VRR Super GT Series--Thank You EveryoneOpen 

• Thread starter Eva
  • 3,633 comments

If you could make up the VRR Super GT schedule, what 9 venues would you choose?

• Total voters

Eva

Founder of VRR
Premium
United States
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
BlackRose_Atomic
Introduction
Since January 2015, the Virtual Reality Racing Super GT Series has been a staple to the organization as a competitive, yet enduring A-Spec touring car series. For the 2016 season, that will once again be the case, with more competitive car offerings and the introduction of class parity, which will move people based on showcased skill rather than free preference. The calendar will be bigger than ever before and possibly than ever in the future as it marks the swan song for the series on PlayStation 3. Feel free to join in on the biggest ride for VRR to date, and enjoy the competition.
BASIC INFORMATION
Exhibition: 09 January 2016/Rolex Exhibition/Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps/90 minutes
Round 01: 30 January 2016/Fuji 250km/Fuji International Speedway/54 laps
Round 02: 12 March 2016/Tsukuba 204km/Tsukuba Circuit/122 laps
Round 03: 26 March 2016/Hiroshima 250km/Trial Mountain Circuit/62 laps
Round 04: 09 April 2016/Suzuka 250km/Suzuka International Race Course/43 laps
Round 05: 23 April 2016/USA 175km/Indianapolis Motor Speedway/41 laps
Round 06: 30 April 2016/Italian 250km/Autodromo Nazionale Monza/43 laps
Round 07: 14 May 2016/Austrian 250km/Red Bull Ring/TBD laps
Round 08: 28 May 2016/British 250km/Silverstone GP Circuit/43 laps
Round 09: 04 June 2016/French 350km/Circuit de la Sarthe/26 laps
Round 10: 11 June 2016/World 250km/Nurburgring 24H/10 laps

Final Standings
1st:
#1: GTP_Bambi/105 pts.
2nd: #7: BRRT_Angel/88 pts.
3rd: #22: GTP_GTRacer22/64 pts.
4th: #24: kross_24/16 pts.
5th: #26: G_Parrilla/8 pts.
6th: #25: CrazyJohnIsHere/5 pts.
7th: #4: trobes29/2.5 pts.
Final Standings
1st:
Black Rose Racing Team/110 pts.
2nd: NISMO Motorsport/64 pts.
3rd: V.E.R.T. Racing/5 pts.
Final Standings
1st:
#11: Street-King-07/99 pts.
2nd: #94: The_Noir_Antares/58 pts.
3rd: #80: nascarfan1400/57 pts.
4th: #17: Dcrimnal/54 pts.
5th: #90: OR-DIDACT/52 pts.
6th: #96: GTP_GT916/30 pts.
7th: #10: GTP_Haruhi/6 pts.
8th: #37: HarskGaming96/3 pts.
9th: #51: GTP_Cimarron/3 pts.
10th: #19: GTP_RACECAR/2 pts.
Final Standings
1st:
GAINER TANAX/99 pts.
2nd: Scorpius GT/79 pts.
3rd: Black Rose Racing Team/57 pts.
4th: HRSC Racing/3 pts.
5th: Cat Devil Racing/2 pts.

VRR Subaru Touring Car Championship
The VRR Subaru Touring Car Championship will be a smaller championship that will run on nights following the VRR Super GT Series. It will loosely follow the same calendar and will feature a different format than the Super GT Series.
Car: Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model
Horsepower: 350 (turbocharger banned)
Weight: 1,150 kilograms
Tire Compound: Racing Mediums, as well as rain weather tires.
Number Plate: Option B
#7: BRRT_Angel/USA
#9: GTP_Bambi/USA
#17: Dcrimnal/USA
#19: GTP_RACECAR/USA
#22: GTP_GTRacer22/USA
#39: GTP_Ph7shr/USA
#63: cool_kiwi_12/USA
#80: nascarfan1400/USA
#94: The_Noir_Antares/PHI
#96: GTP_GT916/USA
Race 1-2: 05 March 2016/Race of Okayama/Okayama International Circuit
Race 3-4: 12 March 2016/Race of Tsukuba/Tsukuba Circuit
Race 5-6: 26 March 2016/Race of Daytona/Daytona International Speedway
Race 7-8: 23 April 2016/Race of Ohio/Apricot Hill Raceway
Race 9-10: 30 April 2016/Race of Bathurst/Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Race 11-12: 21 May 2016/Race of Francorchamps/Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

Race 13: 04 June 2016/Race of Le Mans/Circuit de la Sarthe
Race 14: 11 June 2016/Race of Nurburg/Nurburgring 24H
1) Entire events will be run on Saturday evenings Eastern Time following the VRR Super GT Series. Each event except the finale will run two races a night.
2) Each event will open with 30 minutes of practice, followed by a driver's meeting to discuss rules. All participating drivers must attend the driver's meeting.
3) A 10 minute qualifying session will determine the starting grid for the sprint race. The sprint race will be 20 minutes long.
4) The feature race will be 40 minutes long and feature a reverse grid. Both races will feature a standing start with false start check.
1) Events with both a sprint race and a feature race will have a separate points system for both races.
2) Sprint races will follow a 4-3-2-1 points system, with every driver finishing 5th or lower receiving no points.
3) Feature races will follow a 6-5-4-3-2-1 points system, with every driver finishing 7th or lower receiving no points.
4) For the Le Mans and Nurburgring events with only one race, a points system of 10-8-6-4-2-1 will be used, with every driver finishing 7th or lower receiving no points.
As of 28 May 2016:
1st:
#9: GTP_Bambi/38 pts. (6 wins)
2nd: #80: nascarfan1400/34 pts. (2 wins)
3rd: #94: The_Noir_Antares/29 pts. (2 wins)
4th: #22: GTP_GTRacer22/27 pts. (1 win)
5th: #7: BRRT_Angel/26 pts.
6th: #96: GTP_GT916/11 pts. (1 win)
7th: #17: Dcrimnal/7 pts.
8th: #19: GTP_RACECAR/3 pts.
9th: #63: cool_kiwi_12/2 pts.

Outright Drivers Championship
S1:
BRRT_Angel
S2: GTP_Bambi
S3: GTP_Bambi
GT500 Drivers Championship
S1:
BRRT_Angel
S2: GTP_Bambi
S3: GTP_Bambi
GT300 Drivers Championship
S1:
GTP_Bambi
S2: GTP_GTRacer22
S3: Street-King-07
Thread Update: 4.15 (21 May 2016)
GT6 Update: 1.22 (02 December 2015)

Last edited:
THREAD UPDATE (1.01): Included the rudimentary points system for each class, as well as the beginning list of rules for the series, updated drivers list.

THREAD UPDATE (1.02): Updates to the driver roster, the "Ways Of The Series", the schedule which has official dates, the points system, the new "Championships" section.

Update 1.03 will come on Sunday, so watch for it. For everyone that's signed up, thank you.

Hey @BRRT_Angel
I have a question. Race One and six are both at Fuji. Are they different variations? Or the same? Otherwise you could put another track in the circuit. Jw! See you guys around.

Hey @BRRT_Angel
I have a question. Race One and six are both at Fuji. Are they different variations? Or the same? Otherwise you could put another track in the circuit. Jw! See you guys around.
It'll be at the F version for both. Reason being is that traditionally Super GT has two races at Fuji, on as season opener and one leading up to Suzuka. Thanks for the question though.

Ok, I was just wondering. I knew they did that, just didn't know if we were going strictly off of the Japan series because of Sarthe and Burn. I wish they would add more tracks.

Ok, I was just wondering. I knew they did that, just didn't know if we were going strictly off of the Japan series because of Sarthe and Burn. I wish they would add more tracks.
Yeah. I would do just about anything for Okayama and SUGO. Only reason the extra races are in is because I feel 8 races is a bit too short.

Yeah. I would do just about anything for Okayama and SUGO. Only reason the extra races are in is because I feel 8 races is a bit too short.
Yea, or Autopolis. When the course creator comes out, do you think you will use it for say a series like this?

Yea, or Autopolis. When the course creator comes out, do you think you will use it for say a series like this?
Depends on how good it is. If it's like GT5, no. But if it's as thorough as almost everyone is hoping for, then maybe for a race.

@BRRT_Angel With the R8 LMS Ultra having 2 cars available, is that the standard and Phoenix? I heard the Phoenix one was faster when we were building up to the NBR 6 hour.

@BRRT Angel So do we keep adding ballast to our car or does it reset after an event . For example I win qualifying and the race 2 weeks in a row so would I end up with 180 pounds of ballast

@BRRT Angel So do we keep adding ballast to our car or does it reset after an event . For example I win qualifying and the race 2 weeks in a row so would I end up with 180 pounds of ballast
You keep the ballast until you finish outside the podium.
@BRRT_Angel With the R8 LMS Ultra having 2 cars available, is that the standard and Phoenix? I heard the Phoenix one was faster when we were building up to the NBR 6 hour.
Both. The Phoenix will need different regs which will be updated Sunday
To clarify, we will be able to tune? Just can't go over regulation? And RS? Or RH?
Yes, you can tune, racing hard tires.

POP UP TESTING: On Saturday, December 30, after the IRG Indy Lights race at Tokyo, the VRR Super GT Series will hold its first official test day. The test will take place at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (a non event venue) from 6:00 p.m. EST to 8:00 p.m. EST. The track will be set to real time weather and lighting.

Since today went nowhere as expected, I've rescheduled the Spa test for next Saturday afternoon. The aim of this test is to do a real time examination of the car regulations as well as roster strength. I'll send a PSN message as well sometime this week. Also, after season 1, I'll revise the calendar formula so everyone understands what I'm aiming for here. On top of 7 Japanese races, I plan on having just one international race, which will be on a real life venue, and an exhibition at any venue. Depending on how Nurburgring and Bathurst go will depend on which international venue will get the nod for season two.
Also, starting in season two, GT500 will be limited to three chassis: The HSV, GT-R, and SC430. The NSX, Supra, and Z will be added to the GT300 category as those have been formally replaced by newer models or discontinued all together.

THREAD UPDATE (1.03): Cars List has been revised, with the removal of the McLaren and the addition of the Z, Supra, and NSX GT500 cars. Roster has also been updated. Thanks to everyone with their help so far with the car regulations and input.

Latest Posts

Back