Wall riding in today's daily races

• Thread starter NJ72
  • 94 comments
United Kingdom
Cotswolds, UK
doc-shipman
Today's one make is the RX7 on one of the Tokyo Highway tracks...

I'm sick and tired of people wall-riding themselves to victory. I don't class myself as the fastest driver in the world, far from it, but when I can comfortably drive faster than someone around 70% of the track, only to lose because they wall ride around certain corners it just irks me.

3 races, 3 second places from wall riders... No penalties - one guy even got a blue SR rating from it...

If you're running 1:28.xxx times without wall riding then I salute you, but in my final race of today I took to obliterating the wall riders. I apologise if I took you out unnecessarily, but I eventually made both of them retire at the expense of my finish position and SR.

I don't know if I'm out to get a response to this, or just to rant to people who hopefully understand, but I'm now feeling that the walls should be made of superglue.

I'm sick and tired of people wall-riding themselves to victory. I don't class myself as the fastest driver in the world, far from it, but when I can comfortably drive faster than someone around 70% of the track, only to lose because they wall ride around certain corners it just irks me.

3 races, 3 second places from wall riders... No penalties - one guy even got a blue SR rating from it...

If you're running 1:28.xxx times without wall riding then I salute you, but in my final race of today I took to obliterating the wall riders. I apologise if I took you out unnecessarily, but I eventually made both of them retire at the expense of my finish position and SR.

I don't know if I'm out to get a response to this, or just to rant to people who hopefully understand, but I'm now feeling that the walls should be made of superglue.

What makes it really annoying is that during the demo, and at the start of this games release, you got penalties hitting the wall. Now you can wall hit to go faster where you couldn't before, so for some reason they've really taken a step back. Just be thankful we don't have any rally daily races, most of the penalties have disappeared from rally and you can wall slam to the point where any clean and fast rally driver would struggle to keep up.

And?
I wouldn't do it myself and I'm like @daan in that I totally avoid that god awful track anyway let alone in Sport mode. But if PD designed it to be exploited in such an easy and obvious way... then people will and do. If you think it's unfair or dirty, don't race on that track.

Of course I agree it is PD's fault for allowing such an exploit. I've skipped these races too though. I still believe it is unfair and dirty though, just technically allowed.

I don't know why folk do sport races at the Tokyo tracks.

I know that's not the answer but if we don't do those races, then PD will take the hint at some point.

This.

No one to blame but yourself for running the event in the 1st place.

I've had decent luck with races on Tokyo Expressway in the past, wonder if it's the Christmas crowd driving like crap?

Because it turns a decent racing game into Mario Kart and I'm guessing most people don't want that in their limited time with the game.
Not really.

The more I think about it, the more it reminds me of the chicane at Dragon Trail. That is total garbage, the fact you can fully cut the corners simply because they messed up the kerbs and the track limits makes it look as ridiculous as scraping around the walls at Tokyo...

What makes it really annoying is that during the demo, and at the start of this games release, you got penalties hitting the wall. Now you can wall hit to go faster where you couldn't before, so for some reason they've really taken a step back. Just be thankful we don't have any rally daily races, most of the penalties have disappeared from rally and you can wall slam to the point where any clean and fast rally driver would struggle to keep up.

Yes penalties are pathetic these days, you get plenty when you spin way off track and when you pass ghosted cars reset to track because of the yellow that they themselves caused and yet it takes a massive hit of another car or a wall to get a penalty now, the things that you should be getting the big penalties for.

Not really.

The more I think about it, the more it reminds me of the chicane at Dragon Trail. That is total garbage, the fact you can fully cut the corners simply because they messed up the kerbs and the track limits makes it look as ridiculous as scraping around the walls at Tokyo...

Which chicane?

Not really.

The curbs are a joke in GTS absolutely:lol:.

No one to blame but yourself for running the event in the 1st place.

Really? So it's my fault that other players cheat? For what it's worth I've used the in-game reporting function for each of the people I've seen doing it, but to say it is my fault for them cheating is absurd.

It was my fault for battering in to them and lowering my SR, no doubt, but certainly can't agree with that point. I actually enjoy driving the tracks, as they are a different challenge to others - especially to get them right - but they need fixing.

I don't know why folk do sport races at the Tokyo tracks.

I know that's not the answer but if we don't do those races, then PD will take the hint at some point.

I guess I one of those who never made a Sport Race on Tokyo tracks.

People whine about rivals behavior on tracks with escape routes, what to expect from Tokyo tracks?

Really? So it's my fault that other players cheat? For what it's worth I've used the in-game reporting function for each of the people I've seen doing it, but to say it is my fault for them cheating is absurd.

It was my fault for battering in to them and lowering my SR, no doubt, but certainly can't agree with that point. I actually enjoy driving the tracks, as they are a different challenge to others - especially to get them right - but they need fixing.

Seriously... everyone knows people wall ride Tokyo... and even when they don't, the track is an SR killer.

Why even enter the race in the 1st place when you know what it's going to be like?

It's like sticking your head in a Lions mouth and then complaining when it bites it off.

This happened in the r34 race from about 3 weeks ago. There were some drivers wall riding and I saw them in multiple races. I could take it no longer and I caught up to one of them and rammed them HARD. I took a huge hit to my SR in that race. I since recovered it and then some I'm on DR C, and SR S now.

Seriously... everyone knows people wall ride Tokyo... and even when they don't, the track is an SR killer.

Why even enter the race in the 1st place when you know what it's going to be like?

It's like sticking your head in a Lions mouth and then complaining when it bites it off.

For what it's worth, it was my first time racing that track in sport mode, so no, I didn't know what the race was going to be like. In the first race there was just 1 person wall riding, so I tried another race.

Live and learn for sure, but you make out 'everyone knows' when evidently I didn't...

So it's my fault that other players cheat?

If a person uses advantages that the game allows then that cannot be defined as cheating only using everything the game allows to be utilized in the quest for victory whether such actions are agreed with or not.

Does that mean I personally agree or think that it is right then that would be a solid no. Personally I avoid races where improper driving such as wall riding is allowed as that is not a correct aspect of legit racing practices.

I think course cutting and gaining an advantage and punishment is given in penalties that can be easily scrubbed off at some circuits easily fits the same criteria but until the game changes the limits and or the penalty for such actions many will continue to see it as an advantage to be fully exploited.

It used to drive me mad when people did it in GT6 and coincidentally, Tokyo was one of the worst tracks with the biggest gains from doing it. I'm not sure I'd go Charlie Bronson on them though. A bit extreme.

If a person uses advantages that the game allows then that cannot be defined as cheating only using everything the game allows to be utilized in the quest for victory whether such actions are agreed with or not.

Let's call a spade a spade. Crashing into a wall to go quicker can only be described as cheating.

How is it cheating?
Is cutting the chicane at Dragon also cheating then?

Can I please ask which chicane?
sorry missed your earlia reply.
The last Chicane with the massive kerbs, similar to Monaco's swimming pool section... sorry I've looked for images but can't see any with a quick google (I'm still at the office atm)

Can I please ask which chicane?
These are the main two that can be cut in a manner that would see you flagged for track limits in reality.

DT map.jpg

Number 2 is however the worse one for this, as you can also drive people off into a wall if you want (then they get a penalty and you don't).

Given the on-line nature and focus of the title, PD did a bloody awful job with the fantasy circuits!

sorry missed your earlia reply.
The last Chicane with the massive kerbs, similar to Monaco's swimming pool section... sorry I've looked for images but can't see any with a quick google (I'm still at the office atm)

The one right before the last corner? Is it possible to get all four wheels off track in that last chicane? (even if you get as close to the wall as possible)

These are the main two that can be cut in a manner that would see you flagged for track limits in reality.

Number 2 is however the worse one for this, as you can also drive people off into a wall if you want (then they get a penalty and you don't).

Given the on-line nature and focus of the title, PD did a bloody awful job with the fantasy circuits!

Even the real world ones have some good punting and/or blocking spots too, if the driver is so inclined to do so and many are sadly. This and the reduction in penalties does seems very off with trying to create a good, competitive and fair e-sport, that was supposedly the purpose of GT Sport.

Back