Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

Glad you got that little box of fun to behave itself. In my hands, I remember it oversteering on entry and then understeering out unless some precautions were taken with the throttle, so I was surprised you found any grip at all. It was an epic laugh tuning it, so I'm glad you enjoyed driving it. 👍

Now…about the Jag…:P

Ok, I might send out my information before I forget:

Jag XJ220 (I hope I got the name right) by Onboy

Author's note: This car was not released yet, Onboy asked me to give feedback about the car.

Another Jag. There is a lot of these around the garage now, me says. This one, however, is the most powerful road car that Jag did in the 90's, but in GT world, it doesn't seem to be a popular choice among gamers. Onboy gave this one the Outlaw treat, to give it the edge that is missing.

In a test on HSR, I was surprised with the car's handling when the road is wet. Last time I tried a UK MR in the wet, it didn't end well, to say the very least. But with this one, I was able to make a full lap without smashing a wall, because this one is composed and when it slides, it is controllable at those moments. It is a car you can drive on every single condition possible, and it will not fail.

On the dry road, the car shows its full colours. At first, it doesn't seem fast for a supercar with 600-plus hp, as the car just builds up speed in a quiet manner. In corners, it shows the GT car roots by keeping steady and grippy, even at full chat. It does feel a bit underwhelming, as there is no signs of attempts to slide into the grass without control. But make no mistake, this one is a proper Brit supercar. Fast and neat, steady and grippy. A surprising choice of a car. It might feel slow sometimes, compared to a ,let's say, a Aston DB9 or a more modern supercar, but for what it is, it is a good car.

Well, in fairness, I didn't give the edge it was missing as such, I just tried to give it some teeth while keeping it calm.

I think we all remember that last experience in the wet. :lol:

Thanks for the review though, now I just need to release the damn thing.

Well, in fairness, I didn't give the edge it was missing as such, I just tried to give it some teeth while keeping it calm.

I think we all remember that last experience in the wet. :lol:

Thanks for the review though, now I just need to release the damn thing.

No sweat.👍, glad I could help. I thought the review was a bit too short, but never mind. Anything else I need to do?:sly: Just whistle.

No sweat.👍, glad I could help. I thought the review was a bit too short, but never mind. Anything else I need to do?:sly: Just whistle.

A bit short eh? You're starting to think about reviewing like I do…which is a bad thing. Very, very bad thing. :lol: You'll start writing paragraphs and pages before long at this rate, so be careful. It's just the matter of the right car to trigger it.

Eh, how about the Calsonic? I need to see if you're experiencing the same lead loaded steering as I am.

A bit short eh? You're starting to think about reviewing like I do…which is a bad thing. Very, very bad thing. :lol: You'll start writing paragraphs and pages before long at this rate, so be careful. It's just the matter of the right car to trigger it.

Eh, how about the Calsonic? I need to see if you're experiencing the same lead loaded steering as I am.

Lead loaded as in, heavy? Explain, please.:dopey: I just want to include a bit more of info, I'm not just interested in size, I've learned that smaller things can be as good if they include the right stuff and not just hot air. Ya know, something more detailed.

Lead loaded as in, heavy? Explain, please.:dopey: I just want to include a bit more of info, I'm not just interested in size, I've learned that smaller things can be as good if they include the right stuff and not just hot air. Ya know, something more detailed.

Oh yea. Heavy and slightly unresponsive. You're getting there, I can tell that much. :D Though if you want more detail, try picking holes in the car. A tune, especially one by me, cannot possibly as perfect as you make it seem. :lol:

Oh yea. Heavy and slightly unresponsive. You're getting there, I can tell that much. :D Though if you want more detail, try picking holes in the car. A tune, especially one by me, cannot possibly as perfect as you make it seem. :lol:

Well, the car does kinda go wide when I press that right pedal a bit more in corners, I have to control that pedal to avoid going off. Sometimes the steering does get just a tiny bit unresponsive, but I haven't noticed anything too bad to ruin the car.

What if I pick a car with many holes? :dopey: That could work...:lol: I do have a lot of pet hate cars that I despise a lot...

Well, the car does kinda go wide when I press that right pedal a bit more in corners, I have to control that pedal to avoid going off. Sometimes the steering does get just a tiny bit unresponsive, but I haven't noticed anything too bad to ruin the car.

What if I pick a car with many holes? :dopey: That could work...:lol: I do have a lot of pet hate cars that I despise a lot...

Hmm……well, go on, give it a full review, let's see what you get. Drive it right, and you will be able to do slight oversteer as seen in the photos. Have fun trying, gentle and fairly small angles of opposite lock should hold it before you start having to steer through the corner.

Then you may as well do what I did to the R35 in my review thread and throw it off a sheer cliff face at 150mph. :lol: I'll share the track for you if you want to throw some pet hates off the cliff. Provided they make it, that is. :lol:

Hey Niku if your feeling crazy take the "Purple People Eater" on a date.:crazy::lol:

Well, I did drove a A310 on GT4. I was amazed at the speed that takes that thing to eat a pair of rear tires and go into wild oversteer...:scared: A tuned one can only be more crazy, right? It ain't a cheese eating monkey, I can tell that.

Hmm……well, go on, give it a full review, let's see what you get. Drive it right, and you will be able to do slight oversteer as seen in the photos. Have fun trying, gentle and fairly small angles of opposite lock should hold it before you start having to steer through the corner.

Then you may as well do what I did to the R35 in my review thread and throw it off a sheer cliff face at 150mph. :lol: I'll share the track for you if you want to throw some pet hates off the cliff. Provided they make it, that is. :lol:

I might go a few more laps to see if I can slide that thing (although I suck at drifting, of course) When the PSN repair is done, I'll pick up the blue wonder and double check.

Well, the car I had in mind is soo slow, I'd probably rage quit before I ever made it to the jump... :lol: I could throw it into a wall face first, though...

I might go a few more laps to see if I can slide that thing (although I suck at drifting, of course) When the PSN repair is done, I'll pick up the blue wonder and double check.

Well, the car I had in mind is soo slow, I'd probably rage quit before I ever made it to the jump... :lol: I could throw it into a wall face first, though...

It's down already? It's supposed to be later…ah whatever. I have a A310 on share as well, so if you don't mind…:P

An X1 would change that, won't it? :lol:

It's down already? It's supposed to be later…ah whatever. I have a A310 on share as well, so if you don't mind…:P

An X1 would change that, won't it? :lol:

Ok, time for another comparo, I guess. It'll be like this:

Except it's the french version. Ze cars will kill Zenselves, zir.:dopey:

Well, the X1 scares me so much I feel I'm not ready for it yet. Besides, I actually like it. I never had to confront 10-yr olds driving it, so I can only be happy for that.

Ok, time for another comparo, I guess. It'll be like this:

Except it's the french version. Ze cars will kill Zenselves, zir.:dopey:

Well, the X1 scares me so much I feel I'm not ready for it yet. Besides, I actually like it. I never had to confront 10-yr olds driving it, so I can only be happy for that.

Eh, ok, but post it in the Tuner Wars thread, it's part of the challenge, so we need you for the testing, if only as an initial feedback stage. 👍

:lol: Oui, zey vill indeed, zir. :dopey: :lol:

No, 2 players, you lighten the target car to the lightest, fully ballast the X1, and leave the rest to physics and the X1's immense power to handle.

Eh, ok, but post it in the Tuner Wars thread, it's part of the challenge, so we need you for the testing, if only as an initial feedback stage. 👍

:lol: Oui, zey vill indeed, zir. :dopey: :lol:

No, 2 players, you lighten the target car to the lightest, fully ballast the X1, and leave the rest to physics and the X1's immense power to handle.

Ah, a offical misson for me? You're too kind, sir.👍 I'm honored, indeed. I guess Michelle and Richie will have a go at each other to see who can catch my inspiration... (Joke related to the video I just put in the previous post, of course).

Ok, the car smash, eh? I was thinking more Tank car sandwich, though, those things are as big as their owner's chin (easy joke for the win, brah!) and as heavy as well. It would make quite a pleasant sight.

Ah, a offical misson for me? You're too kind, sir.👍 I'm honored, indeed. I guess Michelle and Richie will have a go at each other to see who can catch my inspiration... (Joke related to the video I just put in the previous post, of course).

Ok, the car smash, eh? I was thinking more Tank car sandwich, though, those things are as big as their owner's chin (easy joke for the win, brah!) and as heavy as well. It would make quite a pleasant sight.

Do the Calsonic first though. And as for the other car, I'll be doing some work on it either tomorrow or sometime this week. 👍

Yea, X1 going 270mph, target parked vertically on the peak, impact, watch the thing fly. :lol:

Do the Calsonic first though. And as for the other car, I'll be doing some work on it either tomorrow or sometime this week. 👍

Yea, X1 going 270mph, target parked vertically on the peak, impact, watch the thing fly. :lol:

Don't worry, I like that car too much to ignore its needs. That Primera is a wonderful fun sedan, that dropped its granny underpinnings.

High flying wrestling, yo!:lol:

Well Harvey, the "Purple People Eater" looks utterly atrocious paint wise, but tune wise looks like it could force me to have some fun!:sly:

Well Harvey, the "Purple People Eater" looks utterly atrocious paint wise, but tune wise looks like it could force me to have some fun!:sly:
Hey a cannibal in a purple tuxedo is still a cannibal right? Besides have you seen the things the French call fashion?:crazy::drool::lol:

In case anyone's interested here is a link to bing maps that shows the roads around Henry Hagg Lake that I drive every morning for work. I think of it as my version of the "Green Hell" we used to have street races around it when I was a teenager.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?lvl=12&cp=45.47361~-123.20222&FORM=MMREDR
This is the final part of my route. I enter from Lee Road which is gravel hang a left onto SW Shore rd. Go to Sain Creek Rd (another gravel rd) that I go to the end of before returning back to SW Shore rd. Then turn left and follow West Shore until it turns into Scogins Valley rd. which I take back out to HWY 47. Check out the birds eye view as you can really see the roads and terrain of the area. The whole loop around the lake is about 10 miles and I'd love to have it as a custom track here in GT5.:crazy::D

Here's a photo I took this morning near the dam as I finished my route.
IMAG0005-1.jpg

Yes it snowed last night again but just light flurrys was still very lightly snowing when I took the photo. About 100meters behind me is the dam and since they just opened fishing season there was already about a dozen hard core types fishing.:crazy:

Last edited:
Just want to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the brightest light bulb to ever join the GT5 tuning forum! :D :cheers: Wishing you a happy 45th birthday, though I might be early, late or wrong entirely. :dopey:

Just want to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the brightest light bulb to ever join the GT5 tuning forum! :D :cheers: Wishing you a happy 45th birthday, though I might be early, late or wrong entirely. :dopey:
Thanks again and your a little over 4 and a half hours early by my time.:lol:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hope you have a FUN and enjoyed day!!! Thanks for all the help you have given me, and others here at GTP and continued success. 👍:cheers:

If I can get to my PS3 today, a present will be sent your way :dopey:

Well, I might as well join the bandwagon:

Happy 45th year, Harvey! 👍:)

Congrats and I hope many more will come. The great Wallbanger will be always a legend!

Ok, consider this a present for the Outlaws founder:

Calm blue, wild Primera

Nissan Primera Calsonic Edition by Onboy

GrandValley-Este_1.jpg

Meet the Nissan Primera 2.0 TE. It was one of the OG Gran Turismo cars, one of the few to appear in almost all games. However, this car is also one of those that you would ignore completely, because it didn't had any appeal, and it was fairly slow too. But there is one person that didn't ignore this car, me. Yes, the engine was almost powerless, and the looks shouted out "granny car", but the handling, oh my. That handling. I had never driven such a steady neutral car like this, it was one of those cars that puts a smile in ya face when you hit the road just for the fun of it. But what if you gave this a proper engine and sorted out those looks? You get this, the Calsonic Primera, K. Hoshino edition.

TrialMountainCircuit3.jpg

You maybe wondering "But who is this Hoshino guy?". I'll answer. Hoshino was one the best racing drivers in Japan. He drove just about anything, from R32 to F3000's. He wasn't called "the fastest man in Japan" for nothing, you know. But one of the many steeds he had was a Primera, because JTCC had banned the R32, Nissan had to give him a racing sedan to fill in. But enough story, let's get drivin'.

TrialMountainCircuit_32.jpg

The engine got some wild horses, now putting a bit over 300 hp! This means that the granny power is now gone and dead, giving you R32 perfomance with four doors. Mind you, the gears are quite close to each other, meaning that if you don't shift fast enough, you'll get quite a lag before the turbo works again. This does knock some of the neutral out of the handling, because if you accel too much in a corner, you'll oversteer, and then you have to correct that by letting go of the gas pedal. Knowing that is one of the first steps to really use this here car.

TrialMountainCircuit_42.jpg

But the new found speed makes this car a fantastic sleeper. You won't feel ashamed to drive a Primera anymore, this car shows that with some proper sorting out, you get a great car. Sure, it may not feel as quick and sharp as other sedans, but in the end, you're not going to race this one. You're going to the mountains, get in the car, and make that turbo yell out loud. A fitting hommage to Hoshino, and the great line of Calsonic blue racing cars. And overall, a great sleeper for those who want to be different. Oh, I almost forgot. Onboy also said that this car has a great abillity. I'll show it now.

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Calsonic Primera- K.Hoshino Edition

Priceless.👍

Last edited:
Ok, consider this a present for the Outlaws founder:

Calm blue, wild Primera

Nissan Primera Calsonic Edition by Onboy

*snip*

Thanks for the review, linked it. 👍 It's got double the power compared to stock, so I'm glad you didn't die from it just yet. And you could have given me some background on the guy before you asked me to name it after him! I was just like "Oh, ok then, it's the K.Hoshino Edition" without knowing what it means! :lol: Did you manage to get it to do the oversteer thing? Best way to do so is to take it to Fuji Speedway and just toss it about in the high speed bit leading up to the very tight and slow chicanes. It's quite a laugh, isn't it?

And I think there's a small typo-
This does knock some of the neutral out of the handling, because if you accel too much in a corner, you'll oversteer and go wide, and then you have to correct that by letting go of the gas pedal.

I know that oversteer and going wide are two things that never meet unless you're on dirt. :P Unless you do mean that, that is.

Thanks for the review, linked it. 👍 It's got double the power compared to stock, so I'm glad you didn't die from it just yet. And you could have given me some background on the guy before you asked me to name it after him! I was just like "Oh, ok then, it's the K.Hoshino Edition" without knowing what it means! :lol: Did you manage to get it to do the oversteer thing? Best way to do so is to take it to Fuji Speedway and just toss it about in the high speed bit leading up to the very tight and slow chicanes. It's quite a laugh, isn't it?

And I think there's a small typo-

I know that oversteer and going wide are two things that never meet unless you're on dirt. :P Unless you do mean that, that is.

Sorry for not telling who he was, I didn't remember to give out the info, he was the driver of the JTCC Primera in the years it raced. I just hope that the review is good enough for you, though.:nervous::dopey: And nope, I wasn't able to do the oversteer thingy, but I will try that again and confirm for sure.

P.S. Typo corrected.

By the way, do you think that this review is good for me to use in the G.T.R thread?

Back