War Thunder (F2P Air/Ground combat MMO)

I have to share this result since it just happened.

1498967_10152660151146022_6246076649976556711_o.jpg

4 kills. 2 of which were planes trying to go head on with me, so I felt obligated to show them the error of their ways. Japanese planes don't do well against cannon.

And here's the scoreboard.
10917231_10152660151046022_2021742111461761573_o.jpg

The AI shot down an enemy player... I could have eliminated the entire team if it wasn't for Max. :lol: I think the Adam crashed on his own though.

ill a noob at the game, but have been watching a few videos like bvg's.... Anyways. What I haven't been able to find is how can I get more crews for one specific tank?

ill a noob at the game, but have been watching a few videos like bvg's.... Anyways. What I haven't been able to find is how can I get more crews for one specific tank?
Uhm... Crews?
The slots in your hangar for each nation are the crews. The points you use to upgrade crews are the crew's XP points, you gain them along with your research XP. Do you mean this?

Anyone else feeling burned out because of how slow the grinding has become? Seriously, unlocking stuff in the higher tiers (both vehicles and modules) has already been a chore, but it's gotten a lot worse since 1.47. Really not feeling those changes. Even with a premium account, it'd take weeks to make any progress unless I went and played 24/7.

Playing the game for the sake of playing it is nice and all, but unlocking something new every now and then does spice things up, imho.

I haven't noticed any slowdown yet, but considering I've finally become good at the game, I can't really give input on researching becoming slower since I've personally noticed it increase.

It also helps when people flying planes with small caliber guns try to go head on with me and my cannons.

Wait... tanks... that's become really slow now. Even with a very good game, it's not much result.

Edit: I had my 20mm cannon spark off low rank US planes. Rather annoyed when I saw that happen.

Last edited:
I too have noticed (and unbearably felt it) the long wait to research. Teir 3 German tanks almost tank 24 hours of nonstop playing... I don't imagine ever being able to get the Ferdinand tank destroyer...:indiff:

... I came here to post a good game but my screenshot only took a picture of my desktop, and not the game screen:confused::confused:?? Not sure why it would do that. Anyways, it was 25,000 point total. I had a 8x kill streak going in the Pz III J1. I'm trying to upgrade the Pz. III L but it's just not that good, and one shot knocks it out.

So, I just finished a match of Arcade, Era IV. According to MagzTV, the best game mode to grind out RP, currently. Ended with 6 kills, a few assists and 1 death. I was rewarded with 1,700-ish RP. Now, unlocking the F9F-2 Panther takes 320,000 RP. That's about 190 games to unlock it. Granted, I could probably increase the RP gain by subscribing to a Premium Accounts again (not gonna do so any more, not with how much I dislike Gaijin's strategy of increasing the grind even further) or by stacking the RP boosts I get from logging in daily and playing for some ten hours straight, but that's just not something I do. The daily X2 bonus was so much more convenient for some who likes to log on for an hour or two every few days :indiff:

Getting about .5 % of the RP needed to unlock a new plane after a match and barely seeing any progress on that research bar is a real turn-off for me. Oh well, I've already played WT for 318 hours, according to Steam. Might be time to move on, I suppose.

I wouldn't stack boosters if I were you. One time I tried to stack two, I forget which two they were, but it tried to knock the combined boost down by 20%.

Edit: Was in a different match with a 10% personal booster, and someone apparently had a 10% team boost. Post-match boost was 16% off of those 2 boosters.

So there does appear to be a 20% reduction penalty in stacking boosters.

I got pilot sniped by an SBD-3 earlier today. Was him and myself as the last planes, and I thought my cannon would get him, but somehow he got my pilot instead. :banghead:
I guess I should have said people can add me: Swagger897

But anyways, did the same with a PZ IV G a few minutes ago. This time I was totaling raping their team with the Jagdpanzer IV

I just ragequit a match. Chasing the final enemy plane remaining. A teammate in a BB-1 decided to go vertical and stall his plane right behind the enemy leaving me no room to move and I ended up slamming right into him.

table_flip.gif

Stalin-1 can into taming the tigers. Just blasted 3 Tigers on one IS-1 (until a JagdPzIV damaged my breech and it exploded when I tried to shoot) and luckily had a 300% SL booster activated. :D
Over 63k of silver for one fight. The IS-1 can be really good if you don't encounter any Kingtigers...

There's something satisfying about taking out the last plane on the enemy team after it lands on it's runway. Especially when that enemy plane was using the base AAA for cover. so, I just circled around outside of the base while he flew in the cover of his base's AAA. Watched a teammate try to go after him for a while, but when that teammate flew away, I started to follow and noticed the enemy start to make a landing approach. That's when I turned around and went straight for him. Even helps that the guy was sitting sideways on the runway so I had an easy shot at tearing his plane in half.

Normally I wouldn't take a kill on an enemy runway, but cowards need to die a coward's death.

Edit: Tier/Rank 2 Russian plane research completed.

Last edited:
I've been playing WT for a few months and am up to Tier III aircraft in all the nations. I mostly play US, Germany, and Britain, in that order, and pretty much exclusively play Realistic Battle.

I'm MaxArcher on there, if anybody wants to add me.

Speaking about planes, my nation preferences are: Japan, USSR, USA, Britain, Germany. Tier IV in each except for Germany (II only).
And tanks: Germany, USSR (Tier III in each) and USA (don't like American tanks much, my tops in this nation are only M3 Lee and M5A1 Stuart yet).

Just tested the anti-tank Stuka (Ju-87G-1 "Gustav") in a tank RB game. Hit an enemy M24 Chaffee several times, did not destroy, but set him on fire twice (!). Finished all my ammo (pretty small capacity, not to be trigger happy), headed back for the base and my teammates finished him, giving me a kill assist.
Now going to test the Tiger I E.

I still like to get some quick matches in here and there, and talking about favourite planes... Here are mine:

Germany: Bf 109 G-2/trop and Bf 109 G-10. The G-14 looks interesting, but I don't think I'll unlock and upgrade it any time soon, not with how Little time I'm spending on WT.
US: P-38G Lightning, easily.
Britain: Spitfire LF. Mk IX
Russia: MiG 3-34 because OPness.
Japan: Don't like Japanese planes, don't play that Nation at all.

I've barely touched most tier 2 planes, so my favorites are rather limited.

US: Haven't found one I like yet. The small caliber guns don't help them out either.
Germany: FW 190 A1 is about as far as I progressed and I like the FW 190s better than the BF 109s.
Russia: MiG 3-34
Japan: Ki-61 really suits my playstyle and it's an awesome plane.
Britain: Beaufighter. Didn't like the Hurricanes that much and I haven't got into the Spits yet.

Latest Posts

Back