Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

I'd try the TGTT, but then I'd move to a track like Laguna Seca to test for understeer.

Actually since we're not all doing the same car I think we're leaning towards one track with a combination of high speed straights and technical turns. Going for best all around car based on average lap times posted by the drivers.

Well, there's always the Nordchleife :D hmmmm…Suzuka? Deep forest (Though I suck there)?

Nordschleife is probably my favorite track! Unfortunately its probably a bit to long to really get accurate repeatable times from unless the drivers are willing to spend hours with each car...or are just total driving gods!:D

XDesperado67
Nordschleife is probably my favorite track! Unfortunately its probably a bit to long to really get accurate repeatable times from unless the drivers are willing to spend hours with each car...or are just total driving gods!:D

Let's go for Grand Valley full then. Everybody should be familiar with this GT classic.

God? No, not by a long way. Anyways, if I'm god and managed a 1:03.xxx on the TGTT, what about Adrenaline, he did a 1:02!

Rules as discussed so far are up in post #35

If any additions or changes need to be made please let me know.

Lol, well you use a wheel, so that could be part of the reason why you're so quick……and what would you consider a 'good' time on GVS and Nurbugring GP/F?

I don't race any Nurb variation, other than the normal 12 mile track and even that is a rare occasion. I won't get into why, as I'd rather avoid the drama. As for GVS, it depends on what car I suppose?

Well…say your CT230R?
and what about a 500pp FF on sport soft? What should be a 'good' lap time for it?

Lol, I'm pretty picky when it comes to racing.
I don't use FF cars, I don't race anything below 600pp and even in the odd chance I do race something that slow, it would never be on a track as open as GVS. I could handle Eifel, Tsukuba or another tiny track, that at least makes it appear like I'm going fast. I don't enjoy the game, if there's no concept of speed, that's just me.

As for the CT230R... I didn't take it to GVS, but I would ASSume, it would be right around the 1:47 mark. Seeing as how it seems to be comparable to my Enzo, but the Enzo would blow it away on straights, of which GVS has it's share.

I can run some laps at GVS later, I have been working on a 97 Civic, but it was just for the Seasonals, I didn't have any plans to use it beyond that. But it's at least RM'd. I think it's one of the only FF I own.

Revised CT230R tune is up.

Not as loose but handles better overall I think. Just push it cause it doesn't like to be babied!

I can probably wring a little more out of it but I'm done with the car for at least today. Tired of fighting the 🤬 thing.

Don't worry, it's normal. I still get worn out from driving it now, even after several thousand miles...

XDesperado67
Revised CT230R tune is up.

Not as loose but handles better overall I think. Just push it cause it doesn't like to be babied!

Hey, I got an idea. After the Shootout closes OR as a Part of the Shootout, an Online Race for the Testers. I'd also like to ask if this is planning on including RMed and race cars? I was thinking it was a Street car Shootout.

Since nobodies taking my Evo out where the Tune can show it's worth, and that it's truly tuned on SS tires, I'll give it a TGTT & RR tire specific tune shortly. The Camber, Downforce, Toe, gears & LSD will all have to be adjusted for TGTT & RR tires.

It's too bad nobodies taking her to Nurb GP/F on SS tires or GSV on SS tires even, but I'll adjust the Tune for the R tires and Track.

Don't worry, it's normal. I still get worn out from driving it now, even after several thousand miles...

Funny how a difference in handling can affect your enjoyment. The CT230R is as fast or faster at any given point on the track than my "Pocket Monster" Cuore TR-XX, but the monster is a pleasure to drive even when pushing it all the way to its limits. The CT230R is a brute that you have to fight every step of the way.

I'lll give it a run there later, after I come back from a 'father's day lunch' thing...
Edit: I actually enjoy driving the CT230R as a brute rather than a precision tool. It seems to fit it, with all that shiny war paint it has on the body panels and everything.

There's only a couple of FF cars that can be RMed and I don't think they will be overly competitive.

Guess if there are any full on race cars or rally cars that are FF they should probably be left out. Of course the only ones that come to mind are the Lupo Cup cars and the Mugin Motal CIVIC, not sure they can even make 500PP.
I know a fully modified Lupo 1.5 is faster on Nürburgring by a good margin.

Onboy123
And that Gathers Driders Civic thing...
And should cars like the spoon civic be allowed?

I got no issue with "tuner" cars, just not race spec out the box, we should want as much Tuning from the tuners as possible.

So, so far I gather

FF Street Cars (no RM or Race Cars) Tuned To 500PP on SS Tires.

Tuners can hit 500PP any way they like.

The Track will be Grand Valley Speedway

When is Submission deadline & the last Track Day?

I'd like to add participants are either Tuners or Testers no cross overs after the Tune Submission deadline.

Is 500PP a useable PP level for online racing? I mean is it close to a general PP average used online type thing?

500PP is common, as is 550. I ran 535/S3 for a long while as that's what 550/S3 translated to after they took tires out of the equation while 550/R3 became roughly 500.

Well so why don't take that over to the tuner challenge? I brought up the idea there to use the seasonal time trail for the restriction, that right now is no FF, but it would give a good overall limitation of time and so...

Rotary Junkie
500PP is common, as is 550. I ran 535/S3 for a long while as that's what 550/S3 translated to after they took tires out of the equation while 550/R3 became roughly 500.

Why the Hell did they take tires out of the PP equation anyways? Did they justify it in some way? Or does it make sense I'm just not seeing it?

Do you think that it would be better if you made a separate thread on the FF shootout rather than have it clutter up your thread? That way, feedback, reviews, tunes and all those things for the FF shootout will be kept in one place while the stuff for XDesperado's tunes will be left alone……

Onboy123
Do you think that it would be better if you made a separate thread on the FF shootout rather than have it clutter up your thread? That way, feedback, reviews, tunes and all those things for the FF shootout will be kept in one place while the stuff for XDesperado's tunes will be left alone......

Good point I think it depends on the Garage. A little bit of attention could give people who haven't stumbled across his work the curiosity to check him out. On the other hand Onboy is right it could clutter the place up.

Do you think that it would be better if you made a separate thread on the FF shootout rather than have it clutter up your thread? That way, feedback, reviews, tunes and all those things for the FF shootout will be kept in one place while the stuff for XDesperado's tunes will be left alone……

Had actually thought about that Onboy.
I'll set up a new thread with rules posted when I get home from work in a few hours.

Only another 80 miles and 150 deliverys to make today!:D

Back