Wall riding in today's daily races

• Thread starter NJ72
  • 94 comments
Guys, i tried this about 10 times in a custom race after reading this and each and every time i received a penalty for it. As for the penalty free wall riding that was mentioned above, I tried not receive a penalty by being more smooth and not bumping the wall bad but i still got the penalty. This tell me that it would be very difficult to pull this off in a race and not receive the penalty. Therefore, since you get penalized for this action and it is an option available to all racers then it becomes a race specific strategy. So strictly speaking, it is not an unfair advantage.

Now, I agree that this strategy is not in the interest of clean play or in the spirit of the game. Therefore it should be banned. But it isnt, and there are no rules that i am aware of that this breaks. SOOO.... technically this is not cheating its just bad form and an arcade-y thing to do which would ruin the race for me if i did it or some one did it to me.

HOWEVER... I agree they should fix this by increasing the resistance that that wall has or adding concrete blocks to straight up wreck the players trying the maneuver. Until then it will remain an unsportsmanlike strategy (similar to divebombing corners) but not a cheat.

Perhaps they have changed the algorithm since the daily race in question (this was a few days ago now, so they might have changed things), but the people that I raced against 100% did not get a penalty. In the last update they added a little red spot on the final timings screen which denotes whether a racer has received any penalties in the race or not. The people I raced against did not have this spot which denotes that they did not receive a penalty during the race at all, whether they worked it off or not.

As said, it may have been patched, and if it has I am very happy, but when this thread was started they did not receive any penalties at all.

If a cheater with (lets be immodest here) clearly inferior driving skills than me uses a blatant cheat such as corner cutting or wall riding to pass me I assimilate the cheat and combine with actual driving skill /track n car experience to pass him next lap and STAY ahead of him. This is just staying competitive in a hostile amoral online world where real world fair play and decency never has and never will apply for the majority.
My motto here is 'anything YOU can do I can do better' against cheaters.
That doesn't extend to deliberately using contact with other cars to gain an advantage though. You HAVE to have personal rules to stick by to claim at least a little of the higher moral ground here. I will kick back at the hand that grabs me from the gutter but I won't dive down in there and get dirty with them

If a cheater with (lets be immodest here) clearly inferior driving skills than me uses a blatant cheat such as corner cutting or wall riding to pass me I assimilate the cheat and combine with actual driving skill /track n car experience to pass him next lap and STAY ahead of him. This is just staying competitive in a hostile amoral online world where real world fair play and decency never has and never will apply for the majority.
My motto here is 'anything YOU can do I can do better' against cheaters.
That doesn't extend to deliberately using contact with other cars to gain an advantage though. You HAVE to have personal rules to stick by to claim at least a little of the higher moral ground here. I will kick back at the hand that grabs me from the gutter but I won't dive down in there and get dirty with them

Pretty much. If a guy cuts in front of me and tries to run me off the track, you can be damned sure I'm not letting him past me when I get in front of him again.

There's a difference between retaliating to dirty driving and preventing them from being able to drive dirty against you.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of gamesmanship for a bit of payback.:cheers:

I race with no contact but if I get a bump, I'll do my damnedest to make you think I'm trying to do it back. Get them driving on their mirrors.:lol:

Pretty much. If a guy cuts in front of me and tries to run me off the track, you can be damned sure I'm not letting him past me when I get in front of him again.

There's a difference between retaliating to dirty driving and preventing them from being able to drive dirty against you.
But, wouldn’t that person then put you off in the braking zones?

Back