War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by II-zOoLoGy-II, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

This time, players were assembling planes (I-180S) and were able to trade them for another reward - VFW or Project 122bis (for one figher), or Merkava, Ju.288 or HMS Tiger (after assembling 3 planes). PS4 players were able to choose the reward, too, there was no need for Marketplace.

Most events have rewards for both tankers and pilots (and since recently - sailors, too). In most cases they require some sort of skill (such as "Chronicles of WWII" event just a year ago), but in the "Battlefield Engineer" you simply recieved parts by spending time in combat with 50% activity.

Lose control? You mean your pilot faints because of G-force, or your plane stalls?

2. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

Realistic controls? I've only used mouse aim (unless it was in Sim) but coupled with MEC.

I don't know about the spits but most times you're slapping the stick one way, leveling it out, and then countering it to roll at least. Using the elevators though is different. It's usually a progressive application and release.

3. Paulie

Paulie Premium

As in the plane spins out. Combat flaps help with this on other planes to make it very manageable, but those Spitfires are damn dangerous, they don't even have combat flaps.

4. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

Then you should enable the Instructor, it's available in Realistic mode.

5. Paulie

Paulie Premium

I've never seen the option...

6. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

World War mode is finally here! Open beta test starts tomorrow.

The recent Shooting Range episode tells briefly about what will it be like:

Finally, some varierty to the gameplay.

7. Paulie

Paulie Premium

Really enjoying this game at the moment, aside from the totally broken assist mechanics and general kill stealing. I got my first Fw 190, the A1 obviously, then the A4 just after. I was never much of a warbird buff before playing this game, being more in to jets previously, so it's been real fun learning about the different planes. I've been watching all different docos. I love flying the Boomerangs.

8. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

I bought the weebcopter (AH-1S Kisarazu) and a weebtank (Mitsubishi Type 74 Kai) in a pack with 30% discount.
    Challenging, but fun. My most expensive single-time purchase in War Thunder, but it was worth it.

9. Paulie

Paulie Premium

A couple short videos of a couple of my better experiences. Is anyone else on here playing on PS4 and not using mouse aim? Mouse aim obviously makes life FAR easier, but then you aren't flying the plane yourself. I wish there were lobbies that excluded it while still allowing 3rd person and target markers just like RB. @Leonidae@MFT and I have been teaming up a lot, it's a lot more fun with squad members in comms. If any other PS4 players (easier to see who's online, use party chat) would like some wingmen, I'm open ears.

10. Team THRT Drift

Team THRT Drift

11. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

I'd love to watch some one on one battles between him and Slick in planes and tanks. But, to be fair, Phly could probably make a potato fly like a spitfire.

Team THRT Drift likes this.
  12. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

That plane is too good for what it is in that video, but hey, gotta build up the hype for it before the rest of the players have access to it and it gets properly balanced.

Edit: Had no idea it is at 5.3, but that's too low for any jet. Should be at least 6.3.

Swagger897 likes this.
  13. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

Four tanks of the German tank tree - Panther II, Tiger II (10.5 cm), Flakpanzer 341 Coelian and, more importantly, Maus, will be removed from the tree in 1.91 update, and will become unique vehicles that are impossible to research.
    [​IMG]
    Players who already own these tanks won't lose them, and if you start their research before the 1.91 update, you'll be able to continue it later. So, if you don't have the Maus and/or any other tanks of this list, you have ~2 weeks to start researching them.

14. Kitten

Kitten

Well nice to know i have the Panther II, Tiger II, and the Flakpanzer 341, and started research on the MAUS.

15. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  16. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

17. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Looks like the China tech tree, or what SlickBee affectionately called the ctrl+v tech tree, is finally opening up to the rest of the world. While most of the tanks are from other countries, I think it's going to add a really neat dynamic in that you can get line ups running US, Russian and Japanese tanks. I havent seen the aviation tree yet, but I dont suppose it's going to look much different. Lots of other countries tech with a few if their own peppered in.

Rage Racer and Team THRT Drift like this.
  18. Team THRT Drift

Team THRT Drift

Check out Phlydaily's MiG-21 video. He briefly compares the Chinese counterpart. The only key difference being that the Chinese version has twin cannons.

But for the most part they really are copy paste co-productions with maybe tiny tweaks here and there.

Video:

Rage Racer likes this.
  19. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

F-4C Phantom teaser...

...And the Russian teaser with Chizh & Co - Phantom (Чиж & Ко - Фантом) playing.
    I love this song.

John Wells and Team THRT Drift like this.
  20. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Im guessing sounds have been tweaked this passed update? Cannons on tanks seem to sound a whole lot better.
    I've actually jumped deep back into this game. Picked up the Sd. KFZ 140 pack for the "cheap" GE and premium. I happen to be working on the German line up and have just started the grind so the 140 was a nice topper as well.

21. Team THRT Drift

Team THRT Drift

Oh yes, proper afterburner modelling and sound, proper tank engine and cannon sounds etc