War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Yeah, the solo stuff really isnt the main focus of the game. They are fun, but you dont earn much in the way of experience or silver lions, so it would take a very long time to grind through one vehicle, much less any of a nation's tech tree. This is a free to play online battle game. As such the majority of the game takes place online. I suggest getting you feet wet in air arcade battles before moving on to realistic as with realistic you only get one shot in one plane. Once your shot down, that round is done. For tanks, dont bother with arcade, just move right into realistic tank battles. Tank arcade is just a mess.
I suggest picking up a month's worth of premium account, grinding through a couple of ranks of your country of choices tech tree and see what you think of the game before investing in buying any of the vehicle packs.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask away, a few of us here have been playing this game since it pretty much was released.

Yeah, the solo stuff really isnt the main focus of the game. They are fun, but you dont earn much in the way of experience or silver lions, so it would take a very long time to grind through one vehicle, much less any of a nation's tech tree. This is a free to play online battle game. As such the majority of the game takes place online. I suggest getting you feet wet in air arcade battles before moving on to realistic as with realistic you only get one shot in one plane. Once your shot down, that round is done. For tanks, dont bother with arcade, just move right into realistic tank battles. Tank arcade is just a mess.
I suggest picking up a month's worth of premium account, grinding through a couple of ranks of your country of choices tech tree and see what you think of the game before investing in buying any of the vehicle packs.
If you have any more questions feel free to ask away, a few of us here have been playing this game since it pretty much was released.

Thanks for that. Well I'm much interested in all the historical vehicles if somewhat realistic feeling. Only tried a couple of smaller gun boats in arcade battles, seems nicely made. Although the map itself was fairly basic. So you can just buy the access to each vehicules?
I noticed the campaign solo content requires just a basic requirement to unlock, like having 3 vehicules etc.
Im mostly interested in solo, but this game has so many nice vehicles that i wish to experience the feel and with it's different armaments. Just wish single player focused simlite, actions or even full sim games existed on console.
I love trying out older to latest planes, and all other vehicles. Especially if physics feel and limits of it can be felt, and start of damage if push too much. Like in il2 sturmovik, you could start having your wings ripped away by the air pressure and feel it in the handling, visuals and sound.
Same for any real subs, boats, helo or anything else would be great.
Even ace combat 6 on x360 is at least still immersive to be fun in cockpit view.
Too bad my x360 is crapping out, like the 3 before that too. I was starting to enjoy it and battlestations pacific. Even apache air assault and star trek legacy.
They're all exclusive to xbox it seems, so i cant try them on ps4 back compatibility or ps now even.

Thanks for that. Well I'm much interested in all the historical vehicles if somewhat realistic feeling. Only tried a couple of smaller gun boats in arcade battles, seems nicely made. Although the map itself was fairly basic. So you can just buy the access to each vehicules?
I noticed the campaign solo content requires just a basic requirement to unlock, like having 3 vehicules etc.
Im mostly interested in solo, but this game has so many nice vehicles that i wish to experience the feel and with it's different armaments. Just wish single player focused simlite, actions or even full sim games existed on console.
I love trying out older to latest planes, and all other vehicles. Especially if physics feel and limits of it can be felt, and start of damage if push too much. Like in il2 sturmovik, you could start having your wings ripped away by the air pressure and feel it in the handling, visuals and sound.
Same for any real subs, boats, helo or anything else would be great.
Even ace combat 6 on x360 is at least still immersive to be fun in cockpit view.
Too bad my x360 is crapping out, like the 3 before that too. I was starting to enjoy it and battlestations pacific. Even apache air assault and star trek legacy.
They're all exclusive to xbox it seems, so i cant try them on ps4 back compatibility or ps now even.
If single player historic battles are what you're looking for, war thunder (WT) is probably pretty low on the suggestion list honestly. I personally enjoy WT for the dog fights and tank battles. But if you are trying to buy your way up a tech tree, you are going to spend a lot of money.
So, how it works is that you have premium vehicles, these are off to the right side of a nation's tech tree. These are either bought with golden eagles, which are purchased either on their own or as part of a pack, or you have to buy a specific vehicle pack.
The rest of the tech tree for a nation you either unlock by playing in an online battle or spending golden eagles. The better you do, the more experience you gain, that experience then goes to unlocking vehicle mods and also whatever vehicle you are currently researching. You also gain silver lions. These silver lions are then used to buy the modifications or the vehicle when they are done being researched.
Now, you can use golden eagles to buy your way through research. But, again, you are looking at anything from a few dollars to more than 50 USD. Each. And the normal tech tree, you have to start at the bottom (or, well, top actually) and work your way up. Each rank requires you to have most of the vehicles in the rank below it, and most vehicles need you to have researched the vehicle before. So if you want something like the P51 in the US aviation tech tree, that's something like 10 or more planes you would need to buy, even at 10 dollars a piece, thats quite the investment, and they won't be just 10 a piece.
Alternatively, and the better idea, would be to get a premium account. You can unlock most 1 to 2.0 vehicles with the experience gained in just one online game. In less than a month you can unlock all of the rank 1 vehicles for all of the nation's. A good game at rank2 even has the potential to unlock whatever vehicle you are researching. Especially if you got a solid xp buff from the daily login reward. This honestly will be the most economical option to unlocking at least some of the early vehicles. The grind to get up to rank 4 though. Even with a premium, that is rough. And it's also how Gaijin makes money.

Last edited:
If single player historic battles are what you're looking for, war thunder (WT) is probably pretty low on the suggestion list honestly. I personally enjoy WT for the dog fights and tank battles. But if you are trying to buy your way up a tech tree, you are going to spend a lot of money.
So, how it works is that you have premium vehicles, these are off to the right side of a nation's tech tree. These are either bought with golden eagles, which are purchased either on their own or as part of a pack, or you have to buy a specific vehicle pack.
The rest of the tech tree for a nation you either unlock by playing in an online battle or spending golden eagles. The better you do, the more experience you gain, that experience then goes to unlocking vehicle mods and also whatever vehicle you are currently researching. You also gain silver lions. These silver lions are then used to buy the modifications or the vehicle when they are done being researched.
Now, you can use golden eagles to buy your way through research. But, again, you are looking at anything from a few dollars to more than 50 USD. Each. And the normal tech tree, you have to start at the bottom (or, well, top actually) and work your way up. Each rank requires you to have most of the vehicles in the rank below it, and most vehicles need you to have researched the vehicle before. So if you want something like the P51 in the US aviation tech tree, that's something like 10 or more planes you would need to buy, even at 10 dollars a piece, thats quite the investment, and they won't be just 10 a piece.
Alternatively, and the better idea, would be to get a premium account. You can unlock most 1 to 2.0 vehicles with the experience gained in just one online game. In less than a month you can unlock all of the rank 1 vehicles for all of the nation's. A good game at rank2 even has the potential to unlock whatever vehicle you are researching. Especially if you got a solid xp buff from the daily login reward. This honestly will be the most economical option to unlocking at least some of the early vehicles. The grind to get up to rank 4 though. Even with a premium, that is rough. And it's also how Gaijin makes money.
Wow i see, pretty costly yeah, if you want most vehicules. Can see why online and service games are taking more space from single player games.. Well I'll see i guess how it goes if i do try it out more.
Does realistic feel really good?
Do you know any other games that have many of those vehicules but with better solo play? It doesn't have to be based on historic events. Even on pc maybe, i can hope they do make it to ps5 and xbox x eventually.

Isn't there a buy all option like a season pass that i could wait for a good discount on?
Thanks for the info sir rallywagon.

Last edited:
They did 2 really good games for PS3, IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey and Birds Of Steel. You didn't need to spend loads of money, like do with War Thunder, its the one thing, the developers got a bit greedy, so don't play as much. Tanks are quite fun, till you taken out by a long range sniper.:)

They did 2 really good games for PS3, IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey and Birds Of Steel. You didn't need to spend loads of money, like do with War Thunder, its the one thing, the developers got a bit greedy, so don't play as much. Tanks are quite fun, till you taken out by a long range sniper.:)
Hi John, yeah i have il2 on pc but no pc to play it anymore, and the demo of birds of steel on x360. I liked il2's feel, but it's a little laborious to travel long to reach your objectives.
I didn't know il2 was on console.
I hope we'll get more simlike war vehicle games solo on nextgen.

I was getting into ace combat 6 and battlestations pacific on x360 but the power block keeps overheating.
Edit: and Apache air assault demo.
Maybe I'll need an xbox x just for those as they are exclusives seems, but my 1st choice is ps5, pro if there will be.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just tried the game online a little. Looks well made, it says you can play solo in dynamic, historic and single missions, but do you need to progress online it seems to unlock them?
I was hoping you can purchase the use of solo play at least for those.
Anyone can tell how it plays? Is the ai fun to play etc..
I noticed you can buy 2 historical campaigns only it seems. Plus points, can you use those to unlock the other campaigns?
Edit: Well i read that its pretty bad solo..
Yes, most solo missions have to be unlocked in online battles. Each of the Single Missions has its own condition to unlock. In most cases, it's to own a certain number of planes of a certain rank of a certain nation (for example, a Korean War mission on a MiG-15 requires you to own some Soviet jets). Sometimes, they are more specific (like, "destroy X ground targets using the IL-2 mod. 1941" to unlock a Battle of Moscow mission). Some of them can be played co-op with friends.

There are two historical campaigns available to buy - Pacific theatre for USA and for Japan (1941-42, from Pearl Harbor to Guadalcanal). Each one also includes some Golden Eagles (the game's premium currency), 15 days of premium account and a premium fighter - XP-38 Lightning for US and A6M5a for Japan.

The gameplay of those is simple, basically a number of missions with AI and a scripted scenario with the same game mechanics as in the online game, and on the same maps. They also contain cutscenes and short movies with historic footage, they're like short documentary explaining the events - interesting historical reference.

There is also a simple mission editor in Test Flight mode. PC players can also download user-made missions (unlike regular solo missions, they're available for ground vehicles too). However, to play them, you need to own the vehicle you use in that mission.

Don't forget, War Thunder is an online game in the first place. Solo mode is just an addition useful for training, getting familiar with controls, game mechanics and vehicle handling, or some funny challenges (like Coffee Breaks in Gran Turismo series). The most valuable parts of the campaigns is the premium planes coming with them. I haven't tested the XP-38 yet, but the Japanese fighter is great.

Tried it a little more, including tutorials for airplanes in arcade and sim, they didn't assign controls by default seems.

Not sure about this for now, seems weird feel and controls on console At least. Not really as believable as il2 sturmovik.
Oh well i don't know, the grinding is so obvious, they take you for a fool seems a little, even the tutorials it talks to you like you're a 10year old lol.
Also the typical multi rinse and repeat of waiting in menus, looking for action, dying, Give me no fooling around solo games please devs and publishers, with no forever grinding to try syphon you out of more money hayy.
Even GTsport is like this with so costly desirable cars in game credit that you need buy them with real money, especially if you want to keep your credits for lower priced cars.

At least Pcars2 and other games give you their content. Well it's ok to earn in solo access to vehicules etc but make it reasonable and with difficulty options if it's too slow for you.

Not sure about this for now, seems weird feel and controls on console At least. Not really as believable as il2 sturmovik.

Ripper it really was good for console, plot story line, which was better than Birds Of Steel.
Both were fun online to, looked at War Thunder Last night, lot more countries available.

Tried it a little more, including tutorials for airplanes in arcade and sim, they didn't assign controls by default seems.

Oh well i don't know, the grinding is so obvious, they take you for a fool seems a little, even the tutorials it talks to you like you're a 10year old lol.
Also the typical multi rinse and repeat of waiting in menus, looking for action, dying, Give me no fooling around solo games please devs and publishers, with no forever grinding to try syphon you out of more money hayy.
Even GTsport is like this with so costly desirable cars in game credit that you need buy them with real money, especially if you want to keep your credits for lower priced cars.

At least Pcars2 and other games give you their content. Well it's ok to earn in solo access to vehicules etc but make it reasonable and with difficulty options if it's too slow for you.

Little warning before you get too indepth with War Thunder. The game is fun, definitely, but there are 'blackholes' the community has dubbed where lower-tier vehicles get sucked up into higher-tier brackets, and all the fun has been sucked out when you're a tank from WW2 fighting vehicles from 1950's and 60's. For tanks, it gets worse once you reach modern vehicles, if you're on a night map and have no NVG equipment unlocked, just leave the match and go to another one, you'll get shot out of nowhere.

But! The air battles are actually better designed than the tank battles. The biggest issue of unbalance arrives where once you arrive at jets, if you don't play allies in any way shape or form, you will lose as the F4 Phantom throat stomps the competition. Other than that, it's pretty good. The biggest issue I have is Germany being insanely OP, not from how the aircraft were added to the game, but how each match works in realistic. Most of the time, you'll start on the ground at a rough equidistance away from your enemy. The issue stems from the fact that German Bf-109s climb extremely fast compared to the American counterparts, this doesn't mean America is bad though, once U.S. aircraft reach their best altitude—6000m and above—you can practically be god-like in certain aircraft like the P-47. Unless the Germans have them too, cuz you know 'cApTuReD aIrCrAfT' This issue is mostly alleviated once you reach the P-51H, the aircraft is hands down the best prop-plane in the entire game. It's practically a jet with a propeller attached, you will out dive Bf-109's and can force them to rip. Even if certain aircraft don't rip at the speeds you go at, you can out maneuver them at the speeds you're going at and outpace them entirely. The only way to lose is from bad luck, or you were completely brain dead, or your team is dumb as a doornail and they all died.

Either way, hope you enjoy the game. It needs a bigger playerbase.

The Pyörremyrsky and F89D would like a word with you, to name a few.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't forget the R2Y2 to include—unless it's airspawn is gone. But there will be the outliers, but in general, planes are relatively more balanced than tanks higher up in the tiers (until you start hitting jets) as planes simply have been around longer. I'm not saying issues don't exist, but tanks always have a blackhole where all fun is sucked up, while with planes, that blackhole is a little higher up.

The second season of the World War mode is announced, starting on January, 28th.
Hopefully this one gets better than the first.

Two operations of four will involve all three types of vehicles - tanks, aviation and navy. Will be interesting to see what it's like.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't forget the R2Y2 to include—unless it's airspawn is gone. But there will be the outliers, but in general, planes are relatively more balanced than tanks higher up in the tiers (until you start hitting jets) as planes simply have been around longer. I'm not saying issues don't exist, but tanks always have a blackhole where all fun is sucked up, while with planes, that blackhole is a little higher up.
The R2Y2 doesn't have the airspawn anymore, since it's been reclassified from a bomber to a fighter.

The game is fun, definitely, but there are 'blackholes' the community has dubbed where lower-tier vehicles get sucked up into higher-tier brackets, and all the fun has been sucked out when you're a tank from WW2 fighting vehicles from 1950's and 60's.
It's not like it's not fun at all.
First, late-WWII German tanks such as Tiger II were ahead of their time (compared to the most of their opponents), let alone Panther II and Maus that were only prototypes (last year they were removed from the tree, though). If they were forced to play against WWII tanks only, they would be too OP.

Second, this had happened in the history with tanks of the former Allies. In Korea, WWII tanks fought along with more modern like Centurion and M46. the T-34-85, for example, also saw combat in Vietnam, Arab-Israeli conflicts, Cyprus conflict in 1974 (against Turkish M47's), various African wars, Yugoslav wars and still fights in Yemen.

Getting uptiered in ground RB isn't that bad. But it adds more challenge and motivates the players to progress to the next vehicles.

if you're on a night map and have no NVG equipment unlocked, just leave the match and go to another one, you'll get shot out of nowhere.
Or you can use the Polynom in post-processing effect settings to make the vision lighter. Not sure if it's available on consoles though...

Last edited:
The R2Y2 doesn't have the airspawn anymore, since it's been reclassified from a bomber to a fighter.
That's good to hear honestly.

It's not like it's not fun at all.
First, late-WWII German tanks such as Tiger II were ahead of their time (compared to the most of their opponents), let alone Panther II and Maus that were only prototypes (last year they were removed from the tree, though). If they were forced to play against WWII tanks only, they would be too OP.

You admitted that these vehicles have been removed, this means the frequency of their appearance has easily gone down. Even if you can run into them still. The allies still have a means of counteracting the Panther II and Maus. The U.S. T34 can easily handle the Maus and even the 76mm guns can handle the turret front of the Panther II from almost 500 meters away.
The Tiger II—while an intimidating machine—literally was hell to repair, and a lot of times, the parts didn't fit, exist, or was impossible to reach to repair. This is not also including the horrid ergonomics of the vehicle. Sure they were engineering masterpieces, but the problem is that that's not "advanced" in military standards. Advanced is making the most advanced, unadvanced technology available. Americans easily surpasses Germany in tank design, with Russia trailing very close behind it's U.S. counterpart

Second, this had happened in the history with tanks of the former Allies. In Korea, WWII tanks fought along with more modern like Centurion and M46. the T-34-85, for example, also saw combat in Vietnam, Arab-Israeli conflicts, Cyprus conflict in 1974 (against Turkish M47's), various African wars, Yugoslav wars and still fights in Yemen.

Getting uptiered in ground RB isn't that bad. But it adds more challenge and motivates the players to progress to the next vehicles.

Yes, but I care about the balance of the game over which vehicles fought historically. If this was the case, the Su-100 would be facing modern MBT's as they're used by rebel insurgents in very rare specific cases. and would be forced to camp out in forests in the hope they could ambush a modern MBT. I understand a challenge, but most players don't want to have to deal with such a huge leap in technology where HEAT shells become common place while they still rely on heavy armor which is now rendered mostly moot. Yes, damage is hit or miss with HEAT, but it's still a guaranteed penetration. Even still, this is the era where stabilizers and High-mobility tanks with high-velocity cannons become more common.

Or you can use the Polynom in post-processing effect settings to make the vision lighter. Not sure if it's available on consoles though...

You can, but it feels slightly cheap. The only reason I don't see it abusing-ULQ-scum tier is because other MBT's have NVG and thermal.

So, I tried the second season of World War. Got five medals, one more (tomorrow) and the main prize (USS Phelps, a III rank destroyer ship) is mine.
I already have the BA-11 armored car.
BfGl8me1cEs.jpg

I didn't get a chance to play the first season of the World War, so I can't compare, but from what I heard there were a lot of complaints about it.
The second season is rather fun to me. There are problems with balance and there are still a lot of things to rework, but it's the right way to go. Some more variety for the gameplay.

The convoy missions, for example. Something I've been waiting for. One team attacks a convoy of trucks and other vehicles (or transport boats in naval missions) and the other defends it. Finally, something different from capturing the A-B-C points.
QyZ4xPQmTIY.jpg

5BuyI2BLtnA.jpg

K149algPfWY.jpg

Destroyer Mutsuki on a naval escort mission. This mode let you play destroyers and light cruisers of the US and Japan even if you don't own any.
oNLkU6VSGPw.jpg

Air defense mission. One team has to bomb ground targets (such as artillery) using planes and the other defends with SPAAGs and fighters.
lk6eyrtaof0.jpg

The WW gameplay uses Realistic mode mechanics but with markers and arcade bomb sights for the planes, which make this mode less hardcore. There were some massive battles with 20 players on each side. That was really fun.
However, the balance is far from good. Pretty often the battle ends too soon because of one team's overwhelming advantage. The Germans are OP in most cases, or at least that's how I feel it.

Been using the Junkers Ju 87 D-5 with cannon pods and having an absolute blast! It has given me 4-6 kills games in realistic battles. It's so funny to intercept the fighters while they are climbing, swoop down and take out 2-3 at once :lol: It's wicked at dogfighting as well.

The game has become a lot more fun for me since I stopped grinding for planes, and trying out silly stuff like the Stuka. :lol:

I had to create a new account on account of Google authenticator dropping my war thunder encryption key and Gaijin being a pain to deactivate it on my account. No Gaijin, it's been years since ive bought anything and I dont have access to there account I closed nearly as long ago, I cannot provide toy with purchase information.
Anyway. I digress. Though, it does suck to lose some of those old vics that arent in game anymore.
That said. I was never into grinding, but I did decide to play the other two nations I didnt really touch before. Russia and Japan. And I also started playing a lot more Air AB. Yeah yeah. Puppy clubbing I know. I'll move back to RB once I get to BR 2.0 I am having fun swatting low level players and bots in the mean time.
What do you think of the sound changes? I think I like the dynamic vehicles noises better but I am not a fan of the fact that it sounds like every gun and every explosion got not only the Michael Bay treatment, but they seem to have only gotten one sound clip from him.

I had to create a new account on account of Google authenticator dropping my war thunder encryption key and Gaijin being a pain to deactivate it on my account. No Gaijin, it's been years since ive bought anything and I dont have access to there account I closed nearly as long ago, I cannot provide toy with purchase information.
Anyway. I digress. Though, it does suck to lose some of those old vics that arent in game anymore.
That said. I was never into grinding, but I did decide to play the other two nations I didnt really touch before. Russia and Japan. And I also started playing a lot more Air AB. Yeah yeah. Puppy clubbing I know. I'll move back to RB once I get to BR 2.0 I am having fun swatting low level players and bots in the mean time.
What do you think of the sound changes? I think I like the dynamic vehicles noises better but I am not a fan of the fact that it sounds like every gun and every explosion got not only the Michael Bay treatment, but they seem to have only gotten one sound clip from him.

I love the sound and graphics changes. Ammo racking still needs some work but I don't know if that would take a toll on the server/client.

The realistic sound design with the speed of sound modelled is a nice touch, though could still use some work. Some sounds seem way too delayed for short distances though that may be a matter of perception, I haven't measured anything.

Man now that they've added the J35 I'd be willing to give up my right leg for it. I absolutely love that thing, it's one of my favourite fighter jets of all time, I even have a 1/72 model of it. I might get back into the game now, specially now that the Swedish tree is not overcrowded with aircraft that'd just be in the way for me.

Been using the J21 lately, a very good plane. The main downsides are the low wing rip speed, the engine is vulnerable from people behind you, and it doesn't climb very fast. Everything else is fantastic. The guns, the roll rate, and the turning rate are excellent for BR 3.0. It's also decent for more horizontal boom and zooms.

When chosing between stealth, tracers, universal cannons what is best for taking out air targets?
Depends on your skill and aircraft.

If you’re good at aiming and your guns have good and predictable ballistics, “stealth” ammo load is recommended. Not only that it’s stealth, but it’s also more powerful (no tracer rounds that cause less damage).

If you use cannons with bad ballistics and low ammo capacity (such as British/French Hispanos or Japanese 30mm cannons on ranks 4-5), and/or you’re not good at aiming, then I recommend “tracers”. You should be able to trade damage for increased accuracy. But once you get used to shooting these things properly, it’s better to change for “universal”. This load normally deals better damage than standard but still has tracers.

Sometimes there is an “Air targets” load, which is even better. Especially for German cannons with Minengeschoss high-explosive rounds that deal GREAT damage to aircraft. The more Minengeschoss in the load, the better. Some Japanese and Italian fighters have German cannons with this ammo, too. But be careful about the British Hispanos because their “air targets” loads are almost the same as “stealth” (no tracers).

Stealth belts don't seem to work right on Tier I US planes. Against the uni belts and tracers, when shooting stationary targets, maybe one shot in a burst will hit. This could also be a me issue and I know the US normal guns suck too, but it's something I've dealt with.

Depends on your skill and aircraft.

If you’re good at aiming and your guns have good and predictable ballistics, “stealth” ammo load is recommended. Not only that it’s stealth, but it’s also more powerful (no tracer rounds that cause less damage).

If you use cannons with bad ballistics and low ammo capacity (such as British/French Hispanos or Japanese 30mm cannons on ranks 4-5), and/or you’re not good at aiming, then I recommend “tracers”. You should be able to trade damage for increased accuracy. But once you get used to shooting these things properly, it’s better to change for “universal”. This load normally deals better damage than standard but still has tracers.

Sometimes there is an “Air targets” load, which is even better. Especially for German cannons with Minengeschoss high-explosive rounds that deal GREAT damage to aircraft. The more Minengeschoss in the load, the better. Some Japanese and Italian fighters have German cannons with this ammo, too. But be careful about the British Hispanos because their “air targets” loads are almost the same as “stealth” (no tracers).

Thanks for reply, very helpful 👍

I'm using the German fighters BF109 F4 Trop, Fw190 A4 and A1. Seems like Default and Air targer belts work best for me, I struggle to make any damage on stealth belts.

Thanks for reply, very helpful 👍

I'm using the German fighters BF109 F4 Trop, Fw190 A4 and A1. Seems like Default and Air targer belts work best for me, I struggle to make any damage on stealth belts.
The F4 and G2 are probably the two best 109's to grind with and to get easy kills against allied players. Air targets work well with the 151s and for the 7.7s use stealth. Stealth belts in general are hard to use without knowing where you're aiming, but it lets you know where you're hitting really well. If you're fond of doing head-on attacks, I'd recommend using stealth belts and giving a good burst before cranking off to the side.

Alright, what am I doing wrong? I try to take out someone, use most of my ammo, then the AI tailgunner of the other guy fires one burst resulting in killing the plane, the pilot, and then sever the wing for one last insult.

Alright, what am I doing wrong? I try to take out someone, use most of my ammo, then the AI tailgunner of the other guy fires one burst resulting in killing the plane, the pilot, and then sever the wing for one last insult.
You're letting yourself get shot by the tailgunners, don't do that.

You're letting yourself get shot by the tailgunners, don't do that.
OK...I'm done with this then. I've tried to learn from defeats, yet I can't replicate the result. Cannot aim, cannot fly, cannot sail, may as well be target practice in a tank.

Yep, I'm done. Thank you for making me think.

Back