[VRR][B-SPEC] 2018 VRR Rolex GT Endurance Championship

• Thread starter Eva
  • 229 comments
The #6 is the primary and the #9 is the secondary, we will be using Dunlop tires.

VRR CEO Evangeline Porter announced today the solution to several issues, and revealed the number plate that will be used by the series in 2017. First to be announced was the 2017 calendar:
Round 1: Japan 6 Hours/Okayama International Circuit/26 March 2017
Round 2: Italy 3 Hours/Mugello Circuit/25 June 2017
Round 3: Nurburgring 6 Hours/Nurburgring 24H/23 July 2017
Round 4: 3 Hours of Brazil/Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace/17 September 2017
Round 5: United States 3 Hours/Circuit of the Americas/29 October 2017
Round 6: Bathurst 6 Hours/Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit/25 November 2017
Porter was quick to specify that the American round of the championship was subject to confirmation based on if everything was sorted with issues with the track, and that Road America was ready to stand in as a substitute. Porter also made it clear that there would be tests prior to the season kicking off, with tests likely to be held at Paul Ricard, Imola, and the Bugatti Circuit in Le Mans. Test dates were to be determined, but were likely to be during the week to avoid conflicts with IndyCar scheduling.

Porter then covered the weighed issue of grid size. "We will be keeping our current ruleset and implementing a preliminary qualifying procedure. If there are under 24 teams, then each team will have one entry locked into the race automatically, which will be the primary entry for the team. The remaining spaces will then be filled based on times from a pre-qualifying session for all of the secondary entries there are. That will make up our 34 car grid for the races themselves.
Each team must specify which entry is their primary and secondary entry. Primary entries are locked into each race. Secondary entries are put in a pre-qualifying session and the top of the timing sheets will advance to the field for the race weekend.

The third issue covered was what races would require two drivers. "At this point, all races will require both drivers on a team. The only time a race would not require both drivers is if the race is 120 minutes or less."

Finally, Porter revealed what the numberplates would look like for 2017:
View attachment 609041
"I have to give a big thank you to the TRB Motorsports crew on a nice number plate for the series. It's certainly something to be proud to see.
Also, entry deadline is December 31st, 2016. Paint scheme deadline is February 1st, 2017

That is the one I thought that you would pick.

Swift Autosport Unveiling for Tire Manufacturer will be coming in 24-48 hours.

Last edited:
Swift Autosport Unveiling for #50 Sponsors, Secondary Driver, and Tire Manufacturer will be coming in 24-48 hours.
#50 Swift Autosport
Aston Martin Vantage GT3

Primary Sponsor: K&N
Driver 1: Mason Danniel (USA)
Driver 2: Kyler MacLeod (IRL)
You might want to check yourself Smurf.

That is the one I thought that you would pick.

Amazing job. I'm really sorry I didn't send you the bare ones, I spent most of the day in one of my programs and trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

If at all possible, I'd like to have everyone's adjusted number plates as well. It'd be cool to use everyone's number plates to make something for the starting grid of each race.

#35 Apex Racing Jaguar XKR
Driver 1: Timur Afanasyev (RUS)
Driver 2: Lucas Walsh (GBR)

Tire Manufacturer: Michelin

#34 is the primary car. I would also like to know what font the number is supposed to be, or is it something that will come with the templates overall?

Edit: forgot countries

Last edited:
#35 Apex Racing Jaguar XKR
Driver 1: Timur Afanasyev (RUS)
Driver 2: Lucas Walsh (GBR)

Tire Manufacturer: Michelin

#34 is the primary car. I would also like to know what font the number is supposed to be, or is it something that will come with the templates overall?

Edit: forgot countries
You'd have to ask @tbwhhs about number font.

#25 R.R.R Dragon Rivals Chevorlet Corvette C7.R

Primary Sponsor: Shell

D1: Kevin Ritter (AUS)
D2: Shane Van Gisbergan (AUS)

#82 R.R.R Dragon Rivals Ford Mustang FR500 GT3

Primary Sponser: Caltex

D1: Orrin Wake (MEX)
D2: Mark Winterbottom (AUS)

Is there anything I did wrong or missed?

#25 R.R.R Dragon Rivals Chevorlet Corvette C7.R

Primary Sponsor: Shell

D1: Kevin Ritter (AUS)
D2: Shane Van Gisbergan (AUS)

#82 R.R.R Dragon Rivals Ford Mustang FR500 GT3

Primary Sponser: Caltex

D1: Orrin Wake (MEX)
D2: Mark Winterbottom (AUS)

Is there anything I did wrong or missed?
Tire supplier. Bridgestone, Dunlop, Michelin or Pirelli.

#14 Mobil 1 Red Stallion Motorsports Ferarri 488
- Tony Stewart (USA)
- Kristina O'Ryan (IRE)

#8 iRacing Red Stallion Motorsports Ferarri 488
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. (USA)
- Richard Hammond (GBR)

Both on Bridgestones

#14 Mobil 1 Red Stallion Motorsports Ferarri 488
- Tony Stewart (USA)
- Kristina O'Ryan (IRE)

#8 iRacing Red Stallion Motorsports Ferarri 488
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. (USA)
- Richard Hammond (GBR)

Both on Bridgestones
Just need designation as to which car is primary and secondary.

Also need to know which car is primary and which car is secondary.
I guess #25 will be the primary one.

Also with all these real names from multiple racing series, fake names and even some celebrity names, this is turning into one crazy Deviantart fanfiction :lol:

Back