Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune Series

Audi R8 Gameplay:
*snip*
To me, it sounds good. But the sound recording team could have revved the engine further. The sound is almost perfect.

Yeah the sounds are spot on with the newly included cars, I assume he would've revved higher beyond the RPM limit but the powerband ends there like in most cars.

Haven't actually played WMMT5 yet, but I've already transferred my cars from 4. Anyone know the distance to drive to get prize cars to gift?

WMMT5 "Crowns" in a nutshell:

evomasterrace.jpg

Alright, does any of you people know how to counter brake blocking/ramming attempts performed by 830HP Lan Evo 9 kid drivers?

Oh I remember when someone challenged me with one, it was Wangan east and I think it was a 9, might of been an 8 though.

Try observe their main technique of ramming at first, that's how I countered him. We got to an area with lots of the Namco traffic (Mainly trucks) So I tried to pass, then suddenly braked and he hit into the truck, when I easily overtook. There was no way he was going to re-overtake again. :lol:

Although, I'm not sure if this still works on the more modern machines. As I have only ever been on MT2 and 3.

It's a shame Namco has never seen fit to give this series a home console port. Genki was a spunky company, but these are the best shutokou games around, and I'm jealous of what I see here.

Genki was pretty much the king of touge and highway racing games back on the PS2 for me. They made a Wangan Midnight game on the PS3, but it felt lackluster. I completely agree with having a home port for any of the WMMT games, but to me, it feels that the game will be gated if some people race using only the DS3, since the arcade experience feels so much better.

I think the lack of that subwoofer thumping Yuzo Koshiro's tunes beneath your butt while you whip around the crests of the C1 loop, or the thrill of being challenged face-to-face by strangers, would be more of a loss than the lack of a wheel (something the Playstation/Xbox support anyway).

That's the side of the experience I miss most from the glory days at the video arcade where I used to work (yeah, I played for free, please don't hate me :lol: ). But it would still be a great game.

Wow the update for Japan is looking very good 👍 Shame I haven't tried extreme Nagoya yet :(

Also with ramming players you just have to be patient plus have good timing :D

So I was redirected by @silverman_GT to this thread and it got me piqued. Why not extend the want of Maxi and support some maxi-based series online like this one?

#shamelessadvertising

---------------------

@Wolfe for the record because Genki was related to the development to this, not to mention the shut down of GRP / Genki Racing Project; consider WMMT as Tokyo Xtreme Racer Arcade

So I was redirected by @silverman_GT to this thread and it got me piqued. Why not extend the want of Maxi and support some maxi-based series online like this one?

#shamelessadvertising

---------------------

@Wolfe for the record because Genki was related to the development to this, not to mention the shut down of GRP / Genki Racing Project; consider WMMT as Tokyo Xtreme Racer Arcade

@MyogiWarrior34 , are you active at the WMMT5 Community Facebook group too, by any chance?

Myogi VS the Gods Episode 3 is out - VS JZA80.
We'll have a triple whammy episode starting next month - 3 uploads a week. So stay tuned to see which rivals I'll be VSing next.
~Myogi

Nice video 👍

Anyone started on the Fukuoka OCM yet? Need to get some of them nameplates soon and get a good run down :lol:

Back