VRR TAG Heuer Endurance Championship [PS4]--Season Finale on April 14th at Interlagos

• Thread starter Eva
  • 1,051 comments
Apparently I wasn't completely cancerous in the touring car race, and I've been practicing where I can muster the willpower, so why not.

PSN ID: BKGlover
Nation: US
Team: NCTX Motorsports
Car: Chevrolet Corvette
Number: 16
Sponsor: none

Attendance shouldn't be an issue, but knowing my life something can and very likely will happen between now and then.

Barring an invasion of Aliens or some other stupid task I have to do around the house, I'm in.

I also finally Reveal my new ride/Livery for the final race:

20180412012843.jpg

What a race that was. I was sure the damage early on would’ve played a part but it didn’t seem like it at the end. Thanks for the first ever endurance championship for me, and props to Crim, leadfoot, audiman, and nefil for racing me hard. : )

I think @Cobani is probably the first person to make me sweat so much during a race. That was one of the best battles I had on GTS.

Very happy with the second (provisional) win and my first (provisional) overall podium.

Once again thanks for hosting Angel. Cannot wait for season 2.

I think @Cobani is probably the first person to make me sweat so much during a race. That was one of the best battles I had on GTS.

Very happy with the second (provisional) win and my first (provisional) overall podium.

Once again thanks for hosting Angel. Cannot wait for season 2.

Agreed @CrazyJohn It was a great race to end this season. I'm glad my controller is waterproof.

I have told multiple people of this race and the battle we had. Also showed parts of the stream. Loved it.

Thank you @Eva for organizing this beautiful Endurance series. And thank you everyone for attending and racing this year.

Well it's been nearly a week since the race. I suppose my silence speaks volumes about how I felt about it, but in summary it was an event that could have gone better... pace didn't seem to be there like at Nurb or Magiorre but 2nd row at Q was still nice.

Definitely feel I got flicked into a slide first lap by Crim, probably dismissed by him as me making a mistake as it led into being overtaken; not cool, but if you didn't feel the contact then I suppose you captialised on your initial thought.

Damaged the front aero braking in draft of Crim into T1, my fault, and led to me losing a second a lap on John and Cobani; a fight I could very well have joined.

Fought hard through the damage though I should have deviated early from my strat to make some better gains, gap shrank to the front markers and even used Gear's tow and some fights up ahead of me to gain 4th before my last stint.

Bit of a ballsy outside move on Eva into the tight and twisty sections to reclaim a position on my final stint, and then Crim seemed to give up his place without much of fight (damage?) but didn't have the legs to catch gearhead by the end.

In 2019!?

I suppose extensive testing and anticipating of other tracks is part of the R&D for the next season, if that's the case...
Tracks and a couple of cars is the big one, plus the demand for Super GT, Touring Car World Series, Formula 3, and Indy Lights also is high. Next season will be LMP1/GTE, but it'll be in a single lobby since two lobbies was simply too much and I lost care for it after the first couple of races.

Eva
Tracks and a couple of cars is the big one, plus the demand for Super GT, Touring Car World Series, Formula 3, and Indy Lights also is high. Next season will be LMP1/GTE, but it'll be in a single lobby since two lobbies was simply too much and I lost care for it after the first couple of races.
I have my two cents but honestly if you're building towards something like this then I'd rather see how you play it.

Would absolutely love for PD to swing open the doors to more slots per lobby (even if they exclusively allow it for "Friends" lobbies or something) so that the current field of drivers you have doesn't decrease, though. That's the only negative I see for not allowing two lobbies, but it did always mean a bit more hassle for you.

I have my two cents but honestly if you're building towards something like this then I'd rather see how you play it.

Would absolutely love for PD to swing open the doors to more slots per lobby (even if they exclusively allow it for "Friends" lobbies or something) so that the current field of drivers you have doesn't decrease, though. That's the only negative I see for not allowing two lobbies, but it did always mean a bit more hassle for you.
VRR runs 6-7 different championships currently for that reason. Running two lobbies for an entire season is exhausting, boring, and hard to keep up with. Individual races, like maybe the Suzuka 1,000km? Maybe. But the two lobby experiment yielded enough data for me to say that VRR is not where I want it to be to pull it off again. When the average attendance is 21, there isn't a net gain that convinces me that "Hey, this is stacked! Yeah, let's do this again!" but instead a reminder of "Oh, this doesn't feel right, why am I doing this again?" When I can put more resources towards a different championship, like TCWS which has seen pretty stacked lobbies most of the season, and is different from anything else VRR currently has to offer, I have to go for it.

Would having more space in open lobby be welcome? Absolutely. I'd kill to have 20 person lobbies. But there isn't a chance I'd make a bet on it happening. So bottom line is, there wasn't good enough attendance across the season to validate the extra strain or headache to set it up, and the relaying of information between each lobby needs a lot of work. I'd rather not continue to use a premier VRR championship as a guinea pig and potentially kill it to try appeasing the extra 5 people that can easily help bolster the rosters of our over championships.

That's the only negative I see for not allowing two lobbies but it did always mean a bit more hassle for you.
I feel the bolded parts were largely disregarded in what I said earlier... implying that a loss in overall numbers is one negative against many positives for organising the series.

ties in with:
Eva
"Running two lobbies for an entire season is exhausting, boring, and hard to keep up with."

"But the two lobby experiment yielded enough data for me to say that VRR is not where I want it to be to pull it off again."

"When the average attendance is 21, there isn't a net gain"

"Oh, this doesn't feel right, why am I doing this again?"

I also feel the below could have ended....
Eva
Would having more space in open lobby be welcome? Absolutely. I'd kill to have 20 person lobbies. But there isn't a chance I'd make a bet on it happening.
.... there. My gripe was PD being stingy with flaunting their capabilities, wasn't expecting more than a "yeah it sucks but what can we do?"-esque reply. :lol:

I get the angle you're coming from.

"honestly if you're building towards something like this then I'd rather see how you play it."

Had I not understood that angle of perspective; I'd have added my two cents and thrown some ideas out there like an idiot. I didn't and I won't; this is your series... you have gauged the options and you're taking it in the way you see it working for the long haul.

Sorry to pick apart the posts like that, just felt the wires were being tangled.

But hey, looks like you got some things off your chest, at least... that's nice to see! :lol:

Back