rolex GT Endurance Championship

• Thread starter Eva
  • 229 comments
I guess #25 will be the primary one.

Also with all these real names from multiple racing series, fake names and even some celebrity names, this is turning into one crazy Deviantart fanfiction :lol:
Celebrities aren't allowed. But to my knowledge, Richard Hammond does have a racing license in real life.

Stewart and O'Ryan are the primary.

If you would prefer, I can swap Hammond for Alexis Rainsford, if ficticious drivers from other series are allowed

(snip)...this is turning into one crazy Deviantart fanfiction :lol:
Trust me when I say you don't know what a motorsport fanfiction's true form is until you've got 15-year-old and 16-year-old schoolgirl racing prodigies (and some happen to be anime expies) tearing up Bathurst/Mount Panorama at midnight with seven hundred horsepower "GT500s" and "GT1s".

THAT is insane fanfiction. Crackfic, as fanfic writers will term it. I'm totally fine with that, however...

Stewart and O'Ryan are the primary.

If you would prefer, I can swap Hammond for Alexis Rainsford, if ficticious drivers from other series are allowed
Ficticious drivers that are not yours are not allowed.

Amazing job. I'm really sorry I didn't send you the bare ones, I spent most of the day in one of my programs and trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

Thanks, it wasn't a problem. I was able to find some.

#35 Apex Racing Jaguar XKR
Driver 1: Timur Afanasyev (RUS)
Driver 2: Lucas Walsh (GBR)

Tire Manufacturer: Michelin

#34 is the primary car. I would also like to know what font the number is supposed to be, or is it something that will come with the templates overall?

Edit: forgot countries

The font is Graystroke Italic

You'd have to ask @tbwhhs about number font.

If you would like I could make the numberplates for all the cars.

Number plates for everyone at the moment have been made by @tbwhhs
#03.png
#04.png
#05.png
#06.png
#07.png
#08.png
#09.png
#13.png
#14.png
#17.png
#18.png
#19.png
#21.png
#22.png
#25.png
#27.png
#29.png
#32.png
#33.png
#34.png
#35.png
#40.png
#44.png
#48.png
#50.png
#55.png
#56.png
#57.png
#62.png
#77.png
#78.png
#81.png
#82.png
#84.png
#86.png
#87.png
#91.png
#96.png
#99.png

As of today November 25th 2016, Swift Autosport will no longer be a one owner program. The current owner of Ahmed Autosport, Mohammad Ahmed will be part owner of Swift Autosport. He will be in charge of the Endurance Series part of things for the 2017 season and on. When we asked now Co-Owner Seth Smith his thoughts he had this to say. "I'm very happy to have the help from Mohammad. I'm sure he and his team can bring great things over to the shop and help us out greatly. And I feel this partnership will be beneficial for both of us."

Finances will be a part of this series, just not for this season. Sponsorship rules are quite different for this series than they are for IndyCar, so I'll be working on the more in depth rules during the season. Also, here's a list of all the current entries for 2017. Reminder that there isn't really an upper limit on how many entries can be registered for the season, though only 34 will race in the actual events.
  1. #3 Impulse Racing Audi R8 LMS
  2. #4 PWRBand Team Nismo UK Nissan GT-R GT3
  3. #5 Swift Autosport Lamborghini Huracan GT3
  4. #6 TRB Motorsports Lamborghini Huracan GT3
  5. #7 Black Rose Racing Ferrari 488 GT3
  6. #8 Red Stallion Motorsports Ferrari 488 GT3
  7. #9 TRB Motorsports Lamborghini Huracan
  8. #13 TBA Racing Porsche 997 GT3
  9. #14 Red Stallion Motorsports Ferrari 488 GT3
  10. #17 Team Pezzarinho McLaren 650S GT3
  11. #18 Team Pezzarinho McLaren 650S GT3
  12. #19 Cat Devil Racing SRT Viper GT3
  13. #21 Impulse Racing Audi R8 LMS
  14. #22 Okuma Motorsports Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  15. #25 R.R.R Dragon Rivals Chevorlet Corvette C7.R
  16. #27 Allstar Racing Saleen Mustang GT3
  17. #29 Okuma Motorsports Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
  18. #32 Team Racerworkz BMW Z4 GT3
  19. #33 Team Racerworkz BMW Z4 GT3
  20. #34 Apex Racing Jaguar XKR-S GT3
  21. #35 Apex Racing Jaguar XKR-S GT3
  22. #40 McGill Racing Alfa Romeo 8C GT3
  23. #44 PWRBand Team Nismo UK Nissan GT-R GT3
  24. #48 Polaris Motorsports Mercedes AMG GT3
  25. #50 Swift Autosport Aston Martin Vantage GT3
  26. #55 Perl-Speed GP Aston Martin Vantage GT3
  27. #56 Perl-Speed GP Aston Martin Vantage GT3
  28. #57 Scuderia Rabia Furiosa McLaren 650S GT3
  29. #62 Cherokee Motorsports Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
  30. #77 Folspourt Racing Team Renault R.S. 01
  31. #78 Folspourt Racing Team Renault R.S. 01
  32. #81 Black Rose Racing Ferrari 488 GT3
  33. #82 R.R.R Dragon Rivals Saleen Mustang GT3
  34. #84 Polaris Motorsports Mercedes AMG GT3
  35. #86 Sovereign Squadra Corse Italia Alfa Romeo 8C GT3
  36. #87 Sovereign Engineering Alfa Romeo 8C GT3
  37. #91 Cat Devil Racing SRT Viper GT3
  38. #96 Cherokee Motorsports Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
  39. #99 Phantom Motors Porsche 997 GT3
Of the 39 entries currently listed, the #13 entry and the Swift Autosport cars need to register tire suppliers at least, with the #13 entry also needing a team name and primary sponsor filled out.

Also, moving forward the due date for liveries to January 16th, 2017 to give time for the cars to make it to Paul Ricard.

For those waiting, the templates for the cars being used have been added to the OP.

Originally posted on Racing.com

Phantom Motorsports co-owner Jean-Claude Gabriel has admitted that plans for a title sponsor for the upcoming 2017 VRR GT Endurance Championship is "Coming Along Later Than Expected", but intends to make a formal announcement in the coming weeks.

"These things always take time and as I'm committed to finding sponsorship outside of my family's companies, so there's a lot of back-and-forth. In truth, this whole program is coming along later than I expected it to, but everyone at the shop fully expects to be ready by the first test of the season."

Gabriel, 26, is transitioning into the role of owner/driver this season following a fruitless attempt to enter the VRR Indycar Series as a driver and several years away from the sport managing his family's various trust & hedge funds. While he hasn't ruled out a future Phantom Motorsports VRR Indycar program, for now Gabriel is focused on the season at hand and getting reacquainted with the ins and outs of sportscar racing.

"Driver changes are still something I'm struggling with, but Andrew is a good friend of mine and I'm delighted to have him driving with me this season."

Andrew Draco declined to comment on rumors linking him to Phantom Motorsports "Silent Partner", but stated "Aside from Evangeline Porter, Jean's support throughout my career has been the single biggest reason why I'm still racing and I'm excited to be running with him in 2017."

Update on series: Working on getting used to things still. Contemplating making this season a trial season, meaning championships awarded won't account for much. Currently aiming to have a high powered dedicated PC in the second half of 2017, which will be great for a 2018 season. But right now I'm viewing 2017 as a trial run more than anything.

Back