Wanna know how to drift? Ask here

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 204 comments
Using Fanatec GT2 and struggling big time with drifting, I love it when I pull off a decent drift but it feels like I just rode it out and didn't make it happen. I will keep at it as it's big time fun and just looks so cool, if I had one GT6 wish it would be to have mad drifting skills. Sometimes I have to play Horizon just because it's the only game that made drifting seem easy. Thanks for all the tips will definitely be putting in some real practice time.

Using Fanatec GT2 and struggling big time with drifting, I love it when I pull off a decent drift but it feels like I just rode it out and didn't make it happen. I will keep at it as it's big time fun and just looks so cool, if I had one GT6 wish it would be to have mad drifting skills. Sometimes I have to play Horizon just because it's the only game that made drifting seem easy. Thanks for all the tips will definitely be putting in some real practice time.
Make your rear end really soft and your front end around medium. I find that makes the car easiest to control in a drift.

I know how to drift, just not in GT6. I can drift fine in GT5 and Forza, but when it comes to GT6 I can barely hold anything. It seems wayyy too twitchy, even on CH tires. Any way to combat that? I loved the drifting physics in GT5, I just can't get used to them in GT6.

I know how to drift, just not in GT6. I can drift fine in GT5 and Forza, but when it comes to GT6 I can barely hold anything. It seems wayyy too twitchy, even on CH tires. Any way to combat that? I loved the drifting physics in GT5, I just can't get used to them in GT6.

How do you have your suspension and LSD set up?

How do you have your suspension and LSD set up?
That's the thing. I have a very vague understanding of how tuning works in GT. I get it fine in Forza, the physics are just so different anything I would do there doesn't work like I thought it would in GT. I never really mess with LSD, and suspension I usually just change height, toe, and camber. I'm looking at your how to drift tune thread at the moment. See, I get the drifting part, but not really the tuning part.

I'm going off what you said about "way to twitchy". Increase your rear ride height by 5 and your front by 8. Set your rear toe to 0.16. Soften your rear springs and anti-roll bar. Also set your rear camber to 0. Let me know if that helps.

I'm going off what you said about "way to twitchy". Increase your rear ride height by 5 and your front by 8. Set your rear toe to 0.16. Soften your rear springs and anti-roll bar. Also set your rear camber to 0. Let me know if that helps.
That definitely made it feel better. It doesn't whip around like it used to when transitioning and when I'm trying to countersteer. What would I most likely have to change on any other car? Is it the toe that I should go for or the camber first? Also, what controller sensitivity should I have it on? I use a ds3.

I've heard that camber is broken. I find toe makes the biggest difference in the fine tuning, I left my controller at the default. Also try setting your LSD to 5/60/60

I've heard that camber is broken. I find toe makes the biggest difference in the fine tuning, I left my controller at the default. Also try setting your LSD to 5/60/60

Yeah, that's what I was doing. I read it in your tuning thread :P Thanks for the help! I was actually somewhat able to drift Autumn Ring. I just need a lot of practice to get used to drifting in GT6 now haha

Yeah, that's what I was doing. I read it in your tuning thread :P Thanks for the help! I was actually somewhat able to drift Autumn Ring. I just need a lot of practice to get used to drifting in GT6 now haha
Hey glad I could help man! that's what I'm here for. Practice makes perfect, especially for drifting.

Wait... there's a functional skidpad at Willow Springs?

I wouldn't say it's a skidpad, at the streets of willow before the final corner there's a massive concrete area with a circle painted in, so you can probably drift inside/outside of that.

I wouldn't say it's a skidpad, at the streets of willow before the final corner there's a massive concrete area with a circle painted in, so you can probably drift inside/outside of that.
Ah. GT6 automatically turns TCS on when you're not within track boundaries which I think is a little stupid. So how well it would work is a different story.

Ah. GT6 automatically turns TCS on when you're not within track boundaries which I think is a little stupid. So how well it would work is a different story.

It does work somehow because one corner goes into the concrete area, and you're allowed to drift on it.

Oh god here comes the drift nazis :lol:

I apologise for not labelling every layout that can be drifted with.

Call me when grass root drifters use shaved Formula Drift competition spec tires for their track days.

I doubt someone would hold a clean and consistent drift strapped with SH's but you could possibly get away with it on CS tires.

Less grip on the tire compound will always help :cheers:
Comfort medium feel more Realistic for me. Comfort hard is like Summertires on snow. If you look on how stiff a drift car is settes up in RL you understand why i like to use Comfort medium ;)
I also feel more what the car does, and finde it easyer to tune :) dont take it personal

Comfort medium feel more Realistic for me. Comfort hard is like Summertires on snow. If you look on how stiff a drift car is settes up in RL you understand why i like to use Comfort medium ;)
I also feel more what the car does, and finde it easyer to tune :) dont take it personal
I prefer CM as well

I don't really have a preference as long as the compound is below CS because I can't really get used to them, but I mainly run CH's due to being in online lobbies all the time.

I don't really have a preference as long as the compound is below CS because I can't really get used to them, but I mainly run CH's due to being in online lobbies all the time.
Yes some ppl dosent Even try CM, They just say it's rubbish tires, i would love to use Comfort Mediums in drift Comps to :)

Last edited:
Comfort Mediums has always been the better tire, even in GT6.

Comfort Hards just isn't drifting anymore when you get it.. I can't even explain it.. 0 grip...

Why is my car handling different in drift trials than in normal races? If I set it up as a. driftcar, shouldn't I be able to drift it in any race? What changes to the car of track when you choose to do a drift trial?

Why is my car handling different in drift trials than in normal races? If I set it up as a. driftcar, shouldn't I be able to drift it in any race? What changes to the car of track when you choose to do a drift trial?
No one knows what the 🤬 is going on with GT6's physics. They don't seem to be consistent for drifting.

I haven't noticed this

Seriously?
If you go in single player and choose a normal time-trial session and you use your drift-car, and then take that same drift-car and go into a drift-trial session and do the same thing....you really notice no difference?
Because it's not just a small difference...

Seriously?
If you go in single player and choose a normal time-trial session and you use your drift-car, and then take that same drift-car and go into a drift-trial session and do the same thing....you really notice no difference?
Because it's not just a small difference...
Might depend on the car but I haven't noticed anything.

Latest Posts

Back