• Thread starter Eva
  • 100 comments

Eva

Founder of VRR
Premium
United States
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
BlackRose_Atomic
All of the races at Daytona's high banks are either involving NASCAR, American Muscle, or Hypercars. No more! This Daytona 500 will be a VRR Daytona 500, a race using GT500 cars. This is an invitational between VRR and RACE, and those tagged below are formally invited. So who's up for some novelty racing.
Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model/495 hp./1,100 kg./8 cars
Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model/500 hp./1,100 kg./8 cars
Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model/490 hp./1,100 kg./8 cars
Tire Rules: All cars need to have racing soft tires.
Number Panels: All cars need to have the square panel with the black outline (option D)
Paint Limits: Chrome paints are not allowed to be used on the bodies of the cars. Wheels can still be chrome.
Car Setup: Each car must use the setup provided below. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and ban.
#5: Smurfybug/Honda HSV-010
#6: Street-King-07/Lexus SC430
#7: BRRT_Angel/Lexus SC430
#9: BGT2011/Honda HSV-010
#14: bigtexlpfan/Nissan GT-R
#22: GTP_GTRacer22/Honda HSV-010
#34: WaReAgLe1997/Honda HSV-010
#62: brown352/Honda HSV-010
#80: nascarfan1400/Honda HSV-010
#96: GTP_GT916/Honda HSV-010
Honda: 7 of 8 spots taken
Lexus: 2 of 8 spots taken
Nissan: 1 of 8 spots taken
1) There will be two qualifying heats, with the entrants split evenly in the two heats.
2) If a driver doesn't make the cut off for the first heat, if space is available in the second, remaining spots can be filled based on finishing order in the first heat.
3) Top 8 from the first heat will transfer to the race, while 7 from the second heat will transfer.
4) During the heats, a mandatory pit stop must be made.
5) In the event that less than 15 people are entered, the heat procedure will be scrapped for a 5 minute qualifying session.
1) The start of the race will be under a grid start. Cars are to remain in their positions until cleared to move by race official. Each driver will carefully drive backwards to the concrete skidpad and park behind the safety car. After everyone has gathered, the field will turn to the correct direction and line up double file on the backstretch. The pole sitter must be on the left.
2) Pace car will keep a speed of 55 mph/90 kph and pull off at the entrance to pit lane. The field will maintain speed until the leaders reach the restart zone at the beginning of the tri oval.
3) Changing lanes before the start line is discouraged unless an incident occurs.
1) A caution can be thrown if there is an accident involving two cars crashing (losing control and/or spinning), or if there is a mass disconnection.
2) The pace car will roll on to the track at 55 mph and wait for the leader to reach the pace car.
3) The field is to begin coasting down to the pace speed and remain at that speed until instructed to catch up safely to the pack. Passing once caution has been called is prohibited by everyone.
4) Pits will remain closed until the field have all gathered. Once the field is collected, the pits will open for lead lap cars.
5) The lap after lead lap cars pit, pit lane will be open to all remaining cars. Lapped cars that do not pit may take a wavearound and rejoin the pack in the rear.
6) After the field have assembled, the field will go double file, first to the left, and will go green at the restart zone.
1) Single disconnections will be counted as a mechanical DNF, and will be scored based on laps completed.
2) If a disconnection gives another car damage, a competition caution will be thrown.
3) Mass disconnections are classified as 3 or more competitors disconnecting from the race lobby at the same time.
4) If a mass disconnection occurs, a caution will be thrown and the field will be red flagged before the pit lane entrance.
5) After the field has been red flagged, a 5 minute timer will start for the affected to rejoin the room. The order will be taken based and any rejoining drivers will be moved to the rear of the field.
6) If no drivers rejoin after the 5 minutes, the field will proceed with normal caution procedure and those cars will be classified as DNF.
As part of the VRR Triple Crown, points will be in effect.
1st: 20 pts.
2nd: 18 pts.
3rd: 16 pts.
4th: 14 pts.
5th: 12 pts.
6th: 10 pts.
7th: 9 pts.
8th: 8 pts.
9th: 7 pts.
10th: 6 pts.
11th: 5 pts.
12th: 4 pts.
13th: 3 pts.
14th: 2 pts.
15th: 1 pt.
Suspension:
Ride Height: Front-70 Rear-70
Spring Rate: Front-15.09 Rear-16.14
Dampers (Compression): Front-8 Rear-8
Dampers (Extension): Front-8 Rear-8
Anti-Roll Bars: Front-7 Rear-7
Camber Angle: Front-0.0 Rear-0.0
Toe Angle: Front-(-0.30) Rear-0.30
Brake Balance: Front-3 Rear-3
Transmission:
Reset to default.
Set max speed to 186 mph
Drivetrain:
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10
Braking Sensitivity: 20
Power:
Turbochargers are banned.
Stage 3 Engine tuning allowed.
Body:
Downforce: Front-400 Rear-600
Practice: Saturday, 25 July 2015, 1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT
Heat 1: Saturday, 25 July 2015, 2:00-3:30 p.m. EDT
Heat 2: Saturday, 25 July 2015, 3:30-5:00 p.m. EDT
Race: Sunday, 26 July 2015, 1:00-5:00 p.m. EDT

Last edited:
Sunday finish time is slightly pushing it for me with having work the following Monday but I should hopefully make it for all of the race.

#6 - Street-King-07 / Lexus SC430

Sunday finish time is slightly pushing it for me with having work the following Monday but I should hopefully make it for all of the race.

#6 - Street-King-07 / Lexus SC430
The finish time is if we have nothing but cautions. I'm expecting it to be from 1-4:00

A test will be available after the VRR Super GT Rolex Exhibition.

I think I'll pass on this one. Sorry but I don't think I'd enjoy this race.

Best of luck to all participating. 👍

The event will be hosted within the VRR Club Events section.

Me.

Edit: You've got spoilers in your spoilers in the OP. Xzibit must've influenced you. :lol:

Back